Page 98 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1939
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

King's X singer/bassist dUg Pinnick will have his new solo album Naked out May 7th via RockArmy Records / MVD.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's the cover art for the Black Sabbath CD 13.

The new Powerworld CD Cybersteria will be released in Germany on May 24, in the rest of Europe on May 27 and in the U.S./Canada on June 4 through SPV/Steamhammer.

01. Children Of The Universe
    02. Slave To The Powerworld
    03. Back On Me
    04. World Knows Your Secrets - Virtuality
    05. You Gotta Hold On
    06. Am I Digital? (intro)
    07. Coast Of Tears
    08. Black Ash
    09. Like A Shadow
    10. Cybersteria
    11. You Will Find A Way
    12. Not Bound To The Evil
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The new Seven Witches album will feature new vocalist Anthony Cross. The album, due out later in the year via Entertainment One / Frostbyte Media, will be called The Rebirth.

After over 20 different vocalist submissions, Cross was chosen to bring a different dimension to the already well-known WITCHES sound. In recent years, he spent time singing for bands like LIVESAY, SHADOW IMAGE, FISCHEL'S BEAST, ATTACKER, and most recently, the IRON MAIDEN tribute act SANCTUARY. Rounding out the new lineup is the massive rhythm team of Ronnie Parkes (SLIPPERY WHEN WET, FARCRY) on bass and Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, DANZIG, SEVENTH VOID, A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH) on drums.
    Here's the artwork:

I'm on Twitter

The new Mike Tramp CD Cobblestone Street is due out in Europe via Target Records on April 8th.

01. Cobblestone Street
    02. Caught In The Storm
    03. New Day
    04. Ain't The Life I Asked For
    05. Revolution
    06. We'll Be Alright
    07. Angel Or Devil
    08. Find It In Your Heart
    09. What Are You Gonna Do
    10. Once
    11. More To Life Than This (Bonus track)
    12. '92 (Bonus Track)

The album will be out in North America on May 7th via Deadline Music.
    I'm on Twitter

An 11 track solo CD from Jon Oliva will be released later this year via AFM Records.
    The album is due out June 5th.
    I'm on Twitter

Any thoughts on Volbeat? I work with a groupie and she finally lent me their newest album as a first listening experience. They seem really solid instrumentally. Not quite sold on the singer yet as he sounds like just another European hard (melodic) rock singer from the dime a dozen bucket.

The album is due out June 5th.
    SWEET!!! can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    Any thoughts on Volbeat? I work with a groupie and she finally lent me their newest album as a first listening experience. They seem really solid instrumentally. Not quite sold on the singer yet as he sounds like just another European hard (melodic) rock singer from the dime a dozen bucket.
    No thoughts from me. I haven't listened to the group. I know they just added ex-Anthrax guitarist Rob Caggiano to the band as a second guitarist after he produced their latest CD.
    I'm on Twitter

Big thumbs up for the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club album Specter at the Feast (if they get any pub in this thread).

The new Circle II Circle CD Seasons Will Fall is due out January 25th via earMUSIC.

01. Diamond Blade
    02. Without A Sound
    03. Killing Death
    04. Epiphany
    05. End Of Emotion
    06. Dreams That Never Die
    07. Seasons Will Fall
    08. Never Gonna Stop
    09. Isolation
    10. Sweet Despair
    11. Downshot
    12. Only Yesterday
    Here's the video for the title track:

I'm on Twitter

Freedoms Reign will release their self-titled 2nd album later this year. The band led by Victor Arduini, original guitarist and founding member of FATES WARNING (having played on 1984's "Night On Brocken" and 1985's "The Spectre Within").

The group, which features Arduini on lead vocals and guitar, Tom Vumback on guitar, Mike Jones on bass and Chris Judge on drums, recorded the new album at Dexters Lab Recording in Milford, Connecticut with Nick Belmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST).

According to a press release, "Shadows Of Doubt" represents "a passionate and frenetic display of power metal at its best."

States Arduini: "FREEDOMS REIGN is right where I want to pick up from where I left off. This music feels as great to play as it did when we recorded 'Spectre'. It still means something to do this, and I don't think I've ever been a part of anything better."

FREEDOMS REIGN's musical direction is described as "very powerful [with] heavy riffs which hark back to the old FATES" material.
    The album is due out April 30th via Cruz Del Sur Music.

You can check out the song "Shadows of Doubt" here:

I'm on Twitter

The second album from Angels of Babylon will be called Thundergod and will be released via Scarlet Records.

"Founded by former MANOWAR drummer Kenny "Rhino" Earl in 2008, ANGELS OF BABYLON released its debut album, "Kingdom Of Evil", in 2010. The CD featured another heavy metal legend, David Ellefson (of MEGADETH fame), on bass guitar.

"Thundergod" is as a collection of epic, melodic and heavy songs that will inspire and arouse the imagination, a timeless piece of work that any real heavy metal fan will treasure for many years to come.

Says Rhino: "This record is a real labor of love. It is epic and memorable.

"I don't like to write the standard macho metal songs.

"People may or may not be surprised that there are songs written from the heart.

"I never compromise my art.

"Also, there is no quantizing, no triggers; this album is 100% organic.

"Melody, emotion and energy... this is the focal point of all of our songs.

"I like my lyrics to be more about fantasy, real life experiences and historic events rather than going too dark and sinister. Although you might find a shadow here and there.

"The song 'Thunder God' is dedicated to my friend Scott Columbus. May you keep your hammer high!"

ANGELS OF BABYLON is:

Diego Valdez - Vocals
    Rhino - Drums
    Ethan Brosh - Guitar"

I'm on Twitter

The new CD from The Black Dahlia Murder is set to be called Everblack. The CD is tentatively due out June 6th via Metal Blade Records.
    The album will be out June 11th.

01. In Hell Is Where She Waits For Me
    02. Goat Of Departure
    03. Into The Everblack
    04. Raped In Hatred By Vines Of Thorn
    05. Phantom Limb Masturbation
    06. Control
    07. Blood Mine
    08. Every Rope a Noose
    09. Their Beloved Absentee
    10. Map Of Scars
    I'm on Twitter

From Blabbermouth.net:

"BLACKMORE'S NIGHT, the renaissance-inspired rock band formed by Ritchie Blackmore and his wife Candice Night, will release a new album, "Dancer And The Moon", on June 11 in North America on Frontiers Records. "Dancer And The Moon" will be released in two editions — as a CD and a digipak deluxe edition with a bonus DVD that includes music videos of "Dancer And The Moon" and of "The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)", plus an extensive interview with Ritchie Blackmore and Candice Night.

Anticipated by the digital release of the first single "The Moon is Shining (Somewhere Over the Sea)" on May 6, "Dancer And The Moon" is the band's eighth original studio album, with each disc topping the European and American Billboard's New Age charts.

Each album that BLACKMORE'S NIGHT has released has been awarded Best Vocal Album or Album of the year for their respective charts on NPR and college radio. BLACKMORE'S NIGHT performed on PBS, had specials on CNN and the History Channel. The group has songs on the soundtrack of Germany's "The Magical Story Of The Rings: Die Nibelunger The Ring Of The Nibelungs" and the theme song "All For One" for Japan's popular TV show "Third Watch". Their song "Olde Mill Inn" is featured in Jim Carrey's movie "Yes Man".

Night and Blackmore began working together first in Ritchie's previous group RAINBOW, when Candice co-wrote a number of songs, most notably "Ariel" and "Black Masquerade" for RAINBOW's 1996 album, "Stranger In Us All". The following year, the two formed BLACKMORE'S NIGHT, and after seven studio albums, two live DVD/CDs and one holiday release, the group's latest album, "Dancer And The Moon" follows the band's eclectic/jam/folk rock/new age/neo-Celtic/neo-Medieval/progressive rock/chamber pop/world beat styling. Take your pick from the songwriting team of Candice and Ritchie: the acoustic "Somewhere Over the Sea (The Moon Is Shining)", the rocking track "The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)", which you can dance to, along with the title track "Dancer and the Moon", the nature-inspired "The Last Leaf" and the Russian-influenced "Troika".

BLACKMORE'S NIGHT own their versions of classic rock chestnuts: RANDY NEWMAN's "I Think It's Going to Rain Today", URIAH HEEP's "Lady In Black", and "The Temple Of The King" that Ritchie and the late Ronnie James Dio collaborated on originally for their band RAINBOW.

"Dancer And The Moon" is made complete with its inspiring instrumentals, including the waltzy "Galliard" and the DEEP PURPLE-esque "Carry On… Jon" that Ritchie wrote as a heartfelt tribute to his former bandmate, the late Jon Lord.

"Dancer And The Moon" is a distinctive album, that is both melodic, rhythmic, and full of classic influences led by the dynamic and signature alto vocals of Candice Night and the phenomenal fret work of Ritchie Blackmore.

"Dancer And The Moon" continues to establish the band that has been growing its following steadily in the jam, pagan/wiccan scene, new age, folk and progressive worlds, as well as the classic rock community.

"So much has happened since our 2008 marriage (and the 2010's release of the duo's 'Autumn Sky' album)," says Candice, as she and Ritchie have been musical and emotional partners since 1989. In 2010 daughter Autumn Esmeralda was born, and then in 2012, their son, Rory.

Candice says: "We find that the 'Dancer And The Moon' is visually and emotionally representative of how we feel about our music. We have always had a very strong pull to the mystery of the Moon. Her magic, her power, her legend... She affects us so deeply that we have named many CDs after her and she is almost always represented in our songs. The dancer gives herself completely, unabashedly and whole heartedly moved by the intensity of the music she feels within her soul."

"Dancer And The Moon" track listing:

01. I Think It's Going To Rain Today
    02. Troika
    03. The Last Leaf
    04. Lady In Black
    05. Minstrels In The Hall
    06. The Temple Of The King
    07. Dancer And The Moon
    08. Galliard
    09. The Ashgrove
    10. Somewhere Over The Sea (The Moon Is Shining)
    11. The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)
    12. The Spinner's Tale
    13. Carry On... Jon
    I'm on Twitter

The new Megadeth CD Super Collider will be out June 4th via Dave Mustaine's new label Tradecraft with distribution via UMe.

I'm on Twitter