Page 88 of 129 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1930
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I remember you saying you didn't care for them. But it looks like you've enjoyed their last couple of CDs.
    The last three Overkill CDs (ReliXIV, Immortalis and The Electric Age) I've loved.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    No In This Moment?! sad....
    No, it is me displaying taste. I heard some of the tracks on that CD. Absolute claptrap not worthy to line the bottom of a musical birdcage. It is embarrassingly awful screeching that would make you think the singer had their balls in a vise if you didn't know she was a woman.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Clutch CD Earth Rocker is due out on the band's own Weathermaker Music label in March.
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    No, it is me displaying taste. I heard some of the tracks on that CD. Absolute claptrap not worthy to line the bottom of a musical birdcage. It is embarrassingly awful screeching that would make you think the singer had their balls in a vise if you didn't know she was a woman.
    Ah well..no accounting for taste.

Here's an interview with Glenn Hughes.
    I'm on Twitter

The new HIM CD will be called Tears on Tape. It is due out in the spring of 2013.

Michael Sweet (Stryper) will tour with T&N as their lead vocalist.

SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING recently inked a deal with Robo Records (a division of Waterfront Ent. Group), which released the band's self-titled debut album digitally on November 20. On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 the CD will be made available physically, with distribution through Fontana.

Previously working together is what brought Jordan and Tichy together in collaboration of the new music. "I had played drums on Sass's 'Rats' record," explains Tichy. "I knew she was one of the best rock singers going. So after many years, we reconnected and tried a bit of writing together." Both felt that in order to write the best, trend-free music they could, they needed to get away. They chose the mountains of Canyon Country and in an old, deserted shack S.U.N. was born. "We didn't realize where we going when we started out," says Jordan. "As we continued the songwriting path from 'Burned' to 'Mobile Again' to 'Nomad' and on ... The whole thing started to take shape in the form of a '70s odyssey, a time travel trajectory."

Completing the band that drives this music home is Michael Devin (WHITESNAKE, JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEPPELIN EXPERIENCE, KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD) on bass and Tommy Stewart (GODSMACK, LO PRO, EVERCLEAR, FUEL) on drums.

You can check out the band at http://www.somethinguntonothing.com

Here's the video of the song "I'm The One".
    I'm on Twitter

Merry Christmas, Metal Heads!

Free your soul and let it fly....

The new Visions of Atlantis CD Ethera is due out in early 2013 via Napalm Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    Mattias "IA" Eklundh (Freak Kitchen) has finished his new album:
    Freak Guitar – The Smorgasbord!
    It's due for release later this year.

From Mattias' site:
    "Hot, delicious news! Prepare to devour! Steve Vai and Favored Nations will my release my audio feast Freak Guitar - The Smorgasbord worldwide March 5th! An intense buffet with no fewer than 40 tracks, served in double disc packaging (with close to two hours worth of nutritious music!) Freak Guitar - The Smorgasbord also features a number of prominent, tasty guests: Dweezil Zappa, Fredrik Thordendal, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Andy Timmons, Georg “Jojje“ Wadenius, Guthrie Govan, Morgan Ågren, Ranjit Barot, Kiko Loureiro, Jonas Hellborg, Selvaganesh Vinayakram and many more.

The Menu:

Disc 1

1. Amphibians Night Out
    2. Musth
    3. Mattias - The Beautiful Guy
    4. Hells Bells
    5. The Smorgasbord
    6. Friedrichs Wahnbriefe
    7. Sexually Frustrated Fruit Fly Flamenco
    8. Daily Grind Disco March
    9. Lease With an Option to Buy
    10. The Swede and the Wolf
    11. Mambo Italiano
    12. Mind Your Step (at Schiphol Airport)
    13. Crossing the Rubicon
    14. That's Amore
    15. Keep It in the Dojo
    16. Infrared Jed
    17. Peter, I Won't Drive Another Meter
    18. Larvatus Prodeo
    19. Blaha Blaha
    20. Lullaby for Gabriel

Disc 2

1. In the Goo of the Evening
    2. The Dogs of Delhi
    3. Special Agent Bauer
    4. Mahavishnu John
    5. The Harry Lime Theme
    6. Dark Matter
    7. Trumpet Lesson
    8. Mandur and Morgan's Camel Safari
    9. Shore Thing
    10. Captain Smith's Moment of Truth
    11. Mah Ná Mah Ná
    12. The Nigerian Gynecologist
    13. 6 Rue Cordot
    14. Kali Ghat
    15. Safe to Remove Hardware
    16. Did You Actually Pay for That?
    17. Those in Badiyah
    18. The Essence of Emptiness
    19. Meralgia Paresthetica
    20. Guano Afternoon"

The new Wednesday 13 CD The Dixie Dead is due out February/March 2013.
    The album is due out on February 18 in The UK and on February 19 in North America.

"The Dixie Dead" limited-edition packing with expanded artwork is available only in the U.S. or througn a U.S. source for initial orders. Retail limited edition will have a pullout poster and expanded artwork, which comes in DVD packaging. The version ordered during the web site pre-orders comes with the above and an exclusive patch and an exclusive sticker.

The track listing:

01. Death Arise (intro)
    02. Bloodsucker
    03. Get Your Grave On
    04. Curse The Living
    05. Too Fast For Blood
    06. Hail Ming
    07. Coming Attractions
    08. The Dixie Dead
    09. Ghost Stories
    10. Fuck You (In Memory Of...)
    11. Carol Anne... They're Here
    12. Hands Of The Ripper
    13. Death Arise (overture)
    I'm on Twitter

Lordi’s new members are Mana (replacing the former drummer Otus who died earlier this year) and keyboardist Hella will replace the long-time member Awa.
    Their new Album "To Beast Or Not To Beast" will be released on March 8th 2013 by Sony in Finland and AFM Records for rest of the Europe.

About six weeks late, but Grand Supreme Blood Court's debut, Bow Down to the Blood Court came out in late November. If you love Hail of Bullets and Asphyx like I do, well, this is a killer culmination of both bands. Lyrically, it's an eye for an eye take at justice systems. Bought this instantly tonight.

Still streaming at Decibel's mag's site with some fun commentary. And for once I agree with Decibel: anything with Martin Van Drunen's vocals is an instant must buy. I know it'll be killer old school death and doomy metal. Still kills me that he never properly recorded with Bolt Thrower, but Hail of Bullets, GSBC and an Asphyx reunion all emerged out of that so...it's all great.

Besides, what's not to love about 40 something death metallers creating heavier and more memorable stuff than most young bands and many of their still-existing contemporaries?

Brilliant album which makes me want a follow up immediately.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

You can check out my list of the Top 10 CDs of 2012 via this link.
    and HERE is mine.

Freedoms Reign will release their self-titled 2nd album later this year. The band led by Victor Arduini, original guitarist and founding member of FATES WARNING (having played on 1984's "Night On Brocken" and 1985's "The Spectre Within").

The group, which features Arduini on lead vocals and guitar, Tom Vumback on guitar, Mike Jones on bass and Chris Judge on drums, recorded the new album at Dexters Lab Recording in Milford, Connecticut with Nick Belmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST).

According to a press release, "Shadows Of Doubt" represents "a passionate and frenetic display of power metal at its best."

States Arduini: "FREEDOMS REIGN is right where I want to pick up from where I left off. This music feels as great to play as it did when we recorded 'Spectre'. It still means something to do this, and I don't think I've ever been a part of anything better."

FREEDOMS REIGN's musical direction is described as "very powerful [with] heavy riffs which hark back to the old FATES" material.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 04-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    and HERE is mine.
    We have the Accept album in common. If I was able to buy them I'd check out Mollo/Martin and Primal Fear.
    I'm on Twitter