Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast
    RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Default The Hard Rock / Heavy Metal Update

Okay, here's the new thread. It's not going to be a year to year thread anymore. I'm just going to do it in one big thread.

CD SHOWCASES

Keel - The Streets Of Rock And Roll
    Bruce Kulick - BK3

INTERVIEWS

Jeff Scott Soto - Interview 1, Interview 2

LINEUP NEWS

Vocalist Ted Pilot has split amicably with the reunited Fifth Angel. The band is working on a new studio album and planning their first ever live gig.

CD NEWS

The new Royal Hunt CD will be called X.

01. Episode X (Arrival)
    02. End Of The Line
    03. King For A Day
    04. The Well
    05. Army of Slaves
    06. Shadowman
    07. Back To Square One
    08. Blood Red Stars
    09. The Last Leaf
    10. Falling Down
    11. Episode X (Departure)

The new Blaze Bayley CD Promise and Terror is due out through Blaze Bayley Recordings in February with distribution through Plastic Head. Band Website

Former Scorpions drummer Herman Rarebell will have the CD Take It As It Comes released by Dark Star Records on March 23rd.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The new Stage Dolls CD Always is due out in Europe via February 26th.

01. Always
    02. Raining On A Sunny Day
    03. Rollin'
    04. Highway's Open
    05. Eye Of My Heart
    06. Better Off Pretty
    07. Taillights
    08. Saturday Night
    09. Where The Blacktop Ends
    10. My Strongest Friend

Stage Dolls.com

I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Scorpions will release the new studio album Sting In The Tail in March.

After that will come a two year tour.

And then the band will call it a career.

STATEMENT:

"Important Message to our Fans

It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs. While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was – and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: We want to end the Scorpion’s extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we’ve always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years! We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you.

And now… let’s get the party started and get ready for a “Sting in the Tail”!

See you on the world tour,

Yours

Scorpions"

I'm on Twitter

Note to self: Go see the Scorpions in concert.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Note to self: Go see the Scorpions in concert.
    I wrote myself the same note.
    I'm on Twitter

I think a lot of people will be. They don't seem like the types to do 7 or 8 "farewell" tours.

Sad news. A body found on a Virginia farm is "most likely" the remains of Morgan Harrington, the college student who disappeared after an October Metallica concert.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01...y6143910.shtml

Edit: It has now been confirmed, the remains are those of Morgan Harrington.
    Last edited by DonC; 01-27-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Rebels! YEAH! Jade69/Legolaslady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Sad news. A body found on a Virginia farm is "most likely" the remains of Morgan Harrington, the college student who disappeared after an October Metallica concert.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01...y6143910.shtml

Edit: It has now been confirmed, the remains are those of Morgan Harrington.
    I was at that concert with my husband and several friends :( I hope she can now be at peace, that her family can have closure, and that if something happened to her that the perpetrator is brought to justice.
    Words from a wise man: Pol Rua

Life is like music. If it's just on in the background, then it's just noise. However, take the time out to listen to it, and suddenly, it becomes something wonderful.
    "Cry havok, and let slip the elves of war!" - my co-mod's wife
    http://www.jadielady.com

Here's an interview with Ron Keel of Keel.

The new Axel Rudi Pell CD The Crest will be out April 26th on SPV/Steamhammer.
    I'm on Twitter

Fates Warning has announced the release of the deluxe edition of their seminal 1991 album, Parallels!

Fans can get their hands on this new take on the album on March 16th, 2010.

The deluxe edition has been completely re-mastered and contains well over 3 hours of music and live footage.

Parallels is the sixth record from the prog metal pioneers and was one of their music successful releases due to the commercial success of the singles Eye To Eye, Point Of View and We Only Say Goodbye. Also, James LaBrie of Dream Theater fame makes a guest appearance on the track Life In Still Water. Parallels has proven to be one of the most influential albums in the prog and metal genres, despite its hotly debated status among fans as a "commercial" sounding album.

Vocalist Ray Alder comments further, "I think its one of the best albums we ever put out and I'm happy that fans have the chance to take a second look at this important record. The lineup, the songs and the cover art all came together to make a great package when originally recorded and the bonus DVD really adds a fresh perspective to the album."

Fans can watch a trailer for the DVD portion of this deluxe edition now on Metal Blades youtube channel.

Disc 1 - Parallels - 1. Leave the Past Behind, 2. Life in Still Water, 3. Eye to Eye, 4. The Eleventh Hour, 5. Point Of View, 6. We Only Say Goodbye, 7. Dont Follow Me, 8. The Road Goes on Forever.

Disc 2 - Parallels - Recorded Live in Hollywood, CA January 23rd, 1992 - 1. Leave the Past Behind, 2. Don't Follow Me, 3. Eleventh Hour, 4. Point of View, 5. Eye to Eye, 6. Nothing Left To Say, 7. Quietus, 8. Through Different Eyes. Demo tracks - 9. Leave the Past Behind, 10.Eye to Eye , 11.Eleventh Hour, 12.Point of View, 13.Don't Follow Me.

DVD - 80 Minute concert filmed Live in New Haven, CT February 13, 1992 / Original Promotional Videos for Eye To Eye and Point Of View. / 75 minute documentary on the making of Parallels. Includes: current interviews with all band members as well as acclaimed producer Terry Brown and Metal Blade Records CEO and founder, Brian Slagel. Plus, studio footage from the Parallels sessions and additional live performances from the 1992 tour.
    I'm on Twitter

That's quite a package they're putting together.

It's a nice deal I suppose but I really hate rebuying albums I already have.
    I'm on Twitter

The new Ratt CD will be called Infestation. It is due out April 20th on Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records.

The track listing is:

01. Eat Me Up Alive
    02. Best of Me
    03. A Little Too Much
    04. Look Out Below
    05. Last Call
    06. Lost Weekend
    07. As Good As It Gets
    08. Garden Of Eden
    09. Take A Big Bite
    10. Take Me Home
    11. Don't Let Go

I'm on Twitter

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I wrote myself the same note.
    I'd write the same note for myself, but at this point I'm pretty unsure about their coming to this side of the atlantic.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I'd write the same note for myself, but at this point I'm pretty unsure about their coming to this side of the atlantic.
    Well you can always hope!
    I'm on Twitter