Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Elder Member Gail Simone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    in the yard
    Posts
    16,595

    Default Saw Bob Saget Last Night

    Foul mouthed dude, but a fun show. The audience was laughing so hard I could barely hear. Probably the fastest comedic mind I've ever seen.

    Not a brilliant show like Patton Oswalt, but still very funny Opening act was a guy named Ryan Stout, who had great material but did that thing I hate that some comedians do, where he keeps talking about how edgy his work is and how some of the audience is going to be left behind.

    Saget!
    Black Canary owns your world.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up in your face...
    Posts
    12,575

    Default

    Saget is just a total turnoff for me... never could get into him... plus those old Funniest Videos thing of his always annoyed me... the only exposure to him has been on TV alone... just seems like one unfunny and unimaginitive celeb...

    as Dennis Miller, would say, "I COULD be wrong"...

  3. #3
    Swing your razor wide. Grazzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Posts
    6,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Not a brilliant show like Patton Oswalt, but still very funny Opening act was a guy named Ryan Stout, who had great material but did that thing I hate that some comedians do, where he keeps talking about how edgy his work is and how some of the audience is going to be left behind.
    Speaking of Oswalt, wasn't he the one who said that if a comic describes himself as "edgy", you should be prepared for the most generic experience possible?

  4. #4
    Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireSTRIKE! View Post
    Saget is just a total turnoff for me... never could get into him... plus those old Funniest Videos thing of his always annoyed me... the only exposure to him has been on TV alone... just seems like one unfunny and unimaginitive celeb...

    as Dennis Miller, would say, "I COULD be wrong"...
    Or even worse that Funniest Videos Bob is Full House Bob. A nightmare that. But I believe he makes jokes about Full House Bob IN his filthy act. He hates Full House Bob almost as much as we do.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up in your face...
    Posts
    12,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Or even worse that Funniest Videos Bob is Full House Bob. A nightmare that. But I believe he makes jokes about Full House Bob IN his filthy act. He hates Full House Bob almost as much as we do.
    agreed... an annoying no-mind of a show...

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Foul mouthed dude, but a fun show. The audience was laughing so hard I could barely hear. Probably the fastest comedic mind I've ever seen.
    I had to be drug kicking and screaming to see him at "the comedy store" (IIRC), while I was still living in Los Angeles.....I tried really, really, really hard not to laugh cuz I didn't want to hear "I told you so"....I failed......

  7. #7
    Senior Member scandalsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    state of perpetual chaos
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Watch "The Aristocrats" if you want to see just how foul-mouthed Saget can be.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    27,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalsavage View Post
    Watch "The Aristocrats" if you want to see just how foul-mouthed Saget can be.
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way

  9. #9
    Senior Member scandalsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    state of perpetual chaos
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way
    Oh I'm so glad to hear that. It's always touch and go with that one, but I did find it very funny. I like her a lot.

  10. #10
    Swing your razor wide. Grazzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Posts
    6,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way
    My personal favourite version of the joke.

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    27,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalsavage View Post
    Oh I'm so glad to hear that. It's always touch and go with that one, but I did find it very funny. I like her a lot.
    You clearly have good taste honey *Hugs*

  12. #12
    Heavy Metal War Machine PatrickG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,193

    Default

    I remember just after high school, going on a wild goose chase for an alleged party in the woods with a group of friends. Eight or nine of us piled into two cars and went looking for it and went offroad mudding until we found a little campfire in the woods not far from Jimmy Carter's cabin where a guy who looked JUST like Bob Saget had a campfire and a goat.

    Weird times. It was a disappointment at the time but, in retrospect, what a story.

  13. #13
    Epic Toast! Tyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Or even worse that Funniest Videos Bob is Full House Bob. A nightmare that. But I believe he makes jokes about Full House Bob IN his filthy act. He hates Full House Bob almost as much as we do.
    Probably cause everyone remembers him as Full House Bob, the same way everyone remembers Lucy Lawless as Xena, Or Harry Winkler as the Fonz. Its hard to shake the perceptions.

    Even I have hard times coming to grasp that the real Bob Saget is nothing like Full House Bob.
    Zevran: "Hello my stocky little friend!"
    Oghren: "Huh. You got small breasts for a gal."
    Zevran: "Ah. This is where we begin the typical dwarven/elven rivalry, is it?"
    Oghren: "Nahhh." Dragon Age: Origins

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way
    I prefer the Gilbert version myself.

  15. #15
    wants to draw comics CassandraL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    873

    Default

    I still can't help but see him as the dorky Dad from Full House.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •