Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Breaker manhwa discussion

Alright, I dedicate this thread to all things Breaker.

So is this manhwa like Naruto done right?

I kid, I kid. The main character does kind of remind me of Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakasama View Post
    So is this manhwa like Naruto done right?

I kid, I kid. The main character does kind of remind me of Naruto.
    Like Naruto? Not at all. Naruto has nothing if not boundless confidence. Shin-woo has no confidence at all. He is getting stronger, but is still fairly timed and shy about things, nothing anyone would accuse Naruto of being.

I like the Breaker a lot, its a great martial arts story, fairly cliched I guess, but still good if you like those sort of stories.

Just saw the new chapters 43-52 which came out today and I gotta say wow. Nine Arts Dragon is even more of a beast than I thought! This is some serious pawnage going on and with a broken arm to boot! Plus his student is really shining through as well!

You know, I'm kinda growing annoyed that Chun-woo can't seem to trust Shin-woo enough to leave him alone, especially now that Shin-woo is skilled enough to give trouble to most of the martial artists after him.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    You know, I'm kinda growing annoyed that Chun-woo can't seem to trust Shin-woo enough to leave him alone, especially now that Shin-woo is skilled enough to give trouble to most of the martial artists after him.
    I see what your getting at, daddy can't leave his baby alone to fend for him self. But when you thing about it Shin-woo did get caught and if it weren't for the timely intervention of the two car drivers....... Not to mention he can't get into contact with is disciple, and memories of what those guy's did to him and his Master are playing over and over in his mind, so I will give him a pass based on that.

Plus, how much does he actually know of Shin-woo's abilities the kid is starting to make a name for himself, but the training was pretty much "I'll show you somthing once but I really didn't expect you to get it so quickly." and he is just blown away by the kid's natural talent.

Woo hoo!!! Chapter 54 just came out!!!

Chun-woo does nothing but keep the ownage going for all the would be assassins to enjoy, though I wish he would take it easy on the ladies, let his woman handle them ya know? It also looks like the shy day's of Shin-woo are gone forever he is probably going to be the baddest mofo of his generation really soon. And his reputation will only grow and grow form here!

I can't wait to see what Shin-woo can really do, we haven't really had a chance to see him go all out after his master left him! Next chapter is going to be pure awesome just you watch!
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 01-08-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Well The Breaker isn't Japanese but Korean. I do notice the Korean manhwa seems to have a certain brutality you don't get from Japanese manga. I mean, Korean heroes seem to be more jerkass and hit women more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakasama View Post
    Well The Breaker isn't Japanese but Korean. I do notice the Korean manhwa seems to have a certain brutality you don't get from Japanese manga. I mean, Korean heroes seem to be more jerkass and hit women more often.
    I know! Bad Dragon Bad! *hit's with newspaper*

No beating up on women!
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 01-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Woo hoo!!! Chapter 54 just came out!!!

The battles are still raging on!

Woo hoo!!! Chapter 56-58 just came out!!! *guess I forgot to post the one in between*

Anyway the battle is coming to a climax and the Dragon isn't looking so hot anymore. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 02-27-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Wow, that alliance chef is such a jerk. He's a coward, sure but he's smart coward.

BANNED

He stopped 9 arts dragon with a finger, just a while ago these guys were crapping themselves and had to lure him into an ambush, but the old guy was this strong all along, get the hell out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rud View Post
    He stopped 9 arts dragon with a finger, just a while ago these guys were crapping themselves and had to lure him into an ambush, but the old guy was this strong all along, get the hell out of here!
    I think it had much more to do with the fact that he was completely wasted and out of ki, and keep in mind he can only use one hand.(arm was broken before this mess even happened)

Quote Originally Posted by Rud View Post
    To be fair the guy has had to fight a floor of upper level martial artists while protecting someone, plus all the other stuff that has happened to him including his injured arm.

If Goomoonryong was at 100% the fight would probably be a lot more even or more likely in Goomoonryong's favor.