Page 114 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1929
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Brazilian melodic metallers ANGRA celebrated the 20th anniversary of the release of their 1993 debut album, "Angels Cry", with a special concert on August 25 at HSBC Brasil in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The show, which was recorded for a DVD, featured guest appearances by Tarja Turunen (NIGHTWISH) and Uli Jon Roth (SCORPIONS).

The official cover artwork for the "Angels Cry: 20th Anniversary Tour" DVD can be seen below. The disc is tentatively due before the end of the year.

ANGRA's setlist was as follows:
    01. Angels Cry
    02. Nothing to Say
    03. Waiting Silence
    04. Lisbon
    05. Time
    06. Millennium Sun (intro w/ Kiko Loureiro on keyboards)
    07. Winds of Destination (intersection w/ Kiko Loureiro on keyboards)
    08. Gentle Change
    09. The Voice Commanding You (Rafael Bittencourt on vocals)
    10. Late Redemption
    11. Silence and Distance (intro w/ Kiko Loureiro on keyboards) Acoustic set
    12. Reaching Horizons (Rafael Bittencourt on vocals)
    13. Unholy Wars / Caça e Caçador (Rafael Bittencourt and Kiko Loureiro on vocals)
    14. A Monster in Her Eyes (Rafael Bittencourt and Kiko Loureiro on vocals)
    15. Make Believe (Rafael Bittencourt and Kiko Loureiro on vocals)

Encore:
    16. No Pain for the Dead (with Familia Lima on strings)
    17. Stand Away (Tarja Turunen on vocals and Familia Lima on strings)
    18. Wuthering Heights (Kate Bush cover) (Tarja Turunen on vocals and Uli Jon Roth on guitar)
    19. Evil Warning (Amílcar Christófaro on drums)

Encore 2:
    20. Unfinished Allegro (Familia Lima on strings)
    21. Carry On
    22. Rebirth
    23. The Sails Of Charon (SCORPIONS cover) (Uli Jon Roth on guitar and Rafael Bittencourt on vocals)
    24. In Excelsis
    25. Nova Era

I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

You can check out the new Metal Church song "Scream" HERE!

The video for the Ashes of Ares song "This is My Hell" is below.

I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Former CHASTAIN bandmates Leather Leone (vocals) and David T. Chastain (guitar) have been demoing new music since January in an attempt "to see if we have any magic left," the singer tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET. She adds: "And it appears we are conjuring up the spirit one more time. We are currently in the studio to start tracking." They are joined in CHASTAIN's current linup by original bassist Mike Skimmerhorn and the group's latest addition, drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND, FIREWIND).

Says David: "We are trying to write and record music that is expected of us, but with some modern twists and turns.

"We demoed up 20 tracks and it was difficult to leave any of the them off the CD.

"Stian did an amazing job with the drum tracks and his performance is probably the best drumming on any CHASTAIN release to date.

"We have been in no rush as we wanted to make sure everything would live up to our past releases, but at this point we are in the home stretch."
    The album will be called Surrender to No One. It is reportedly due out via Leviathan Records on November 19th.

01. Surrender To No One
    02. Fear My Wrath
    03. I Am Sin
    04. Stand And Fight
    05. Freedom Within
    06. Bleed Through Me
    07. Call Of The Wild
    08. Evil Awaits Us
    09. Save Me Tonight
    10. Deep Down In The Darkness
    11. Rise Up

Last edited by Deathstroke; 10-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    I'm on Twitter

Iron Savior will have a new CD (as yet untitled) out in early 2014 via AFM Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Iron Maiden's appearance at Rock in Rio will be streamed live on YouTube. The band is expected to take the stage at approximately 11pm, Eastern time, later tonight. Also streaming will be Slayer and Avenged Sevenfold.

Here's the site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEcvj6X_h4
    Last edited by DonC; 09-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Thanks DonC...wish I could watch, but I'll be asleep by then most likely.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Deicide CD In The Minds Of Evil is due out this fall on Century Media Records.

The tracklisting:

01. In The Minds Of Evil
    02. Thou Begone
    03. Godkill
    04. Beyond Salvation
    05. Misery Of One
    06. Between The Flesh And The Void
    07. Even The Gods Can Bleed
    08. Trample The Cross
    09. Banished By Evil
    10. Kill The Light Of Christ
    11. End The Wrath Of God
    Here's the cover art:

I'm on Twitter

The new Generation Kill CD We're All Gonna Die is due out November 15th via Nuclear Blast Records.

01. Born To Serve
    02. Prophets Of War
    03. Self Destruction
    04. Friendly Fire
    05. Carny Love
    06. Vegas
    07. There Is No Hope
    08. We're All Gonna Die
    I'm on Twitter

'80s hard rock queen Lita Ford will release a new live album, "The Bitch is Back...Live", on October 22 in North America, on October 25 in Germany and on October 28 in the rest of Europe through SPV/Steamhammer. The disc features a recording of Lita's October 2012 performance at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, California.

The album will be released as a digipak with a special booklet including fan photos and download.

Where does the title come from? Lita opens the show with her rendition of the classic Elton John track "The Bitch is Back", which was previously released as a bonus track on "Living Like A Runaway". "Well, I heard [the original version of the song] on the radio and I just thought it worked for Elton John, and it works for Lita Ford," Lita explained to Metal-Rules.com when asked how she came to cover the track. "It kind of makes a statement, saying, 'She's back,' and this is me saying this, not anybody else, you know?! It came from me, and I spoke to Elton John backstage before we released the album and I wanted his blessing. I didn't want to just take his song and do it because I've done my own version of it. It's more guitar-orientated instead of piano. So I said to him we're doing 'The Bitch Is Back' and we gave him a copy of it, and his tour manager wrote back and said, 'It's one rocking version.' But I went backstage because he came through town and I went backstage and said, 'Hello!' and he said, 'That's my song,' you know, 'That's my song,' and I said, 'Yes, it is your song,' and I said, 'Thank you for letting me do it,' and he said, 'Thank you for doing my song.' So I thought, 'Right on, I got his blessing.'"

"The Bitch is Back...Live" track listing:

01. The Bitch Is Back
    02. Hungry
    03. Relentless
    04. Living Like A Runaway
    05. Devil In My Head
    06. Back To The Cave
    07. Can't Catch Me
    08. Out For Blood
    09. Dancing On The Edge
    10. Hate
    11. Close My Eyes Forever
    12. Kiss Me Deadly
    The album has new release dates:

November 5 in North America, on October 25 in Germany and on October 28 in the rest of Europe
    I'm on Twitter

You can check out the title track to the Metal Church album Generation Nothing HERE!
    I'm on Twitter

Was the new Lita Ford album any good? I got the duets album she did and it was horrible.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Was the new Lita Ford album any good? I got the duets album she did and it was horrible.
    Don, I really liked it.

You can read my thoughts on the album HERE!
    I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen
    I'm on Twitter

Don't know how I screwed that up...
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 09-27-2013 at 04:08 AM.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Steel Panther CD All You Can Eat is due out early 2014.
    I'm on Twitter