Page 87 of 129 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1929
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

The new Circle II Circle CD Seasons Will Fall is due out January 25th via earMUSIC.

01. Diamond Blade
    02. Without A Sound
    03. Killing Death
    04. Epiphany
    05. End Of Emotion
    06. Dreams That Never Die
    07. Seasons Will Fall
    08. Never Gonna Stop
    09. Isolation
    10. Sweet Despair
    11. Downshot
    12. Only Yesterday

Frontiers Records will release W.E.T.'s new studio album, "Rise Up", on February 22 in Europe and February 26 in North America.

W.E.T.'s 2009 debut CD was one of the rare occasions when a band, created by the vision of a record label president, managed to generate a wave of enthusiasm and interest from fans and the media alike. Not only did it go beyond the band's own expectations, but it pushed the musicians themselves to raise their own game, when in the beginning they thought no one would care except maybe the die-hard fans from the three bands the name W.E.T. came from.

The key element to the success of W.E.T. was to create a modern melodic hard rock sound and drive it into the future with powerhouse rhythm and production, making it an equally classic and contemporary release.

Robert Säll (the "W" from WORK OF ART), Erik Mårtensson (the "E" from ECLIPSE) and Jeff Scott Soto (the "T" from TALISMAN), along with returning ECLIPSE members Magnus Henriksson and Robban Bäck, accepted the daunting task to create a follow-up that could live up to the expectation of thousands of fans across the globe.

The album's release will be anticipated by the release of the single, "Learn To Live Again", on December 17 — an unbelievably radio-friendly song, which features for the first time a vocal duet between Mårtensson and Soto.

"Rise Up" presents again a massive production and equally impressive songwriting, which updates the term "classic rock" into the new century.

"The songs were written between December 2011 to February 2012 and were recorded between March through May. We then wrote/added three more songs in September, recorded them in October and the whole album was finally mixed and mastered," says Erik Mårtensson. "To me, this album sounds more like a 'band' verses the first album", adds Jeff Scott Soto. "The first album was great as it had a lot of great songs, but this one has great songs and a band personality, which shows growth as far as I'm concerned."

Hook after hook, "Rise Up" is another one of these albums where you can enjoy the dynamics of a brilliant partnership bringing out a unique result. Melodic bullet rockers are followed by haunting ballads and fabulous arena rockers in an album that will leave listeners in awe from start to finish.

"We took what we all loved about the first album and built the songwriting and sound from that," says Mårtensson. "We wanted to give the band more of an identity and tried to find 'our' own sound. I really think we achieved it with this album. Heavier and darker than the first album which we all in the band love. It's melodic rock for a new century!" Soto adds: "Strangely, my faves are the more uptempo songs and ballads on this album, W.E.T. do great AOR stuff naturally but to have more strength on some tracks and then get emotionally charged in others made those songs the more interesting for me."

W.E.T. plans to launch the new album through a special live show in Stockholm at the Debaser Club on January 17, 2013. The band so far has made only one live appearance at the annual Firefest event in the U.K. in October 2011, but in this new and special concert appearance, they will be showcasing for the first time new songs as well as digging some tracks from the now classic debut, plus some cool surprises.

"Rise Up" track listing:

01. Walk Away
    02. Learn to Live Again
    03. Rise Up
    04. Love Heals
    05. What You Want
    06. The Moment
    07. Bad Boy
    08. On The Run
    09. Broken Wings
    10. Shot
    11. Still Believe In Us
    12. Still Unbroken

W.E.T. is:

Jeff Scott Soto: Lead Vocals
    Erik Mårtensson: Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
    Robert Säll: Keyboards, Guitar
    Robban Bäck: Drums
    Magnus Henriksson: Guitar

I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Megadeth has split with Roadrunner Records.

Guitarist Stacey Blade has left L.A. Guns.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm wondering exactly what the hell this statement really means:

"Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover has left the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band. He says in a statement: "I am really sorry to say that I have decided to bow out of Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE. I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it's in my best interest not to do this right now. I feel really bad for those who were excited about the idea, and to Geoff himself, who, I have to say, was very nice to me on my past trip to Seattle. I, of course, am very disappointed for arriving at this point, and making this decision, to say the least. I sincerely wish the Geoff and the band all the luck on what they do in the future."
    If I had to guess I'd say he wants no part of any pending legal sh*t-storm that may be coming.

Rhapsody of Fire has signed a worldwide deal with AFM Records.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Body Count CD Manslaughter is due out sometime next year via Sumerian Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Guitarist Stacey Blade has left L.A. Guns.[/QUOTE]

Theres a line-up change every week with that band lol

The new Krokus CD Dirty Dynamite is due out February 22nd in Europe via Sony Music and in North America on March 5th.

01. Hallelujah Rock'n'Roll
    02. Go Baby Go
    03. Rattlesnake Rumble
    04. Dirty Dynamite
    05. Let The Good Times Roll
    06. Help
    07. Better Than Sex
    08. Dög Song
    09. Yellow Mary
    10. Bailout Blues
    11. Live Ma Life
    12. Hardrocking Man

Last edited by Deathstroke; 12-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    I'm on Twitter

You can check out my list of the Top 10 CDs of 2012 via this link.
    I'm on Twitter

Overkill made your list? Is there still a "shocked" smiley?
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Overkill made your list? Is there still a "shocked" smiley?
    Why's that?
    I'm on Twitter

No In This Moment?! sad....

The new Bullet For My Valentine CD Temper Temper is due out February 11th on Sony Music.
    Here's the track listing:

01. Breaking Point
    02. Truth Hurts
    03. Temper Temper
    04. Pow
    05. Dirty Little Secret
    06. Leech
    07. Dead To The World
    08. Riot
    09. Saints n Sinners
    10. Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)
    11. Livin Life (On The Edge of A Knife)

Deluxe-edition bonus tracks:

12. Not Invincible
    13. Whole Lotta Rosie (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio 1)
    14. Scream Aim Fire (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio)

Check out the song "Riot" below:

I'm on Twitter

Bassist Victor Cito Borge has quit the Norwegian/British hard rock band TNT in order to pursue another project.

In a statement, Borge said: "After seven and a half years as a bass player in TNT, I have decided to accept another offer from [January 1]. My best wishes and good luck to the boys in the band and crew for the future! And not least, thanks to all of you who have been so incredibly positive and great support for me during my time in TNT!"

One Man Army and the Undead Quartet have split up.

The new Lordi CD will be called To Beast or Not To Beast. It is due out March 8th worldwide (except Finland and the US) via AFM Records.
    I'm on Twitter

Why's that?

I remember you saying you didn't care for them. But it looks like you've enjoyed their last couple of CDs.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

L.A. Guns has hired Frankie Wilsey as their new guitarist. He replaces the departed Stacey Blades.

The final album from Cathedral, The Last Spire is due out in April via Rise Above Records.

01. Entrance To Hell
    02. Pallbearer
    03. Cathedral Of The Damned
    04. Tower Of Silence
    05. Infestation Of Grey Death
    06. An Observation
    07. This Body, Thy Tomb
    I'm on Twitter