Page 89 of 129 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1923
    Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    We have the Accept album in common. If I was able to buy them I'd check out Mollo/Martin and Primal Fear.
    I know what you mean. I used to buy 100's of CD's/year. Now, my finances nor space available can't keep up with that pace. This years list contains all the 2012 releases I purchased. All I had to do is rank them. About half a dozen more I bought were re-issues and few CD's I didn't buy from the past couple of years.

Accept did came out strong with Stalingrad, no surprise there. The only 2 Albums I haven't listened to from your list are Overkill and Leather. I should check them out, especially the later, since I loved her Chastain connection projects.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    I know what you mean. I used to buy 100's of CD's/year. Now, my finances nor space available can't keep up with that pace. This years list contains all the 2012 releases I purchased. All I had to do is rank them. About half a dozen more I bought were re-issues and few CD's I didn't buy from the past couple of years.

Accept did came out strong with Stalingrad, no surprise there. The only 2 Albums I haven't listened to from your list are Overkill and Leather. I should check them out, especially the later, since I loved her Chastain connection projects.
    It wasn't a major release, I bought it through the band themselves and I don't think there is going to be a second album. They tried to do a Kickstarter to raise funds and didn't meet the goal.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's the track listing for the new Buckcherry CD Confessions:

01. Gluttony
    02. Wrath
    03. Nothing Left But Tears
    04. The Truth
    05. Greed
    06. Water
    07. Seven Ways To Die
    08. Air
    09. Sloth
    10. Pride
    11. Envy
    12. Lust
    13. Dreamin' Of You

The new Stone Sour CD House of Gold & Bones - Part 2 will be out in April.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's an interview with Glenn Hughes.
    Knowing absolutely nothing of the original arrangement, it's not surprising to see this happen with Bonamassa. He's a blues guitarist first and foremost and blues guitarists are usually off and running around doing all kinds of projects and solo stuff. He's supposed to make another album with Beth Hart sometime in the near future plus he's doing some tour dates in Europe with her. By the way, thanks for that recommendation, Deathstroke, on the Hart/Bonamassa collaboration. Killer album and I have already turned a few others onto it.

Did you see Beth Hart on the Kennedy Awards show with Jeff Beck? Not sure how an awesome voice like that has escaped my ears for this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    Knowing absolutely nothing of the original arrangement, it's not surprising to see this happen with Bonamassa. He's a blues guitarist first and foremost and blues guitarists are usually off and running around doing all kinds of projects and solo stuff. He's supposed to make another album with Beth Hart sometime in the near future plus he's doing some tour dates in Europe with her. By the way, thanks for that recommendation, Deathstroke, on the Hart/Bonamassa collaboration. Killer album and I have already turned a few others onto it.

Did you see Beth Hart on the Kennedy Awards show with Jeff Beck? Not sure how an awesome voice like that has escaped my ears for this long.
    I had heard about the new Bonamassa / Hart album coming. Glad I could help with getting you into her music. Sadly I didn't see her on The Kennedy Center Honors. I didn't know she was going to be on it. It isn't a show I would normally watch.
    I'm on Twitter

I had heard about the new Bonamassa / Hart album coming. Glad I could help with getting you into her music. Sadly I didn't see her on The Kennedy Center Honors. I didn't know she was going to be on it. It isn't a show I would normally watch.
    Me neither but that's the beauty of a DVR. I only recorded it because I heard of the Led Zeppelin honor and wanted to see if they were actually going to perform (which they did not). And then I heard one honor was going to Buddy Guy and I figured it was worth watching the good parts at least. Beth belted it.

Stairway To Heaven is one of my least favorite Zep songs but Heart performed it with Jason Bonham and a vocal choir and it was fairly spectacular. Brought tears to Plant's eyes.

The new Bullet For My Valentine CD Temper Temper is due out February 11th on Sony Music.

Here's the track listing:

01. Breaking Point
    02. Truth Hurts
    03. Temper Temper
    04. Pow
    05. Dirty Little Secret
    06. Leech
    07. Dead To The World
    08. Riot
    09. Saints n Sinners
    10. Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)
    11. Livin Life (On The Edge of A Knife)

Deluxe-edition bonus tracks:

12. Not Invincible
    13. Whole Lotta Rosie (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio 1)
    14. Scream Aim Fire (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio)

Check out the song "Riot" below:

Here's the cover art:

I'm on Twitter

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here's the track listing for the new Buckcherry CD Confessions:

01. Gluttony
    02. Wrath
    03. Nothing Left But Tears
    04. The Truth
    05. Greed
    06. Water
    07. Seven Ways To Die
    08. Air
    09. Sloth
    10. Pride
    11. Envy
    12. Lust
    13. Dreamin' Of You
    Here is the song Gluttony off the album.

"Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Bleeding Through has announced they will disband following a final tour.

Drummer Brian Tichy has left Whitesnake:

"Renowned drummer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Tichy, known for his tours of duty with BILLY IDOL, FOREIGNER and OZZY OSBOURNE, has announced his departure from WHITESNAKE in order to focus on SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING (S.U.N.), the band he started with Sass Jordan, a Canadian icon and Juno Award winner. Bassist and singer Michael Devin, also a participant in S.U.N., will remain with WHITESNAKE.

Said WHITESNAKE mainman David Coverdale: "We are truly sad to see [Brian] go, but, we fully support the pursuit of his ambitions and sincerely wish him well. His fearless drumming brought a relentless driving edge and to our music that we fully embraced. Good luck, Brian. May the S.U.N. shine brightly on you!!"

WHITESNAKE has begun the search for a new drummer. There are several musicians already being considered.

A spokesman for the band said that this will not affect the forthcoming tour dates for 2013."

Guitarist Rob Caggiano has left Anthrax:

"After a long and successful run as guitarist for the legendary thrash metal act ANTHRAX, Rob Caggiano has decided that it's time to move on and focus on his other passion: producing records for the time being. Already an acclaimed rock and metal producer, Rob has amassed a long list of production credits working with acts such as CRADLE OF FILTH (on their Grammy-nominated classic "Nymphetamine"), THE DAMNED THINGS, and Jesse Malin to name a few. Rob's production work on the most recent ANTHRAX studio album, "Worship Music", received high recognition, as the track "I'm Alive" received a Grammy nomination for "Best Rock/Metal Performance".

Being a member of the mighty ANTHRAX for the better part of the last 12 years is something that Caggiano is of course very proud of. This was not an easy decision to make.

"I'm extremely proud of my time in ANTHRAX," Caggiano says. "Actually, that's an understatement! We accomplished so many great things together over the years and I shared some of the best times of my life with these guys. As a band, we also weathered quite a few storms along the way. It's been a wild ride (to say the least) from Day One and I wouldn't change one single thing about the last 12 years.

"This is an extremely difficult and emotional decision for me to make, but my heart is just steering me in a different direction right now. I've always been one to follow my heart in everything that I do and while this might be one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, it feels like the right one for me at this time. Scott [Ian, guitar], Charlie [Benante, drums], Joey [Belladonna, vocals], Frankie [Bello, bass] (and [former ANTHTRAX singer] John Bush) will always be part of my family and this decision doesn't change the way I feel about that in the slightest. I would also like to say thanks to all the amazing fans I've met and hung out with worldwide over the years. You guys always were and always will be the reason why I make music!

"In this day and age, being a musician isn't always easy — also an understatement — but the fans truly make it worthwhile for me. I hope to see each and every one of you again really soon. The fact that ANTHRAX is at the top of their game right now and totally 'out for blood' after all these years is a testament to this band's longevity and conviction! I'm truly honored to have been a part of their brilliant legacy."

Added the remaining members of ANTHRAX: "Rob has been an integral part of ANTHRAX for so many years, as our lead guitarist, in a production capacity, but most of all, as our close friend. His contributions to the band have been enormous. While we are sad that he is leaving, we wish him nothing but great success going forward, and hope to share the stage with him again sometime down the road.

"With the Metal Alliance Tour on the horizon, we have been considering several lead guitarist options, and will be making an announcement on that shortly."

The new Saxon CD Sacrifice is due out February 26th via UDR.
    I'm on Twitter

Bang Tango drummer Trent Anderson has left the band and been replaced by ex-Little Creatures drummer Timmy Russell.
    I'm on Twitter

Holy crap, a new Wednesday 13 soon?! That just made my day.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

A teaser for legendary band DEEP PURPLE's new album, to be released on april 26th, 2013, has been made available.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/m6l0fRxB7I8

Source

EDIT: From the article:

Quote Originally Posted by Blabbermouth.net
    earMUSIC will reveal details about the new DEEP PURPLE album in real time as soon as they will become available on a dedicated web site where all band members will also be able to post and interact with the fans: www.deeppurple2013.com.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 01-08-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

The new CD from The Black Dahlia Murder is set to be called Everblack. The CD is tentatively due out June 6th via Metal Blade Records.
    I'm on Twitter

UK melodic metal outfit Power Quest will be calling time on their 12 year existence in 2013. Keyboardist and founder member Steve Williams commented on the news as follows.

"I've decided that now is the time to say that the Quest is over. From a business perspective it is getting harder and harder for us to break even. None of us make any money from PQ (we all work day jobs) but I have been losing significant amounts of money when on the road for the past few years. No matter how much you love something, there comes a point where you have to look at the facts, not the dream. I love nothing more than touring and making records but if there isn't sufficient demand for the product then there comes a time when reality has to bite unfortunately.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me and PQ over the past 12 years....it is very much appreciated and it is what has kept me going through the years. It's been a great ride and I've had the pleasure of having some great musicians in this band who I am proud to call my friends. Steve, Alessio, Andrea, Francesco, Rich, Paul, Andy, Gav, Colin, Chitty, Adam, Andre, Bill, Oliver, Gav Ward, ZP, Sam Totman, Pete and Ben......you guys have played such a huge role in making PQ what it has become and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

My dream as a youngster was to make one album. It was not about being a rock star or making lots of money, although that would have been nice It always has and always will be about the music first and foremost, so to have released 5 albums is way beyond anything I could have dreamt of to be honest.

Huge thanks to those who have done so much behind the scenes over the years as well, without whom it would have been immensely difficult for me. Step forward Manuela Froehlich, Anna Walker, Simon Burrell and Sprocket.

But it is you, the fans, who have joined the Quest and supported the band through all the ups and downs over the years that I save my final words of thanks for. You guys have been inspirational to me! I've always said that PQ fans are the best in the world.....and that is as true today as it has ever been. I hope you will understand my reasons for this decision and I hope to see as many of you as possible in the months and years to come.

We will be looking to do a couple of farewell shows in 2013 and hopefully make them a fitting way for us to take our leave. It's never an easy thing to know when the time is right to move on to pastures new, but I believe that time is now.
    Through the wind and the rain we'll meet again......." ~ Steve.
    I'm on Twitter

Drummer Sebastian Natas has left Magica.
    I'm on Twitter