Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Just when the manga was starting to get good, they have the kid start sliding back into self-doubt, confidence is cool and fun to read, the opposite is not.

I would have thought he would have learned more from his time studying with nine arts dragon, the whole point of most of the training was self-confidence. If he doesn't come out of his funk soon, then it means he learned nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    Just when the manga was starting to get good, they have the kid start sliding back into self-doubt, confidence is cool and fun to read, the opposite is not.

I would have thought he would have learned more from his time studying with nine arts dragon, the whole point of most of the training was self-confidence. If he doesn't come out of his funk soon, then it means he learned nothing.
    Ok, glad I was wrong. The new chapters that came out were pretty good and it doesn't look like the author made any of the mistakes I was afraid he would make, I should have had more faith.

I am intrigued by all these new developments that he fit into these two chapters, I don't quite know where things will go. Its very likely that he will get his powers back at some point, but probably not very soon. And I don't know where the new delinquent girl will go, new love interest? rival? enemy? friend? Lots of ways to take this, looking forward to where it goes.

2 new chaters? I've only found 1. Part 2 started up much sooner than I expected. Unless there was a big break in Korea and we didn't really see it due to the lag in translations. Also it seems this will now be a weekly series?
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    2 new chaters? I've only found 1. Part 2 started up much sooner than I expected. Unless there was a big break in Korea and we didn't really see it due to the lag in translations. Also it seems this will now be a weekly series?
    Chapter 72 of The Breaker and the first chapter of The Breaker: New Waves. Dunno when you saw them but I just saw them both today. In any case they must have been released fairly close to each other.

Hmm.. Chapter 72 really seemed more like the last chapter of the first part than the first of the new. I think we'll end up running into differences in numbering between different host sites or something.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."

Hmm.. Chapter 72 really seemed more like the last chapter of the first part than the first of the new. I think we'll end up running into differences in numbering between different host sites or something.
    I think most places are treating it as a new series with new numbering, that seems to be how its looked on in Korea as well.

Back to the story. I also wonder how long they are going to keep 9 arts dragon off screen. He is pretty much going around the world beating up criminals for profit right now, and things his former disciple is safe. So he could stay away for a while, and I actually hope he does. The kid needs time to grow alone and become awesome in his own right. Later he can come back and they can be awesome together.
    Last edited by Praxis; 10-10-2010 at 07:15 PM.

I find it odd that in this world the assume you can't be a martial artist whatsoever without the ability to gather ki. Does nowhere but Asia have viable fighters in the Breaker version of the world? It's be nice if they introduced fighters that can be a threat simply through extreme physical training or something. But I guess this just isn't that kind of manwha.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I find it odd that in this world the assume you can't be a martial artist whatsoever without the ability to gather ki. Does nowhere but Asia have viable fighters in the Breaker version of the world? It's be nice if they introduced fighters that can be a threat simply through extreme physical training or something. But I guess this just isn't that kind of manwha.
    Ki = martial arts doesn't preclude non-Asian martial artists... Ki is simply a name given to the source of their abilities.

Anyway, Ch. 72 is the end of The Breaker. The Breaker: New Waves (AKA Part 2) just came out with a renumbering.

They seem to be quick to introduce new characters, but I guess that's a given seeing as how the rest of the cast is MIA or KIA. Though it's peculiar that they immediately introduce two new chicks, especially when Sosul is inevitably going to come back, AND there's already that girl that likes him. The cast just got an estrogen shot. Oh well, to balance, they need to have Shioon training with that prodigy-kid (aka bro-love dude) to get his ki back/be awesome.

Do want more, though. God I hope Shioon get's his martial arts back, and soon.
    Last edited by EuphemismForSex; 10-11-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Bad news everyone...

New chapter of new waves out.

You know, exploding Shioon's Ki center is seeming like more and more of a bad idea. Unless Goomoonryong sent that girl to protect him.

Thankfully it seems Shioon didn't fall into much of a depression (or at least didn't drop as far as he did at the beginning of Breaker) in New Waves, though I have to wonder if Murim even bothered to tell everyone that he could no longer do martial arts or even had a master judging by the people going after him.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Thankfully it seems Shioon didn't fall into much of a depression (or at least didn't drop as far as he did at the beginning of Breaker) in New Waves, though I have to wonder if Murim even bothered to tell everyone that he could no longer do martial arts or even had a master judging by the people going after him.
    I still think it was the best solution to the "let us kill you or we will kill you student' dilemma he was placed in at the end of part 1. Goomoonryong's master was given that choice and chose to die, but that choice obviously left Goomoonryong with a ton of survivors guilt and drove him on a quest for vengeance that eventually put him in the exact same position his master was in. And I don't think Shioon would have handled it any better than Goomoonryong did. Living but forcefully throwing his disciple out of murim was a desperate strategy to be sure, but it was different and has a chance of breaking the cycle.

It didn't quite work though because his successful challenge to Murim meant that other people now feel safer breaking the laws of murim, including the 'don't kill this kid who got his ki center blowed up ok' rule. I thought it was pretty clear that murim did tell everyone he has no power and is out. Otherwise I don't think wimps like this would have come after the disciple of the great Goomoonryong so quickly. They obviously know this fight is a sham.

I am interested in what faction this new girl belongs too, I suspected she would learn MA someday if she hadn't already but she seems more accomplished than I suspected. Could she be ugly biker dudes apprentice? The fighting style's look kinda similar and it would explain why she seems interested in Shioon.

New Chapter out

Nice to see the kid has some balls and won't just sit there like a slack jawed fool when others are putting their lives on the line for him. And nice to see the girl is smart enough to take advantage of a distraction when she sees one. So its nice to see the both protagonists using their brains.

Also the artist sure put a lot of ass shots in this chapter didn't he. This comic has never really been shy about fanservice but its just feel more gratuitous during a fight for some reason, when you go right from a face kick to ass close up then follow it up with a crotch attack it just tend to jump out more than something like swimsuit cover.

So is this new girl Jewish or does the Star of David have a different meaning in South Korea?

So is this new girl Jewish or does the Star of David have a different meaning in South Korea?
    Probably because random religious symbols are cool, I think there is even a tv tropes entry to that effect. Its certainly note unheard of for eastern shows to use western symbols because they look exotic and cool. So I really really doubt she is supposed to be jewish. Its not really even unheard of in the west. I once knew a girl who wore of star of david necklace sometime just because she thought it was cool. Its just another piece of jewelery to a lot of people.

Now girl has a name now, Jinie; I think the changes of her actually being Jewish, or in this case part Jewish, are increasing rapidly.