Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE GREEN ZONE: Paul Pelletier

The incoming artist for "Incredible Hulk" describes the free wheeling feel of his latest gig, explains how he landed on "Hulk" after his "War of Kings" assignment and gives us an exclusive look at "Fall of the Hulks" art.

Full article here.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The incoming artist for "Incredible Hulk" describes the free wheeling feel of his latest gig, explains how he landed on "Hulk" after his "War of Kings" assignment and gives us an exclusive look at "Fall of the Hulks" art.

Full article here.
    WOW!! I'll take Pelletier over Ariel Olivetti any day of the week! Beautiful panels!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrave View Post
    WOW!! I'll take Pelletier over Ariel Olivetti any day of the week! Beautiful panels!!
    No kidding.

Forget about a "7 issue stint", how about letting this guy stay on full time!

So the "Cosmic Hulk Robot" didn't last as long as I thought it would against Doom, but for some reason Skaar (if it is him) seems to be willing to go a round or two there to make up for it.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrave View Post
    I'll go you one better. IMO he was better on the FF than Hitch was. I wish they had kept him on the title...and McDuffie. That preview looks spectacular.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Confused by custom titles

This is an excellent example of Marvel getting it right and complimenting a great penciller (Pelletier) with an awesome inker (Danny Miki).

I've seen Pelletier's pencils and was wondering when Marvel would get a better inker on him; the ones they'd assigned before always seemed to be rushing their work (even though Pelletier is one of the faster artists in the business) -- details would get lost, tones were done half-baked, lines were the wrong thickness for the depth and so forth.

Miki is probably one of the two or three best inkers in the business today. It speaks volumes that Joe Quesada insists on having Miki ink his work. You just know that when Miki inks your pencils the final product will be enhanced, not degraded.

It's too bad Marvel couldn't put this art team on Thor, though.

Marvel and DC needs more artists like Paul Pelletier. Now I like a lot of different kinds of styles when it comes to the medium in general, but his style is perfect for super hero comics. He's like Dale Keown, John Byrne and a little Alan Davis rolled into one. Plus he can deliver ON TIME!

I'd also like to see more Ron Lim.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

AssKickerOfTheFantastic DasPoppen's Avatar

Pelletier is great. I really miss his art on Guardians...

Quote Originally Posted by jpbl1976 View Post
    This is an excellent example of Marvel getting it right and complimenting a great penciller (Pelletier) with an awesome inker (Danny Miki).
    Quoted for the truth.

I use Cro-Magnums, baby! C.O. Jones's Avatar

I might have to get me summa that action, too.
    Nick Fury's to-do list:

1) Save the world.
    2) Punch Norman in the face.
    3) Have a beer.

Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar

And now I have a reason to pick up Incredible Hulk again.
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

Has he changed his style or is it just the inking because I'm used to a much smoother and cleaner look (an aspect I quite enjoy really) to Paul's stuff than what we see in the preview pages there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Raida View Post
    Has he changed his style or is it just the inking because I'm used to a much smoother and cleaner look (an aspect I quite enjoy really) to Paul's stuff than what we see in the preview pages there.
    It's the inker that's new. First time Danny Miki has ever inked over Paul's pencils. Makes his stuff look different, and even better.