Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Chapter 61 is out........

I like how Dragon chose his chick over the technique. I'm kinda proud of him, I know it was a difficult choice considering how his master gave up his life to protect that technique.

This chapter kicked ass. Usually when the heros gf is attacked like that its results in a rage induced beat down, but dragon just had this look of despair. Its a nice change from the usual martial arts manga stereotype.

The old guy also established himself as an enormous asshole, he will be a great big bad. We knew he was being set up as the bad guy but he hadn't really done anything unforgivable yet, this gives a more personal reason to hate him.

I would guess the fight is mostly over now, its not what I was expecting, it turned into more of a story advancement kind of thing rather than the awesome fight sequence it started out as.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    This chapter kicked ass. Usually when the heros gf is attacked like that its results in a rage induced beat down, but dragon just had this look of despair. Its a nice change from the usual martial arts manga stereotype.
    I was soooooo ready for the beat down.
    The old guy also established himself as an enormous asshole,
    LOL
    he will be a great big bad. We knew he was being set up as the bad guy but he hadn't really done anything unforgivable yet, this gives a more personal reason to hate him.
    Honestly, I never liked him from the beginning, he always seemed like a jerk to me.
    I would guess the fight is mostly over now, its not what I was expecting, it turned into more of a story advancement kind of thing rather than the awesome fight sequence it started out as.
    Yeah, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    I was soooooo ready for the beat down.
    Oh I was too, I was totally expecting a "oh crap we pushed him to far" moment from everyone. But what we got was far less predictable, and I'm sure he will give it to them someday. Maybe when he has the use of both arms and doesn't have a hole in his torso.

Honestly, I never liked him from the beginning, he always seemed like a jerk to me.
    Oh yeah he was a huge jerk but everything before was on a different level compared to refusing medical attention for the hero's dying girlfriend so he can use her as leverage. Even other people on his side seemed to be a little shocked at that. And all for what? Because dragon has a better breathing technique than him. Its just so incredibly petty. It just makes you want to see dragon and Chun Woo tear this guy and his organization apart.

Oh I was too, I was totally expecting a "oh crap we pushed him to far" moment from everyone. But what we got was far less predictable, and I'm sure he will give it to them someday. Maybe when he has the use of both arms and doesn't have a hole in his torso.

Oh yeah he was a huge jerk but everything before was on a different level compared to refusing medical attention for the hero's dying girlfriend so he can use her as leverage. Even other people on his side seemed to be a little shocked at that. And all for what? Because dragon has a better breathing technique than him. Its just so incredibly petty. It just makes you want to see dragon and Chun Woo tear this guy and his organization apart.
    Truth.

This manga is getting better and better as time goes on.

How is it in fiction, that helicopters can manage to make a dramatic entrance. They should have heard that thing from way way far away.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    How is it in fiction, that helicopters can manage to make a dramatic entrance. They should have heard that thing from way way far away.
    Let's say they were so focused they blocked out everything outside of what was happening in the fight. Which would also explain why nobody saw the guy with the gun.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I just checked this out after reading this thread.

This book is dope. I was like, "Awwwwwwwssheeeeeeeeeeeeeet!" when the kid started owning fools at his school.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    I just checked this out after reading this thread.
    Welcome to the party!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    This book is dope. I was like, "Awwwwwwwssheeeeeeeeeeeeeet!" when the kid started owning fools at his school.
    It is most satisfying isn't it. I feel proud of him.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 05-23-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Chapter 62 is out.........

What a bummer.

spoilers:
    Honestly I never really was able to get too attached to her character. She always seemed so manipulative.
    end of spoilers
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    spoilers:
    Honestly I never really was able to get too attached to her character. She always seemed so manipulative.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's sorta what I liked about her, she was different form your typical Orihime/Rukia type female lead. She seemed pretty cool, I will be annoyed if she is dead.
    end of spoilers

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Yep, but it was to be expected.

Anyway, they're still not off that damn rooftop. I think Sosul will get healed/"Super-mature-to-15" soon, they need a female replacement.
    Bad news everyone...

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Good chapter... but spoilers:
    I really like Shiho.
    end of spoilers
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

So, do you think she got shot again, or did she just hemorage?