Page 85 of 129 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1930
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Here's an interview with Meatloaf.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The album, due out December 5th.

Here's the track listing and artwork:

01. Spellbound
    02. High Compression Figure
    03. Let's Sleeping Dog Lie
    04. Repent
    05. Majestic 12 Suite 1,2 & 3
    06. Electric Duet
    07. Nasca Lines
    08. Poisoned Mind
    09. God Of War
    10. Iron Blues
    11. Turbo Amadeus
    12. From A Thousand Cuts
    13. Requiem For The Lost

And apparently, Yngwie will be handling lead vocals as well.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And apparently, Yngwie will be handling lead vocals as well.

Crank the auto-tune to 11 on that one.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

"Lifer", the long-awaited third album from MELDRUM, the multinational hard rock/metal band formed by late ex-PHANTOM BLUE guitarist Michelle Meldrum, will be released on November 20 via Reversed Records. The CD was produced by Rob Shallcross (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, GWAR, ZIMMERS HOLE, WEST OF HELL) and Gene Hoglan (TESTAMENT, DEATH, DARK ANGEL, DETHKLOK). The album will come as a digipak that includes an eight-page insert and CD. Fans who place their order between now and the release date will receive a free download of MELDRUM's latest single, "Paid".

Michelle Meldrum died in May 2008 as a result of a cystic growth that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain, rendering her braindead. Since she passed away before any of her guitar tracks for "Lifer" were laid down, Laura Christine played the majority of the rhythm and bass guitars, as well as all the leads, on the album as a tribute to Michelle and her vision.

"Lifer" stands as a proud tribute to Michelle, who wrote the material for the CD with Hoglan, along with Laura Christine (bass) and Michele Madden (vocals).

"Lifer" is sonically different in direction than anything previously released by the band. With new life, and new talent, this album has carried the talents these four have to a higher level.

Hoglan previously stated about the CD: "Let me say this: Never have I obsessed over the recording of any album I've been involved in as I have with MELDRUM's latest. The tragic circumstances that took Michelle from us also provided us with a laser-sharp focus to record the most amazing album we could. Michele Madden, Laura Christine, and hell, even Chicken, our engineer, put forth performances of a lifetime, with each member's full love and respect going into every nuance of every song. Not only to honor Michelle, but to also lay down some bad-ass music, which was ultimately what she stood for… what MELDRUM stands for. I think the songs speak for themselves, and I, for one, have never been prouder to be a part of a family, let alone a project such as this. Metal with balls. Crank it up, indeed."

Michelle Meldrum was born on September 28, 1968 in Detroit, Michigan to a family of musicians and actors, and moved to Los Angeles, California at the age of 13. She started her career in music by forming the thrash metal band WARGOD with drummer Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD), then moved on to become both co-founder and lead guitarist in PHANTOM BLUE. PHANTOM BLUE released its self-titled debut album on Shrapnel Records in the U.S. (Roadrunner in Europe and Japan) and eventually landed a major label deal with Geffen.

While her career flourished, Michelle married EUROPE guitarist John Norum and moved to Sweden to form MELDRUM. After many successful tours with such acts as MOTÖRHEAD and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, she reunited with Gene in 2006 when he appeared as a guest on MELDRUM album and events. Inspired to once again collaborate, Michelle moved back to America where she and Gene began writing the third MELDRUM album together.

Partial proceeds from "Lifer" will go to Michelle's son Jake Thomas (father is John Norum), whom she left behind when she passed.

You can check out the song "A Toast To Romance" HERE!

I'm on Twitter

Here's an interview with Jason Bonham.
    I'm on Twitter

Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Crank the auto-tune to 11 on that one.
    I know he sung his demo tracks for sure, and if I'm not mistaking did few times on his previous records as well, but does that mean he fired everyone else from the "Yngwie GEE. Malmsteen" Band?

Looking at the song titles (and I think they are promising) can't help but wonder who else is going to be on "Electric Duet".
    It's been a long time since I've heard a good guitar trade-off.

"Turbo Amadeus" sounds Balkan trend-ish???

The new Saxon CD Sacrifice is due out in February 2013 via UDR.

01. Procession
    02. Sacrifice
    03. Made In Belfast
    04. Warriors Of The Road
    05. Guardians Of The Tomb
    06. Stand Up And Fight
    07. Walking The Steel
    08. Night Of The Wolf
    09. Wheels Of Terror
    10. Standing In A Queue

Bonus track:

* Luck Of The Draw (on iTunes only)

01. Crusader (orchestrated version)
    02. Just Let Me Rock (re-recorded version)
    03. Requiem (acoustic version)
    04. Frozen Rainbow (acoustic version)
    05. Forever Free (re-recorded version)
    I'm on Twitter

Ex-W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes will release the album Nothing To Lose under the CHP moniker in early 2013.
    I'm on Twitter

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So the band is promoting a new album for 2013. The only question is ...why try and promote it on the strength of what Tate wrote mostly ? Why not do a whole new approach and just play bits and pieces of the new stuff and claim its a new era.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

My review of the Tate CD is now up in the CD review thread here on the Music Forum.
    I'm on Twitter

Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It doesn't give us very much for a taste, but actually I liked what I've heard.

Here's the artwork for the new Helloween CD Straight Out of Hell.

I'm on Twitter

The new Sevendust CD Black Out The Sun is tentatively due out in April 2013.

The new Anger as Art CD Hubris Inc. is due out February 5th via Old School Metal Records.

01. Hubris Inc.
    02. Time Devours Life
    03. Gods Of Hate
    04. Anger Is The Reason
    05. Speed Kills
    06. This Is Why I Hate
    07. As The Exalted Seethe
    08. Pearls Before The Swine
    09. Divided We Fall
    10. Head Of The Snake
    11. The Evil You Create
    12. Pieces Of Red
    13. Rage And Retribution
    14. Never Forgive Never Forget

I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Artycool8or View Post
    It doesn't give us very much for a taste, but actually I liked what I've heard.

Seconded. That was actually pretty good. Granted it was also a minute-and-a-half.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I'm wondering exactly what the hell this statement really means:

"Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover has left the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band. He says in a statement: "I am really sorry to say that I have decided to bow out of Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE. I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it's in my best interest not to do this right now. I feel really bad for those who were excited about the idea, and to Geoff himself, who, I have to say, was very nice to me on my past trip to Seattle. I, of course, am very disappointed for arriving at this point, and making this decision, to say the least. I sincerely wish the Geoff and the band all the luck on what they do in the future."
    I'm on Twitter