Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Let's play a game...Forgotten marvel heroes.

Factoring out DEAD heroes like Captain America II and "RETIRED" heroes like ROM and "CROWD" scenes like say in Contest of Champions or Secret Invasion, what marvel heroes have we not seen in the longest of time?

For example, it looks like Dr. Voodoo was "absent" from the Mu from the mid 80s appearance in Dr. Strange all the way to mid 00s when he came back in "fury's Howling Commandos.

Is there any other marvel hero with such a long time on the bench?

Brother Voodoo appears on and off in other comics , he appeared in the 90s heroes for hire where Cage criticised his fashion.

Does Dr. Nemesis count?

Namora was gone for quite some time before resurfacing.

Cadaver and Sepulchre ( Shadowoman ). I think I heard sepulchre made an appearance somewhere in Thunderbolts, but I missed it. Where the hell is Cadaver at? Or even the Blazing Skull (James Scully) or Living Mummy
    Last edited by Phantom Druid; 12-28-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Kylun as far as I know.

Kyllian Kell aka Wildpride

Whatever happened to Nightwatch? Anyone?
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Druid View Post
    Cadaver and Sepulchre ( Shadowoman ). I think I heard sepulchre made an appearance somewhere in Thunderbolts, but I missed it. Where the hell is Cadaver at? Or even the Blazing Skull (James Scully) or Living Mummy
    Someone read Secret Defenders!

Sepulchre was in fact in Thunderbolts. She was one of the heroes Ellis brought in and wrote so well (Along with American Eagle, Jack Flag, and Steel Spider). She took a job offer in another country (With Roxxon) because she didn't agree with registering.

Cadaver hasn't really been seen since Secret Defenders ended I think...though he was listed as a potential recruit for the Initiative.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Of the Slingers, Hornet is dead, Prodigy and Ricochet show up very occasionally, and Dusk seems to have been MIA since about a year and a half into Reed's run on Ms. Marvel. Why Ricochet hasn't moved to Utopia is beyond me. Plus, I think he'd be a fun addition to any of the X-teams, especially a reconstituted Generation X. Or given the mini-Gen X reunion in last week's FF, I could easily see him pallin' about with Johnny Storm.

Most of the characters from Byrne's excellent Marvel: The Lost Generation haven't been seen since.

Decibel, the former Chamber, seems to be MIA.

Silverclaw, I believe, hasn't been seen since the Busiek run of Avengers.

Whatever happened to Cecilia Reyes?

I think Firestar's been forgotten about since quitting during Civil War. If the SHRA is repealed, I'd love to see her on an Avengers team again one day.
    I rule me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin Crowe View Post
    Silverclaw, I believe, hasn't been seen since the Busiek run of Avengers.
    She showed up during several tie-in issues of the 'Civil War' crossover as a hero who was arrested for unregistered antics.

Whatever happened to Cecilia Reyes?
    She showed up this past year in NYX v.2 by Marjorie Liu, living in Brooklyn and apparently hiding from the world. She's got a modest apartment, a part-time job, and still keeps in contact with the Beast. She even has a framed picture of she and him from her days with the X-Men. Her escape from the mutant death camp Camp Neverland and why she is in hiding, and if she still has her powers, have yet to be explained.

I think Firestar's been forgotten about since quitting during Civil War. If the SHRA is repealed, I'd love to see her on an Avengers team again one day.
    Go read Marvel Divas! It's got awesome updates on Angelica and what she's been up to since 'Civil War.'

"Art is anything that you can get away with."

Pull List: Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, Fearless Defenders, Wolverine & The X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Fables

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Force View Post
    She showed up during several tie-in issues of the 'Civil War' crossover as a hero who was arrested for unregistered antics.
    Lupe should have just escaped and headed back towards South America. I doubt MadeUpCountry has an extradition treaty with the US.

She showed up this past year in NYX v.2 by Marjorie Liu, living in Brooklyn and apparently hiding from the world. She's got a modest apartment, a part-time job, and still keeps in contact with the Beast. She even has a framed picture of she and him from her days with the X-Men. Her escape from the mutant death camp Camp Neverland and why she is in hiding, and if she still has her powers, have yet to be explained.
    Awww...it's good to know she got out of there okay.

Go read Marvel Divas! It's got awesome updates on Angelica and what she's been up to since 'Civil War.'
    Didn't read it, but I totally knew about it and forgot she was in it.
    I rule me.

How about Jack of Hearts, had he been around in awhile (or does anyone actually care?)

Quote Originally Posted by terri100 View Post
    How about Jack of Hearts, had he been around in awhile (or does anyone actually care?)
    Been dead since Johns run on Avengers.

Last time I saw Living Mummy was in Fury's Howling Commandos (although I think he was in the recent Punisher issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin Crowe View Post
    Why Ricochet hasn't moved to Utopia is beyond me.
    Possibly because he hasn't ever associated himself with mutants. Except perhaps Hollow. Maybe. But even that wasn't by choice.

We haven't seen some of the WWII heroes in a while. The Invaders were in Avengers/Invaders and the Avengers posed as some of the WWII heroes, but the heroes themselves weren't seen.