Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Arkham Asylum" Sequel Announced at Spike's VGAs

While "Batman: Arkham Asylum" did not take home any awards at the Spike Video Game Awards ceremony, the game's developer, Rocksteady Studios, was named Studio of the Year and a teaser trailer for the game's sequel was unveiled.

Full article here.

Arkham Asylum was a close second place behind Call of Duty 2 as my favorite game of the year, so this is verrrrry welcome news. WOO!
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Awesome news...

I hope my pc can play the sequel
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Awesome news...

I hope my pc can play the sequel
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Boosh and/or Ka-kow! Frisky Dingo's Avatar

Obviously it's no surprise that a sequel was announced for "Batman: AA", it was successful commercially and critically (a first for a Batman game and a rarity for comic based games). Nonetheless, I am still extremely excited to play as Batman in the follow-up!

Here's hoping the game is much, much, much longer and the final boss battle isn't so anti-climatic. If the game moves into Gotham which would make sense based on the story and the teaser trailer, I hope it becomes a little bit more sand-boxey. Not GTA: Batman, but some cool optional side-missions would be nice and being able to move about the city freely would be awesome!

Also if it could be done well, I would love a level involving driving the Bat-mobile! Appearances by Nightwing, Huntress, etc. would also be pretty sweet, we could see them helping Batman try to get certain areas of the city under control.

Here's hoping the sequel is just as good (and like I said much longer)!

I'm hoping that for the side missions, or even for some of the main missions, that Batman must meet Commissioner Gordon on the roof of police headquarters after the Bat-signal is lit...and then Batman has to get to the roof within a certain amount of time.

It would also be cool to drive thr Batmobile through an open-ended Gotham City, and perhaps even the Batwing as well.

I hope all of the voice actors/actresses return, as well as the same animation team.

Bobo T. Chimpanzee Angel of Sorrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    and perhaps even the Batwing as well.

I just soiled my pants with the mental scenario of dropping out of the Batwing and gliiding to a building below to fight a group of enemies. Thanks, I gotta shower now.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    and then Batman has to get to the roof within a certain amount of time.
    No thanks, I hate those timed missions.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

I can't believe Jack Black won best voice, seriously. I like him but he sounded woody and scripted as Hell at times in Brutal Legend, compared to Hamil who was magnificent.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Not surprising news. Now to just find out where its going to be. Will they do Arkham again?
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

I would love to see a game in Gotham but not a sandbox game.Something like that would kill the detailed enviroment that was in AA game.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

I'd just like to see that it doesn't get rushed. No need for a sophomore slump.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boshobosho View Post
    I'd just like to see that it doesn't get rushed. No need for a sophomore slump.
    Considering they pushed back the release of AA twice, I don't think that's likely. They needed more time so they took more time on the first one. Now they actually have a hooked audience with higher expectations, I don't see them rushing anything out. Obviously they have some of the character models already done which should mean they just really have to polish them up and build the levels and locations, but I am not expecting anything until at least 4th Quarter 2010 at the earliest.

This is fantastic news. Arkham Asylum was my favourite game this year and in my top 2 overall favourite PS3 games of all time.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

That's great.