Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover — who left Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band — will join the Todd La Torre-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE on stage this coming Thursday, March 7 at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to perform the QUEENSRŸCHE classic "Take Hold Of The Flame".

In a posting on his Twitter account, Glen wrote: "Going up onstage with the REAL QUEENSRŸCHE and play 'Take Hold Of The Flame' this thursday at the Phoenix in Toronto. Going to be fun stuff!"
    "REAL QUEENSRYCHE"...Laughing & Laughing.

I realize it's a necro-post, but I can't help thinking that this would'nt even faze the ego that is Geoff Tate. He must truly be an epic, unsufferable bore to be in the same room with.

This entire disaster is just precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    The CD's post "Flying" that are more often in my CD player than the rest are:
    "The Extremist- 1992"
    "Strange Beautiful Music- 2002"
    "Super Colossal- 2006"
    Loved, The Extremist. Just about the only CD of his I'd buy again if I lost it.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Ex-Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen will release her new album Colours In The Dark on August 23rd via earMUSIC.
    The August 23rd date is for the European release. The North American release will be August 27th via Armoury Records.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's an interview with Dug Pinnick of King's X.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Stryper CD No More Hell To Pay is due out in the fall on Frontiers Records.

Oh, and then there was this:

I'm on Twitter

The new King Kobra CD II is due out July 5th in Europe and July 9th in North America via Frontiers Records.

The track listing:

Hell On Wheels
    Knock 'Em Dead
    Have A Good Time
    The Ballad Of Johnny Rod
    Take Me Back
    When The Hammer Comes Down
    Running Wild
    The Crunch
    Got It Comin'
    Deep River
    Don't Keep Me Waiting
    We Go Round
    I'm on Twitter

Tesla guitarist Dave Rude's solo CD The Key is due out June 4th via Rat Pak Records.

The Key
    Yours to Hold
    Afterlife
    On My Own Again
    Iron Grip
    Own The Night
    Forgive Her
    One Night, One Day
    Sledgehammer
    Charlie Mansion

Metal guitar shredder "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD, TESTAMENT, SEBASTIAN BACH) and C.M.M. Entertainment, LLC have announced the worldwide release of Chlasciak's new album, "The Metalworker".

Says Mike: "Foremost, I want to say thank to you for following my metal journey and sharing the passion with me for the only style of music that simply can not be challenged as far as the presence it bestows upon a fan's life. I believe one thing as we all have in common here is that we love heavy metal — loud, pure, unbending, cranking - the voice of the gods.

"It is with these thoughts that I try to approach making an album or participating in a tour. Metal, for me, is bigger than a CD in my collection or what's playing on the iPod while I do a task. In reality, there is no separation for me at all. It owns me and I own it. It's bigger than all of us, yet we are an integral part of keeping it strong and preserved for the next generation of metalheads.

"Today is an important day for me as I'm letting you know about my new album, 'The Metalworker'.

"When you do things as a solo artist, it's an immense undertaking to make a record. And, since I'm a perfectionist .... well, you can put that together.

"I have made 'The Metalworker' with no compromises, no filler, no Auto-Tune, no crazy Pro Tools or studio magic. I did it old school, I suppose, by today's standards. Marshalls were cranking while I went for the best takes. Same way the greatest records of all time were made by PRIEST, MAIDEN, MEGADETH and many others.

"I asked the best musicians I could find to make my best album to date. Carlos Zema is a superior singer and he stands in the league of the greats. Mike LePond's bass playing drives forward SYMPHONY X, which, we all know, is a killer band. Drummer Kevin Talley has this wild ability to almost read my mind and provide the perfect drum parts to my riffs, which is quite rare. His double-bass skills are almost machine-like and I challenged him with the fastest track I ever recorder — 'Hails And Horns'. Let's just say, wait 'till you hear this!

"Come on down and take part of what I've been doing for the last three years! Horns up forever!"

"The Metalworker" comes out on June 4 while iTunes pre-orders start next Tuesday, May 14.

An official exclusive pre-sale package, including a signed CD and postcard, plus a guitar pick, has been launched on www.metalmike.net.

"The Metalworker" will be officially available via iTunes, Amazon MP3, Rhapsody, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Tradebit, MySpace Music, Nokia and other major digital distributors. The album is also available in physical format across most locations that support and distribute quality metal, including CM Distro, Amazon.com, CD Universe and many others.

"The Metalworker" track listing:

01. On Leather Wings
    02. Don't Shoot The Crown
    03. We Are The Cross
    04. M Is For Metal
    05. Hell No!
    06. Tonight We Ride
    07. This Is War
    08. Hails And Horns
    09. Weight Of The Heart

Best known as the long standing guitarist to JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford, Chlasciak has also recorded and/or shared stages with Bruce Dickinson, Axl Rose, Geoff Tate, Sebastian Bach, Rudolf Schenker and TESTAMENT. He has released several solo-based albums, guitar books, a metal guitar instructional DVD, and writes his own monthly column, "Metal For Life", for Guitar World magazine.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Soil CD Whole is due out in August.
    I'm on Twitter

The Jon Oliva solo CD Raise The Curtain is due out June 5th on AFM Records.

01. Raise The Curtain
    02. Soul Chaser
    03. Ten Years
    04. Father Time
    05. I Know
    06. Big Brother
    07. Armageddon
    08. Soldier
    09. Stalker
    10. The Witch
    11. Can't Get Away
    12. The Truth (bonus track)

Nina Noir (pictured below) was selected by Geoff Tate to take part in the 2013 QUEENSRŸCHE tour after making a guest appearance on the band's new album, "Frequency Unknown", says in an online posting that she was "forced" by QUEENSRŸCHE's management "into [the] decision" to discontinue her involvement in the trek. She continues: "I hope them nothing but the best! They are fantastic musicians and ever better people. Nothing but love for them." She adds in a separate posting: "This was my decision and is in no way a reflection of the band members… I had such a good time on tour aside from some unnecessary stress." Nina sang a duet with Geoff on the group's epic song, "Suite Sister Mary".

Check out the second video from The Winery Dogs. The song is called "Desire".

I'm on Twitter

Finally finished inking my KISS portraits.
    Now I just have to paint a background and add some finishing touches.

The individual portraits are also online.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

The new Robin Beck CD Underneath is due out in the UK on August 12th and the rest of Europe on August 15th (US release pending) via HMMR Records / Cargo Records.

01. Wrecking Ball
    02. Ain't That Just Like Love
    03. Sprain
    04. Underneath
    05. Catfight
    06. Check Your Attitude
    07. Burnin Me Down
    08. Perfect Storm
    09. Ya Can't Fight Love
    10. I Swear The Nights
    11. Follow You

The new CD from the Pat Travers Band is called Can Do. It will be out July 5th in Europe and July 9th in North America via Frontiers Records.

"Toronto born Pat Travers has delivered one tasty release after another in his over 37 years career in music. From the powerhouse, rockin' 70's sound of such albums as Heat in the Street and Makin' Magic, to the classy melodic eighties rock before a blues period in the nineties, Pat has always kept a high standard for his musical output. “When I was contacted by Frontiers to record a new original studio album they asked me if I could create some music reminiscent of my earlier albums that were done in the U.K. and South Florida in the late '70's early '80's.” says Pat. “What made those records different was that I was allowed the luxury of spending some time in the studio without any outside influences and that's when I could get really creative. Frontiers Records let me have the time I needed to work on the songs and production. Also the beginning of 2012 was a particularly creative period for me and I believe I have written some of my best material ever for 'Can Do'".

Since the second decade of the Millennium dawned, Pat and his Band show no sign of letting up. The proof of the future are safe in the eight hands of Mr. Travers, second guitarist Kirk McKim, Bassist Rodney O'Quinn and longtime sticksman, Sandy Gennaro. “We had a fantastic collaboration and I felt very comfortable when tracking the new music. I really feel that the sound and production and also the quality of the songs and performances make this what I think my fans are going to call “A classic PT record” says Pat.
    This Pat Travers Band is also one seriously tight rockin' unit, and live, they always deliver. From the streets of Toronto, to the streets of London, to the streets of the WORLD, now, here to kick your ass… The Pat Travers Band!!

Can Do includes the following songs: Can Do; Stand Up / Give It Up; Diamond Girl; As Long As I'm With You; Long Time Gone; Wanted (That Was Then / This Is Now); Armed And Dangerous; Here Comes The Rain Again; Keep Calm & Carry On; Dust & Bone; Waitin' On The End Of Time; Red Neck Boogie.
    I'm on Twitter

Bassist Eric Avery has left Nine Inch Nails.

House of Lords singer James Christian will have his new solo album, Lay It All On Me out July 5th in Europe and July 9th in North America from Frontiers Records.

01. Lay It All On Me
    02. Sacred Heart
    03. Day In The Sun
    04. Believe In Me
    05. You're So Bad
    06. Don't Come Near Me
    07. Let It Shine
    08. She's All The Rage
    09. Sincerely Yours
    10. Shot In The Dark
    11. Welcome To Your Future
    I'm on Twitter

The new Stormzone CD Three Kings will be out July 22nd via Metal Nation Ltd.

01. The Pass Loning
    02. Night Of The Storm
    03. Stone Heart
    04. Three Kings
    05. Alive
    06. B.Y.H.
    07. Beware In Time
    08. Wallbreaker
    09. I Am The One
    10. Never Trust
    11. Out Of Eden
    12. The Pain Inside
    13. Spectre

STORMZONE is:

Steve Moore – Guitar
    John "Harv" Harbinson - Lead Vocals
    Graham McNulty - Bass
    Davy Bates - Drums
    David Shields - Guitar
    I'm on Twitter

Ex-Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen will release her new album Colours In The Dark on August 23rd via earMUSIC.
    Here's the cover art:

I'm on Twitter

The new CD from Trouble will be called The Distortion Field. It is due out July 16th in North America and July 26th in Europe on FRW Records.

01. Sink Or Swim
    02. Paranoid Conspiracy
    03. Glass Of Lies
    04. The Grey Chill Of Autumn
    05. When The Sky Comes Down
    06. Butterflies
    07. Your Reflections
    08. Have I Told You
    09. The Apple From The Snake
    10. Hunters Of Doom
    11. Sucker
    12. The Broken Have Spoken

I'm on Twitter