Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Flash: Rebirth #6 delayed some more

According to dccomics.com, Rebirth #6 has been delayed to March 24. March!! This type of delay is pathetic on DC's part. Is anybody even going to care anymore by the time this issue is released?

What the heck happened? Triple posted thread.

Ignore.

The art isn't worth the delay. This is getting ridiculous. I just hope this does not end up delaying the ongoing.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well heres the deal...

Blackest Night Flash : Is falling between Reborn #5 and #6 currently. Johns and DC is letting that mini-series wrap 1st , then finishing Flash Reborn in March.

That way they keep a hot Flash series running til they launch the regular series in April or May.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well heres the deal...

Blackest Night Flash : Is falling between Reborn #5 and #6 currently. Johns and DC is letting that mini-series wrap 1st , then finishing Flash Reborn in March.

That way they keep a hot Flash series running til they launch the regular series in April or May.

Is this the official story? I didn't see anything explaining the delay. Only the solicitations.

Well heres the deal...

That still doesn't explain the delay for series that was solicited as a MONTHLY.

I kinda miss the days where they would call Sal or John Buscema to finish a book so that it would ship on time.
    Maybe DC should get Mark Bagely to finish the book.

This is unfortunate. First the series just gets buried amidst the BLACKEST NIGHT schedule, and now more delays.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Lame. I dropped this after the second issue anyway.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaulTheCat View Post
    That still doesn't explain the delay for series that was solicited as a MONTHLY.
    It seems to me that DC didn't originally plan to tie FLASH: REBIRTH in with BLACKEST NIGHT (at least not so extensively), but somewhere along the way, it was decided to link the two very closely.

It's creating a coordination nightmare, that's for sure.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

Well heres the deal...

What? That doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to reread Flash: Rebirth #5 though.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaulTheCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It seems to me that DC didn't originally plan to tie FLASH: REBIRTH in with BLACKEST NIGHT (at least not so extensively), but somewhere along the way, it was decided to link the two very closely.

It's creating a coordination nightmare, that's for sure.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yep and the company has thoughts like Batman & Robin , it will fall after Blackest Night for Flash Rebirth #6. I can see why DC did this. It may have been solicted as a monthly but things change.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

It going to take a year for a six issue mini-series that started in april to finish. Un-Fucking-Believable.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Rebirth effectively killed any interest I had in Barry returning.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveDupin View Post
    Rebirth effectively killed any interest I had in Barry returning.
    I had no interest to begin with. Rebirth did nothing to kindle any interest in Barry's return.