Page 74 of 129 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1930
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Sorensen claims there's renewed interest in Queensryche now; the band can give fans what they want, meaning classic songs live. I have to disagree. I have no interest in Queensryche performing with Todd LaTorre. Not if all they're going to do is perform old stuff. If they go and record a new album and it rocks, I'll listen. But the band needs to move forward.
    Hell if you pull up clips you can see them perform the classic songs live from 2010 to current on youtube.

Honestly by the claims of the "outed" studio musicians that Tate brought in for albums... it seems like the band wants to not do ANYTHING but play classic material . Because from the statements above they really haven't given a shit in years for new material.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

The only real interest in the band comes from the debacle of the firing of Tate and the lawsuits. At one time, Queensryche was my favorite band. But that hasn't been the case in years.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...ord-1941-2012/

Legendary Deep Purple Keyboardist Jon Lord Passes Away.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The only real interest in the band comes from the debacle of the firing of Tate and the lawsuits. At one time, Queensryche was my favorite band. But that hasn't been the case in years.
    So what happens if they go and record a killer album with LaTorre? Would you give it a chance or is the band dead to you now?
    Free your soul and let it fly....

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So what happens if they go and record a killer album with LaTorre? Would you give it a chance or is the band dead to you now?
    Personally I love a few songs ...I really started giving them a listen awhile back when this debacle 1st started in the spring. But if they can do it...if LaTorre can get them to produce in the studio for new material , then sure. I'll give it a listen.

If I was Tate I'd let them have the band now. Its clear they are going with the 3 guys over 1 deal in the courts. He can just stand aside and see how far this band goes.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

You know, I really don't know what my reaction is going to be. I'm very disillusioned with everyone from all the stuff I've been reading and I'm not sure any of them deserve my money anymore.

You've given me something to ponder.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris will release his solo album British Lion on September 25th via Universal Music Enterprises.

"Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) has announced the release of IRON MAIDEN founder Steve Harris' debut solo/side project album. Entitled "British Lion" and comprising ten songs that Steve and his collaborators have been working on for the past few years between IRON MAIDEN tours and releases, it is an album that will surprise and delight music fans the world over.

With a decidedly heavy rock-vibe this roaring debut paints with a full palette of sounds; brooding, melancholic, righteously indignant and exuberantly heavy. With Kevin Shirley at the mixing helm — whose credits include IRON MAIDEN as well as Led ZEPPELIN, JOURNEY and RUSH, among many others — this is an album to sink your teeth into.

From the growling riffage of opening salvo "This Is My God" to the heavy forlorn balladry of follow-up "Lost Worlds" which showcases Richard Taylor's soaring vocals, it's clear that "British Lion" is an altogether different beast from MAIDEN.

"Karma Killer", with its dirge-like muscularity, and "Us Against The World", with its massive chorus, demonstrates just how far "British Lion" has flexed Steve Harris' considerable musical muscle. Dovetailed with guitarist David Hawkins' positively gargantuan lyrical guitar melodies, it's a mere hors d'oeuvre ahead of the epic, riffing-feast of "The Chosen Ones", with its swaggering bravado.

"A World Without Heaven", at a breathtaking seven minutes and infused with progressive elements without ever teetering into self-indulgence illustrates perfectly these songsmiths' colossal abilities to create a mood and stay there. Supercharged by Steve Harris' inimitable style, there's an un-cynical vibe here that's as refreshing as it is out of place in today's all-too-categorized music industry.

And as far as the name "British Lion"; "I've always been proud to be British," explains Steve. "I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be. It's a massive part of being me. It's not like I'm flag-waving or trying to preach, this is not a political statement at all. It's like supporting your football team, where you come from. I just think it lends itself to some really strong imagery too, and to me it fits in with the sound."

With IRON MAIDEN, Steve Harris has become one of the most recognized and successful ambassadors for British music on the world stage. Having released 15 studio albums, sold over 85 million records worldwide and played more than two thousand gigs in 58 countries in the band's thirty-five year career, his appeal is truly global.

And now with "British Lion", Steve steps out from IRON MAIDEN's illustrious shadow to present a different side of his musical visions.

Due in the U.S. on September 25 via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), "British Lion" will feature the following track listing:

01. This Is My God
    02. Lost Worlds
    03. Karma Killer
    04. Us Against The World
    05. The Chosen Ones
    06. A World Without Heaven
    07. Judas
    08. Eyes Of The Young
    09. These Are The Hands
    10. The Lesson"

I'm on Twitter

The new Saga CD 20/20 is due out August 28th via Eagle Rock Entertainment / earMusic.

01. Six Feet Under
    02. Anywhere You Wanna Go
    03. Ellery
    04. Spin It Again
    05. Another Day Out Of Sight
    06. One Of These Days
    07. Ball And Chain
    08. Lost For Words
    09. Show And Tell
    10. Till The Well Runs Dry
    I'm on Twitter

Steve Harris releasing a solo record is a huge surprise. Maiden is his band. He's "the commandant." I just hope he doesn't sing. He may be one of the best bass players on the planet and an unparalleled songwriter but singing isn't in his family's gene pool.

Texas-based metal veterans HELSTAR will release "30 Years Of Hel", a DVD containing footage of the band's March 24, 2012 30-year-anniversary hometown show at Warehouse Live in Houston, on August 31 in Europe and October 2 in North America via AFM Records. The DVD+2CD set will include footage of the band performing songs spanning its entire career, including material from the often-overlooked "Multiples Of Black" release. The package will also feature interviews with each bandmember, as well as with the entire group, conducted by "Robb's MetalWorks" and focusing specifically on this milestone.

"30 Years Of Hel" track listing:

DVD

01. Angels Fall To Hell
    02. Toward The Unknown
    03. Suicidal Nightmare
    04. The King Is Dead
    05. Burning Star
    06. To Sleep Per Chance To Scream
    07. The Plague Called Man
    08. Evil Reign
    09. Monarch Of Bloodshed
    10. Winds Of War
    11. Good Day To Die
    12. Wicked Disposition
    13. Pandemonium
    14. Bitter End
    15. Harker's Tale
    16. Angel Of Death
    17. Baptized In Blood
    18. Alma Negra
    19. The King Of Hell
    20. Run With The Pack

CD 1

01. Angels Fall To Hell
    02. Toward The Unknown
    03. Suicidal Nightmare
    04. The King Is Dead
    05. Burning Star
    06. To Sleep Per Chance To Scream
    07. The Plague Called Man
    08. Evil Reign
    09. Monarch Of Bloodshed

CD 2

01. Winds Of War
    02. Good Day To Die
    03. Wicked Disposition
    04. Pandemonium
    05. Bitter End
    06. Harker's Tale
    07. Angel Of Death
    08. Baptized In Blood
    09. Alma Negra
    10. The King Of Hell
    11. Run With The Pack

German metal queen Doro Pesch will release "Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics" in North America on August 14 via AFM Records. The set was compiled in close collaboration between AFM and Pesch, who also contributed handwritten liner notes to all songs. The two-CD package includes Doro classics as well as rare single B-sides and album bonus tracks.

"Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics" is available as a regular digipack version and a strictly limited wooden fanbox edition (1,000 copies only) which includes the digipak 2-CD, a textile posterflag, a Doro logo patch, a Doro bracelet, a postcard and a certificate of authenticity.

"Under My Skin" recently entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 53.

"Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics" track listing:

CD1

01. All We Are (Version 2007)
    02. You're My Family
    03. I Rule The Ruins
    04. Celebrate
    05. The Night Of The Warlock
    06. Strangers Yesterday
    07. Walking With The Angels
    08. Metal Tango
    09. Thunderspell
    10. Herzblut
    11. Warrior Soul
    12. My Majesty
    13. Für Immer
    14. Love Me In Black
    15. Always Live To Win
    16. Running From The Devil
    17. Above The Ashes
    18. Let Love Rain On Me

CD2

01. Celebrate (Full Metal Female Version)
    02. Rescue Me
    03. Rare Diamond (Acoustic Version)
    04. Angel In The Dark
    05. 1999
    06. In Liebe Und Freundschaft
    07. I Lay My Head Upon My Sword
    08. Tausend Mal Gelebt
    09. Wildfire
    10. Breaking The Law
    11. She's Like Thunder (Version 2005)
    12. The Queen
    13. You Won My Love
    14. Lonely Wolf

Multimedia Bonus

* Warrior Soul (Video)
    * Let Love Rain On Me (Video)
    * Herzblut (Video)

Pesch's new EP, "Raise Your Fist In The Air", will be released on August 3. A full-length album, "Raise Your Fist", will follow in the fall via Nuclear Blast Records.

I'm on Twitter

The new Danko Jones CD Rock and Roll Is Black and Blue is due out October 9th.

The 3rd solo album from Andre Matos is due out August 22nd and it will be called The Turn of the Lights.

I'm on Twitter

Somebody did a very good job picking songs for that Doro collection.

Somebody did a very good job picking songs for that Doro collection.
    I don't know who it was but anything Doro can't be bad.
    I'm on Twitter

U.K. doom metal veterans MY DYING BRIDE have set "A Map Of All Our Failures" as the title of their new album, due on October 15 In Europe and October 16 in the U.S. via Peaceville Records on CD, double vinyl and special-edition CD/DVD. The CD eas recorded and mixed at Futureworks Studios in Manchester, England with the band's longtime production partner Rob "Mags" Magoolagan at the helm.

According to a press release, "a step up from 2009's 'For Lies I Sire' — which set and subsequently met new heights of expectation placed upon the legendary Yorkshire doom troupe — 'A Map Of All Our Failures' is a further voyage into the darkest depths of humanity, religion, folklore, love and death. MY DYING BRIDE's distinctively sumptuous dual-guitar melodies effortlessly flood into juggernaut doom metal riffs, with the vocals of Aaron Stainthorpe weaving a rich tapestry of tragic tales into the accompanying soundscapes. 'A Map Of All Our Failures' is perhaps best and most effectively summarized by guitarist Andrew Craighan, who describes the album as 'a controlled demolition of all your hopes.'"

"A Map Of All Our Failures" track listing:

01. Kneel Till Doomsday
    02. The Poorest Waltz
    03. A Tapestry Scorned
    04. Like A Perpetual Funeral
    05. A Map Of All Our Failures
    06. Hail Odysseus
    07. Within The Presence Of Absence
    08. Abandoned As Christ

MY DYING BRIDE will embark on a European tour in December in support of the new album. The band will also make an appearance at the U.K.'s esteemed Damnation Festival in November, at which Peaceville will be a proud sponsor to coincide with the label's 25th anniversary.
    I'm on Twitter

More on the Queensryche situation HERE.
    I'm on Twitter