Page 84 of 129 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1930
    All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Agreed. I'm guessing a fan art contest gone wrong, in which the worst art wins.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Tesla singer Jeff Keith will have a country music EP called Jeff Keith and Country Music Friends out on November 9th.

01. Same Ol' Cowboy
    02. Life Is Just A Roller Coaster Ride
    03. I Can't Let Go
    04. Life On The Road
    05. Oklahoma Bound
    06. Oh Hell
    07. CMF Interviews
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm really looking forward to the new StoneSour release

The new Bullet For My Valentine CD Temper Temper is due out February 11th on Sony Music.

The new Buckcherry album Confessions is due out in the US in early 2013 via Century Media. Eleven Seven Music will release the album in other parts of the world.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Inakustik has set a December 3 release date for Michael Schenker's "Temple Of Rock: Live In Europe" that will be made available on CD, DVD, Blu-ray and as a limited deluxe edition containing all three formats. This essential live rock'n'roll release includes songs performed live in Tilburg, The Netherlands in May 2012, and at London's High Voltage festival in 2011.

Schenker sees his music as a building block in the construction of the Temple Of Rock. "The Temple is almost finished," explains Michael. "The foundation was laid in the '60s by LED ZEPPELIN, DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH. The walls were then built by UFO and others in the '70s. By the '80s, it was further reinforced by the likes of the SCORPIONS, and many more influential rock bands."

The Tilburg gig, recorded May 2012, features Schenker (lead guitar), Doogie White (vocals; RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TANK), Herman Rarebell (drums), Francis Buchholz (bass) and Wayne Findley (rhythm guitar, keyboards). London's 2011 High Voltage festival features Michael Voss (vocals), Rudolf Schenker (SCORPIONS), who plays rhythm guitar on "Rock You Like a Hurricane", "Hanging On" and "Doctor Doctor", UFO's Pete Way, who plays bass guitar on "Doctor Doctor", and vocalists Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and Doogie White, who both sing on "Doctor Doctor".

"Live In Tilburg" track listing:

01. Into The Arena
    02. Armed And Ready
    03. Lovedrive
    04. Another Piece Of Meat
    05. Hanging On
    06. Cry For The Nations
    07. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
    08. Coast To Coast
    09. Assault Attack
    10. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
    11. Lights Out
    12. On And On
    13. Let It Roll
    14. Shoot Shoot
    15. Rock You Like A Hurricane
    16. Rock Bottom
    17. Holiday
    18. Blackout
    19. Doctor Doctor

"Live At High Voltage" track listing:

01. Armed And Ready
    02. Another Piece Of Meat
    03. Rock You Like A Hurricane (ft. Rudolph Schenker)
    04. Hanging On (ft. Rudolph Schenker)
    05. Doctor Doctor (ft. Rudolph Schenker)

Formats and special features:

CD Edition - 2 Disc

* Recording from 2012's Tilburg, Netherlands concert
    * Recording (extracts) from London's 2011
    * High Voltage Festival

DVD Edition - 1 Disc

* High Voltage Festival
    * Bonus-Footage‚ Before The Show (Tilburg)
    * Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1, dts, Stereo

Blu-ray Edition - 1 Disc

* High Voltage Festival
    * Bonus-Footage‚ Before The Show (Tilburg)
    * Bonus-Footage‚ Sound check (Tilburg)
    * Audio: DTS HD Master, Stereo

Limited Deluxe Edition - 4 Discs

* Includes 2 CDs, 1 Blu-ray, 1 Bonus DVD.
    Bonus DVD includes the following content:
    - Brighton Rehearsal
    - Doogie's Video Impressions
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

The new Helloween CD Straight Out of Hell is due January 18th.
    January 18th is the European release date, while the North American release date is January 23rd.

HELLOWEEN recently completed work on the video for the CD's first single. The six-minute opus "Nabataea" develops on several levels, including 3-D animation at motion picture level. The legendary kingdom Nabataea provides the atmospherically dense reference for the strong first release from HELLOWEEN's new album.

Do we really have to worry? Is our civilization standing right on the edge of the abyss? Is the Maya calendar actually right, predicting the end of the world on December 21, 2012? New age circles are convinced that the apocalyptic prophecy can be derived from the Mesoamerican civilization's calendar.

"Complete bullshit," reckons HELLOWEEN singer Andi Deris. "We will all survive the year 2012 and face an even more positive and energetic future."

HELLOWEEN have documented how this future could look like, or rather sound like, on "Straight Out Of Hell". It's a work full of speed and toughness, with optimism and great joy of playing, featuring complex arrangements, strong hooks and plenty of catchy melodies. Or, to let the facts speak for themself: 13 mostly fast-paced songs that turn out to be impressively multi-layered and will completely delight all HELLOWEEN fans, due to the different songwriters Andi Deris, founding members Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf, and guitarist Sascha Gerstner.

Says Weikath: "'Straight Out Of Hell' is the consequent development of the two albums before. '7 Sinners' was recorded more or less in the wake of 'Gambling With The Devil', while the new songs are a continuation of the '7 Sinners' directives, only a little less doom bound and noticeably more positive. These songs will kick even the laziest listener's ass."

HELLOWEEN's guitarist is referring to tracks such as "Make Fire Catch The Fly", "Far From the Stars", "Church Breaks Down", the title track (written by bass player Markus Grosskopf), and the straightforward "Years" — all of them racing through the terrain a =t full speed. In addition, there is the complex and passionate "Burning Sun" by Michael Weikath, which Deris refers to short and sweet as "one of Weikath's highspeed masterpieces" (the limited edition will feature a special Hammond version in memory of DEEP PURPLE's recently deceased organ player Jon Lord). "World Of War" by Sascha Gerstner convinces with thrashy guitar riffs, demonstrating HELLOWEEN's impressive virtuosity.

Says Deris: "What's so special about this band, is the fact that we were always allowed to do anything we wanted, or — even if we allegedly weren't — did it anyway. Even the at the time slightly tabooed 'The Dark Ride' initially earned us negative reviews, but ended up with multiple gold awards. That's the kind of freedom you feel on 'Straight Out Of Hell' as well — we didn't let anybody or anything put pressure on us."

But HELLOWEEN wouldn't be HELLOWEEN if "Straight Out Of Hell" would not feature the band's other, slightly more groovy side as well. With "Waiting For The Thunder" Deris has — in his own words — contributed "a rock song reminding of the old PINK CREAM 69 tunes." Gerstner lets off steam on "Asshole" and complements the album with "Hold Me In Your Arms", a wonderful ballad, providing the desired antithesis to the otherwise extremely energetic record. Speaking of energy: the determination that has always been an integral part of the HELLOWEEN camp was captured perfectly by their producer Charlie Bauerfeind at the band's own MiSueno studio in Tenerife. Bauerfeind consciously created a raw sound, keeping the edge of HELLOWEEN's new songs and working without computer-controlled devices.

"With a world-class drummer like Dani Löble in the studio, you don't need click tracks or computer support," Markus Grosskopf praises his drummer. "Thanks to Dani, the whole album breathes pure authenticity, which distinguishes 'Straight Out Of Hell' from lots of other artists' productions. In addition, the new album sounds more compact and homogeneous than '7 Sinners' has, and is one of the fastest releases in HELLOWEEN's history."

Also, there are significant differences in a number of topics HELLOWEEN tackle on "Straight Out Of Hell". The best example of the ability to think outside the box of pure metal cliché is their first single release 'Nabataea', which HELLOWEEN's singer wrote during a holiday. The song is about the legendary kingdom, located in today's Middle Eastern region, where the first real democracy existed over 3000 years ago. The secret Nabataean city Petra, hidden behind a cliff scenery and only discovered at the beginning of the 20th century, is the origin of many myths and legends.

Says Deris: "We took the liberty to tell this exciting culture's whole story, although the song therefore lasts more than seven minutes. Truth be told, if there had been more to tell, the track would have been even longer."

"Straight Out Of Hell" track listing:

01. Nabataea
    02. World Of War
    03. Live Now!
    04. Far From The Stars
    05. Burning Sun
    06. Waiting For The Thunder
    07. Hold Me In Your Arms
    08. Wanna Be God
    09. Straight Out Of Hell
    10. Asshole
    11. Years
    12. Make Fire Catch The Fly
    13. Church Breaks Down

Limited-edition bonus tracks:

14. Another Shot Of Life
    15. Burning Sun (Hammond version; dedicated to Jon Lord)
    I'm on Twitter

Lowe/Piece/Understatement Artycool8or's Avatar

Give me a break.
    Johnny Winter and Michael Schenker built the Temple of Pebbles.
    Rock would have given them a hernia.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michael-schenker_3454391.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	103742
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Johnny_Winter.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	103743

Here's an interview with Geoff Tate.
    I'm on Twitter

And another interview with Geoff Tate.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Bad Religion CD True North is due out January 22nd, 2013 via Epitaph.

01. True North (1:56)
    02. Past is Dead (2:39)
    03. Robin Hood in Reverse (2:53)
    04. Land of Endless Greed (1:53)
    05. Fuck You (2:14)
    06. Dharma and the Bomb (2:00)
    07. Hello Cruel World (3:50)
    08. Vanity (1:02)
    09. In Their Hearts is Right (1:59)
    10. Crisis Time (2:39)
    11. Dept. of False Hope (2:40)
    12. Nothing To Dismay (2:07)
    13. Popular Consensus (1:53)
    14. My Head is Full of Ghosts (1:46)
    15. The Island (2:23)
    16. Changing Tide (2:23)
    I'm on Twitter

Drummer Shannon Lucas has left The Black Dahlia Murder.
    I'm on Twitter

Skid Row's new CD will be out in early 2013. It is entitled United World Rebellion - Chapter 1.
    I'm on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The new Yngwie Malmsteen CD Spell Bound is due out early 2013.
    The album, due out December 5th.

Here's the track listing and artwork:

01. Spellbound
    02. High Compression Figure
    03. Let's Sleeping Dog Lie
    04. Repent
    05. Majestic 12 Suite 1,2 & 3
    06. Electric Duet
    07. Nasca Lines
    08. Poisoned Mind
    09. God Of War
    10. Iron Blues
    11. Turbo Amadeus
    12. From A Thousand Cuts
    13. Requiem For The Lost

I'm on Twitter

Excerpts from a Geoff Tate interview (Isn't this kind of the opposite of what he's been saying previously?):

Examiner.com: You played a solo gig here on May 31 at the Empire Theater. That was just four days after the Rocklahoma gig noted for when you told the crowd that they sucked, which proved to be your final gig with the QUEENSRŸCHE that we knew. Six months later, how do you look back on everything that transpired?

Geoff: Everything that transpired?

Examiner.com: Yeah, between then and now.

Geoff: Well, honestly, I prefer not to think about it. [laughs] You know, it's too bad that it all ended up the way it did. It's really too bad that the other guys were unable to sit in a room and actually have a civil conversation, and come up with some conclusions on how we could either continue on or break this whole thing apart in an elegant way. I regret that that couldn't happen, and I regret that we couldn't have ended on a more elegant note, I suppose I should say, rather than the way it did.

Examiner.com: I was just about to ask if you had any regrets over your role in it.

Geoff: In my reaction to their firing me and my family and our whole organization?

Examiner.com: Just anything that transpired that we may not know about.

Geoff: No, I don't have any regrets. I handled myself in the way that I always handle myself. They chose to go a different route and go about it in a real ugly way. I don't have any regrets. I can definitely sleep at night.

Examiner.com: Have you listened to Todd La Torre singing your material? Do you view him as a replacement or as an impostor singing your songs? A lot of people out there, they take both sides, but a lot — myself included — are kind of flabbergasted and can't imagine anybody else trying to sing your songs.

Geoff: [laughs] Ah, no I haven't heard him sing. I don't really know anything about him. Honestly, I look at the whole situation — their situation — as kind of insignificant to me. I have my own life and my own scene that I'm completely engulfed in. I really don't pay attention to what they're doing or how they're doing it or what they think or what they say.

Examiner.com: After all is said and done, do you foresee a reunion with your ex-bandmates?

Geoff: Oh, I hope not! I feel completely free now. I'd never want to go backwards. QUEENSRŸCHE had a glorious legacy, in my opinion. We had a very respectful name. We had a body of work that was very well-respected and very diverse and unique all over the world. We had a stellar reputation. Those three guys, they took that reputation, and they tore it apart and rubbed it in the dirt. That's how much they cared about it. And if they care so little about it, they're not the kind of people I want to associate with. Ever. Again. Honestly, I feel complete freedom being away from them, and they can live their small, little lives and do what they're going to do, and that's great. Happy for 'em. But I won't have anything else to do with them.
    I'm on Twitter

New rock supergroup SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING (S.U.N.) is set to digitally release their debut full-length self-titled album Tuesday, November 20 on Robo Records. On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 the CD will be available physically with distribution through Fontana/ Universal Music Distribution. As the band’s first single “I’m The One” continues buzzing at radio nationwide, S.U.N. has also announced a week-long string of West Coast promo tour dates, kicking off Friday, November 16 in Las Vegas. They’ll also host a special record release party 11/20 at the Key Club in Los Angeles. Here’s a video to promote that show: http://youtu.be/efS6dPhlitA.

Legendary multi-platinum selling Canadian vocalist, Juno Award winner and “Canadian Idol” judge SASS JORDAN, has teamed up with songwriter and multi-instrumentalist BRIAN TICHY, known for his tours of duty with Billy Idol, Foreigner, Ozzy and currently Whitesnake, to record an album of anthemic rock songs, under the band name S.U.N. Previously working together is what drove JORDAN and TICHY to collaborate on new music.
    “I had played drums on Sass' RATS record” explains TICHY. “I knew she was one of the best rock singers out there. So after many years, we reconnected and tried a bit of writing together.”

Both felt that in order to write the best, trend-free music they could, they needed to get away so they hunkered down for two weeks to write. “We didn't realize where we were going when we started out,” says JORDAN. “As we continued the songwriting path from the quintessential rock tunes 'Burned' to 'Mobile Again' to 'Nomad' and on ... The whole thing started to take shape in the form of a 70's odyssey, a time travel trajectory.”

Completing the all-star ensemble is bassist MICHAEL DEVIN (Whitesnake, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Kenny Wayne Shepherd) and drummer TOMMY STEWART (Godsmack, Lo Pro, Everclear, Fuel).

JORDAN has an innate talent capable of conveying powerful emotion through heart-stomping, primal, rock-and-roll singing. S.U.N’s debut album, self-produced by JORDAN and TICHY and recorded in Canyon Country, CA, is explosive, crushing, real and soulful with its natural fusion of blues and rock. JORDAN’s vocal intensity proves a perfect match for the high-energy guitar playing of TICHY and her bandmates which provide the unique music palette that is S.U.N.
    \

S.U.N. Tour Dates:
    Fri 11/16 Las Vegas, NV Vamp’d
    Sat 11/17 Costa Mesa, CA Venue TBA
    Sun 11/18 San Diego, CA Brick by Brick
    Tue 11/20 Los Angeles, CA Key Club

S.U.N Tracklisting

Burned
    Crazy Head
    Nomad
    Did Me No Good
    Mobile Again
    I'm The One
    If I Was You
    The Beginning of The End (Instrumental)
    Razed
    Wide Ocean
    No Way Home
    S.U.N.
    Goodbye
    I'm on Twitter