Page 8 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Thanx for the input guys. I'll see if I can find some samples of TSO's music online.

As for Savatage, I already own Edge Of Thorns and The Hall Of The Mountain King (great albums!). What other Savatage album should I check out?
    All of them.

If you like a thrashier type sound, you can go for The Dungeons Are Calling, Sirens or Power Of The Night.

Their one misstep was the commercially aimed Fight For the Rock but it is actually not bad overall for what it is.

Their progression towards symphonic rock mastery began with Hall of the Mountain King so you are on the right track there.

Then came Gutter Ballet and the first of four concept albums Streets: A Rock Opera.

Handful of Rain is a good album that was written in the aftermath of the death of guitarist Criss Oliva.

The 2nd concept album is Dead Winter Dead and the third is The Wake of Magellan.

The fourth concept CD was the weakest in story but a solid album musically. It is called Poets and Madmen.

You can't go wrong with any of them.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    All of them.

If you like a thrashier type sound, you can go for The Dungeons Are Calling, Sirens or Power Of The Night.

Their one misstep was the commercially aimed Fight For the Rock but it is actually not bad overall for what it is.

Their progression towards symphonic rock mastery began with Hall of the Mountain King so you are on the right track there.

Then came Gutter Ballet and the first of four concept albums Streets: A Rock Opera.

Handful of Rain is a good album that was written in the aftermath of the death of guitarist Criss Oliva.

The 2nd concept album is Dead Winter Dead and the third is The Wake of Magellan.

The fourth concept CD was the weakest in story but a solid album musically. It is called Poets and Madmen.

I just want to add that Jon Oliva is hands down the nicest person I've ever met in music!

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodeous View Post
    I just want to add that Jon Oliva is hands down the nicest person I've ever met in music!
    I would agree with you. I met him backstage on the Poets and Madmen tour. GREAT GUY!
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    All of them.

Thanx a lot, Deathstroke. Adding quite a few to my wishlist.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Thanx a lot, Deathstroke. Adding quite a few to my wishlist.
    If you had the inclination, you should buy them in order and listen to them that way and see the progression.
    I'm on Twitter

The 3rd CD from Rusell/Lande is set to be called The Showdown. It is reportedly due out in September from Frontiers Records.

You can check out a trailer preview HERE.
    I'm on Twitter

Black Sabbath Drummer Bill Ward Interview

http://www.backstageaxxess.com/index...ward-interview

Vocalist David Reece (Ex-Bangalore Choir/Accept) has joined Tango Down as their new vocalist.

The new Buckcherry CD All Night Long is due out August 3rd in North America through Eleven Seven Music.
    I'm on Twitter

Seeing rumours all over Twitter that Ronnie James Di died tonight. Can't find confirmation yet, though.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

I hadn't even heard of this until I saw it this morning.

My mouth dropped when I saw a thread titled that he had died.

Then I saw the No It's a Hoax.

But his wife saying he's not doing good but is still alive fills me with dread.
    I'm on Twitter

Me, too. Here's hoping this is just a minor setback.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I can't get anything but his site to even open and there's a message that he did pass away, is it a hoax or did he actually pass? Not sure if I should be crying, or angry (at the hoax)

His wife says he's gone:

Message from Wendy Dio Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.
    - Wendy Dio

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    His wife says he's gone:

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com

Its up on his website now, so theres no doubt. One of the greatest singers and the giver of the horns \m/ has passed away. Im stunned. R.I.P. Dio..