Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saw Bob Saget Last Night

Foul mouthed dude, but a fun show. The audience was laughing so hard I could barely hear. Probably the fastest comedic mind I've ever seen.

Not a brilliant show like Patton Oswalt, but still very funny Opening act was a guy named Ryan Stout, who had great material but did that thing I hate that some comedians do, where he keeps talking about how edgy his work is and how some of the audience is going to be left behind.

Saget!
    Black Canary owns your world.

BANNED

Saget is just a total turnoff for me... never could get into him... plus those old Funniest Videos thing of his always annoyed me... the only exposure to him has been on TV alone... just seems like one unfunny and unimaginitive celeb...

as Dennis Miller, would say, "I COULD be wrong"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Not a brilliant show like Patton Oswalt, but still very funny Opening act was a guy named Ryan Stout, who had great material but did that thing I hate that some comedians do, where he keeps talking about how edgy his work is and how some of the audience is going to be left behind.
    Speaking of Oswalt, wasn't he the one who said that if a comic describes himself as "edgy", you should be prepared for the most generic experience possible?

Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireSTRIKE! View Post
    Saget is just a total turnoff for me... never could get into him... plus those old Funniest Videos thing of his always annoyed me... the only exposure to him has been on TV alone... just seems like one unfunny and unimaginitive celeb...

as Dennis Miller, would say, "I COULD be wrong"...
    Or even worse that Funniest Videos Bob is Full House Bob. A nightmare that. But I believe he makes jokes about Full House Bob IN his filthy act. He hates Full House Bob almost as much as we do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Or even worse that Funniest Videos Bob is Full House Bob. A nightmare that. But I believe he makes jokes about Full House Bob IN his filthy act. He hates Full House Bob almost as much as we do.
    agreed... an annoying no-mind of a show...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Foul mouthed dude, but a fun show. The audience was laughing so hard I could barely hear. Probably the fastest comedic mind I've ever seen.
    I had to be drug kicking and screaming to see him at "the comedy store" (IIRC), while I was still living in Los Angeles.....I tried really, really, really hard not to laugh cuz I didn't want to hear "I told you so"....I failed......

Watch "The Aristocrats" if you want to see just how foul-mouthed Saget can be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scandalsavage View Post
    Watch "The Aristocrats" if you want to see just how foul-mouthed Saget can be.
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    I love Sarah Silverman's version of that joke personally. So deadpan and so very, very horrible. But in a funny way
    Oh I'm so glad to hear that. It's always touch and go with that one, but I did find it very funny. I like her a lot.

My personal favourite version of the joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scandalsavage View Post
    Oh I'm so glad to hear that. It's always touch and go with that one, but I did find it very funny. I like her a lot.
    You clearly have good taste honey *Hugs*

Heavy Metal War Machine PatrickG's Avatar

I remember just after high school, going on a wild goose chase for an alleged party in the woods with a group of friends. Eight or nine of us piled into two cars and went looking for it and went offroad mudding until we found a little campfire in the woods not far from Jimmy Carter's cabin where a guy who looked JUST like Bob Saget had a campfire and a goat.

Weird times. It was a disappointment at the time but, in retrospect, what a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Probably cause everyone remembers him as Full House Bob, the same way everyone remembers Lucy Lawless as Xena, Or Harry Winkler as the Fonz. Its hard to shake the perceptions.

Even I have hard times coming to grasp that the real Bob Saget is nothing like Full House Bob.
    Zevran: "Hello my stocky little friend!"
    Oghren: "Huh. You got small breasts for a gal."
    Zevran: "Ah. This is where we begin the typical dwarven/elven rivalry, is it?"
    Oghren: "Nahhh." Dragon Age: Origins

I prefer the Gilbert version myself.

wants to draw comics CassandraL's Avatar

I still can't help but see him as the dorky Dad from Full House.