Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    To be fair the guy has had to fight a floor of upper level martial artists while protecting someone, plus all the other stuff that has happened to him including his injured arm.

If Goomoonryong was at 100% the fight would probably be a lot more even or more likely in Goomoonryong's favor.
    I don't know, even fatigued and injured stopping Goomoonryong's fist with one finger and apparently no effort is a crazy feat. The Alliance Chief seems like a pretty powerful old man, certainly beyond the other Sect Chiefs we've seen thus far.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

If Goomoonryong was at 100% the fight would probably be a lot more even or more likely in Goomoonryong's favor.
    Come to think of it, we have never actually seen what he looks like at full power.

Remember when he got his arm broken it was because his ki was drained from using it to keep the kid form dieing when he ate the egg.

I wonder what he's like when going all out at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Come to think of it, we have never actually seen what he looks like at full power.

Remember when he got his arm broken it was because his ki was drained from using it to keep the kid form dieing when he ate the egg.

I wonder what he's like when going all out at 100%
    I'm waiting for a moment, when the chips are down and Goomoonryong is getting his arse handed to him by someone seriously powerful, he suddenly announces that he's been storing extra chi into his injured arm until it can be used.

And guess what? It just healed.

He then flexes his forearm and the plaster cast explodes off his arm and he one-shots the enemy.

That's going to be sweet! If it happens.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm waiting for a moment, when the chips are down and Goomoonryong is getting his arse handed to him by someone seriously powerful, he suddenly announces that he's been storing extra chi into his injured arm until it can be used.

And guess what? It just healed.

He then flexes his forearm and the plaster cast explodes off his arm and he one-shots the enemy.

That's going to be sweet! If it happens.
    That would be cool, but God help that geezer if he goes after Goomoonryong's woman did you see the rage on his face when he jacked that guy up out of nowhere!

I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    That would be cool, but God help that geezer if he goes after Goomoonryong's woman did you see the rage on his face when he jacked that guy up out of nowhere!

I loved it!
    Yeah, I've quite liked the interplay between Goomoonryong and Shiho. It's been handled quite well.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, I've quite liked the interplay between Goomoonryong and Shiho. It's been handled quite well.
    Ah, that's her name.*Man their names are worse that the japanese*

Yup, i've said it before but it's nice to see a relationship actually progress in an action book. (I'm looking at you Kenichi and Miu)
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 02-27-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Chapter 59 is out.....

Pretty much a whole chapter of the Dragon getting his face caved in. It aint pretty.

Chapter 60 is out........

Dragon getting shot in the back isn't exactly what I was hoping for an ending.

Biiiig cliffhanger here...

Follow me on Tumblr!

I read the first chapters of breaker but i do not think that i will continue reading. The main character is simply too pathetic, not because he is weak, but because he does not even try to fight back. It is not a shame to stand up and fight and then to loose but it is a shame if you let bully yourself without trying to fight back. It is a serious character flaw. He can get stronger by learning martial arts but a coward is a coward, no matter how strong.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I read the first chapters of breaker but i do not think that i will continue reading. The main character is simply too pathetic, not because he is weak, but because he does not even try to fight back. It is not a shame to stand up and fight and then to loose but it is a shame if you let bully yourself without trying to fight back. It is a serious character flaw. He can get stronger by learning martial arts but a coward is a coward, no matter how strong.
    Trust me, you better keep reading. He gets braver before getting stronger and it is awesome.

Trust me, you better keep reading. He gets braver before getting stronger and it is awesome.
    Okay, i followed your advice and it really got better, so i will keep reading.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Okay, i followed your advice and it really got better, so i will keep reading.
    Glad to hear it, Chun Woo slowly becoming badass is one of the high points of the manhwa for me.

What kind of anticlimactic business is this. Will we ever see Goomoonryong fight without a stack of handicaps against him?

Good lord these names are hard.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    Good lord these names are hard.
    Tell me about it. I thought Japanese names where rough but this, I just gave up and started calling him Dragon.