Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: UDON Presents "Mega Man Megamix"

Hitoshi Ariga's "Mega Man Megamix" makes its English-language debut later this month, courtesy of UDON. CBR News spoke about the book at length with editor Matt Moylan, who shared an exclusive peek at the first volume.

Full article here.

Thumbs up

Looks interesting! Though for some reason I always assumed Metal Man was designed as a tree-felling robot rather than a combat robot.

I used to love playing Megaman 2 and Megaman 3 on my old NES. So, this brings back memories.

Correcting the article:

The first six Mega Man games appeared on the original Nintendo system, with "Mega Man 7" and "8" and the new hero "Mega Man X" on the Super NES.
    8 was on the PlayStation and Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrave View Post
    Looks interesting! Though for some reason I always assumed Metal Man was designed as a tree-felling robot rather than a combat robot.
    That was Cut Man. The robots in the original game were designed by Dr. Light for peaceful purposes and stolen by Dr. Wily and turned to evil; the robots in the second game are Wily's original creations.

(Incidentally, the robots in 4 were designed by Dr. Cossack, who Wily coerced into working for him by holding his daughter hostage, the ones in 6 were hijacked from a robotics design contest, and the ones in 9 were Light's robots who rebelled because they were scheduled for destruction. As far as I know the rest are Wily's.)

HUGE Mega Man fan! Big fan of Capcom games overall and Mega Man II was where that started! Super excited about reading this manga. And yeah, huge comic book fan at the same time so when X-Men vs. Street Fighter came out I was one of those kids that went NUTS lol! Still great to have Mega Man in the Marvel vs. Capcom games heh.

The preview pages for Megamix look great! And a ZX manga coming soon too? Very cool.
    Last edited by Sano; 01-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Currently Enjoying: Amazing Spider-Man, Justice League, Mega Man, Skull-Kickers, Shonen Jump
    Looking Forward To: Street Fighter Origins Akuma and the next Berserk volume

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

I almost ordered this. Might still pick it up if I see it and have some extra cash. Actually... crap... this would have made an excellent birthday gift for a friend. Might get it then for that.
    Xenos

I have a friend who is a huge Mega Man friend. Gotta tell him about these.

DEAD MEANS DEAD DAMNIT Bedlam66's Avatar

Someone let me know when Udon Actually Finishes something they start and I'll get interested. I've already been sucked into titles that never made it past the first story arc or never even finish the first arc to get interested in this. Maybe if they finish this I'll pick it up in trade.
    -JLA MEMBER-

JPEG League of America

Syphre Zero:
    Bless us, oh Lord, and thank You for the gift of Ed Benes which You have bestowed upon us. Grant him his rightful reward and favor him as You have Michael Turner and all Your other children who draw women really, REALLY well.

http://www.badpressonline.com/
    CBR DC Wallpaper Thread Newsarama Wallpaper Thread CBR All Comic Art Wallpaper Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66 View Post
    Someone let me know when Udon Actually Finishes something they start and I'll get interested. I've already been sucked into titles that never made it past the first story arc or never even finish the first arc to get interested in this. Maybe if they finish this I'll pick it up in trade.
    Hey bedlam! If you mean our original comic stories, the only series where we never finished the story was Rival Schools. (unfortunately sales were not high enough to justify continuing). But you can read the conclusion to the Rivals Schools story for free on our website:

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/?page_id=842

Also the Mega Man Megamix series is not a comic story, it is a manga series. So it's available only in 200+ page book format. All the stories within were complete many years ago in Japan, so there's no worries about this series not finishing heh.
    Last edited by mattmoylan; 01-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.

CBR Person of Interest BlueThunderArmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    Correcting the article:

8 was on the PlayStation and Saturn.
    Corrected, thanks. Though I did compress a bit to make it read better.

Definitely psyched about this!

Jeff

This sounds cool. I like Mega Man, though I always stunk at the games.

Wish I still had my old NES. You don't think much about gettiing rid of it and then you remember how great a couple of those games were so much you would like to play them again for a while.

Picked it up yesterday and wow this manga is SOOOO good! While reading it I had massive flashbacks of Mega Man 1, 2, 3 and parts of it reminded me of Mega Man Powered Up ROFL!

There are several changes to the game's story but you could tell the author really loves Mega Man and he really came up with a cool manga.

Gotta love the cameo by a Street Fighter character too.
    Currently Enjoying: Amazing Spider-Man, Justice League, Mega Man, Skull-Kickers, Shonen Jump
    Looking Forward To: Street Fighter Origins Akuma and the next Berserk volume