Page 55 of 290 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

A day of mourning? That's awesome. I love the kind of secret mutual respect Doom and Tony Stark have for each other's abilities. It's what makes Iron Man #150 such a classic.

Speaking of DWTS ... Doctor Doom actually weaponized Reality TV back in the 90's ... errrr ... during the Guardians of the Galaxy run. Check it out.

"Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Doom is truly visionary!
    Who wrote that? It's genius.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Script Michael Gallagher
    Editing Craig Anderson; Lynaire Brust (assistant)

Published January 1993

visionary?
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Are my eyes deceiving me, or are Doom's cape, hood, and clasps now white in this FF #3 preview?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Dr. Doom would be the perfect husband. As Queen of Latveria, I would never get a speeding ticket. If I needed gravel for the garden, we could just invite over the Fantastic Four and get some boulders pulverized. AND Victor would be able to fix the garbage disposal AND make me a death ray whenever my hairdresser got too uppity with me. What could be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or are Doom's cape, hood, and clasps now white in this FF #3 preview?

Now that you mention it, I'd say you're right. At first I thought it was a colorist thing depicting shadow but the clasps have never been silvery (not counting Doom 2099). Maybe this is to camouflague him for PR reasons?? It's not like him to be a conformist though.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsinhell View Post
    Dr. Doom would be the perfect husband. As Queen of Latveria, I would never get a speeding ticket. If I needed gravel for the garden, we could just invite over the Fantastic Four and get some boulders pulverized. AND Victor would be able to fix the garbage disposal AND make me a death ray whenever my hairdresser got too uppity with me. What could be better?
    Who needs a car when you can have flying horses pulling a chariot awaiting you?

"...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Now that you mention it, I'd say you're right. At first I thought it was a colorist thing depicting shadow but the clasps have never been silvery (not counting Doom 2099). Maybe this is to camouflague him for PR reasons?? It's not like him to be a conformist though.
    I like to ponder the question of where exactly he got the white cape from, since he appears to be already wearing it when he arrives at the end of FF #1, and therefore the options are A, Valeria had it made for him in advance and he accepted it, or, B, he had it made himself just to rub everyone's faces in the fact that he's been asked to join.

Also, I love the hell out of the expressions in that bottom panel where Doom's leaning in to say something to Reed. There is definitely some sort of knife twisting going on there.

I was thinking about Morgan Le Fay today and it got me wondering, how many romantic relationships has Doom had? And how many were meaningful to him?
    I also wondered if you Doom fans read Captain Britain and the MI13, and what you thought of Dooms small showing in that. I loved that he pulled Meggan (a fellow Roma) out of hell and also screwed Dracula over.

Also I look forward to Morgan returning from the past and paying Victor a visit.
    Last edited by Aelle3; 04-20-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

BANNED

Is Doomwar worth checking?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    I was thinking about Morgan Le Fay today and it got me wondering, how many romantic relationships has Doom had? And how many were meaningful to him?
    I also wondered if you Doom fans read Captain Britain and the MI13, and what you thought of Dooms small showing in that. I loved that he pulled Meggan (a fellow Roma) out of hell and also screwed Dracula over.

Also I look forward to Morgan returning from the past and paying Victor a visit.
    I second that wish.

I loved how Paul Cornell wrote Doom in the Vampire Nation appearance and the fact that he showed Doom helping out a fellow Romani. It would be great to see that rivarly revisited. I wish there were more scenes like their meeting on the Moon. Cornell surprised me with his knowledge of Doomlore, like his title as Baron of the Korzoi and the time he was shown learning the mystic arts from Caliogostro in IM #149.

Some other women from Doom's past, and future (2099) are his childhood love Valeria and Margaretta, a genetic scientist who was his lover/rival in Doom 2099. There was also a bit of a flirtation with the Enchantress in Secret Wars that was followed up on in one of the last What If issues of the second volume where they ended up having a son together called Malefactor.

Another female associate of Doom were Lancer, his bodyguard on Planet Doom but that was more platonic. She was pretty loyal to him though.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    It was a mixed bag for me but BP fans are pretty upset about the scene with Bast. That was probably the highlight of the story. I thought it was great to see Doom had a global network supporting his various projects but then it was all pretty much trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Doom wins...so yes.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic writer View Post
    I like to ponder the question of where exactly he got the white cape from, since he appears to be already wearing it when he arrives at the end of FF #1, and therefore the options are A, Valeria had it made for him in advance and he accepted it, or, B, he had it made himself just to rub everyone's faces in the fact that he's been asked to join.

Also, I love the hell out of the expressions in that bottom panel where Doom's leaning in to say something to Reed. There is definitely some sort of knife twisting going on there.
    Yeah, I liked that panel too. Maybe he's rubbing it in that spoilers:
    the Council of Reeds have gone rogue and now he has to help clean up Reed's mess
    end of spoilers I wonder what will happen when he finds out about all the lobotomized Doom's they had down in the Hole. And if Valeria was the one that tells him about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was also a bit of a flirtation with the Enchantress in Secret Wars that was followed up on in one of the last What If issues of the second volume where they ended up having a son together called Malefactor.
    I loved the Vincent Von Doom/Malefactor character design for that What If AU. Such a great look. I'd be happy to see him pop up again somewhere.

When the Doom/Morgan Le Fay relationship resurfaced in Mighty Avengers I was actually wondering if that whole bit with Morgan being unhappy he wouldn't bring her back anything from the future was going to end in the pitter-patter of little baby Dooms. I guess it still could, with Morgan conveniently lost in the past, but it might end up being a bit redundant now that Hickman's brought Kristoff back into play.

Also, on the relationship front, there's the near-marriage with Wanda in Avengers: Children's Crusade. I'm hoping that plotline's not going to just get dropped once the action moves away from Latveria. I desperately want to see some kind of scene between Wanda and Doom after she's recovered her full memories. It seems to me that Wanda's the kind of person who's fair-minded enough to actually weigh Doom's reputation against the Victor she thought she knew instead of just rejecting the whole thing outright as a trick.

I loved the Vincent Von Doom/Malefactor character design for that What If AU. Such a great look. I'd be happy to see him pop up again somewhere..
    I find that Doom seems to lack trust in just about everyone, even those he's related to like Vincent or his own alternate reality selves (see PAD's X-Factor). I think he's just wired that way since there is such a history of persecution & betrayals in his early years. It's pretty much a survival mechanism with him it seems

When the Doom/Morgan Le Fay relationship resurfaced in Mighty Avengers I was actually wondering if that whole bit with Morgan being unhappy he wouldn't bring her back anything from the future was going to end in the pitter-patter of little baby Dooms. I guess it still could, with Morgan conveniently lost in the past, but it might end up being a bit redundant now that Hickman's brought Kristoff back into play.

Also, on the relationship front, there's the near-marriage with Wanda in Avengers: Children's Crusade. I'm hoping that plotline's not going to just get dropped once the action moves away from Latveria. I desperately want to see some kind of scene between Wanda and Doom after she's recovered her full memories. It seems to me that Wanda's the kind of person who's fair-minded enough to actually weigh Doom's reputation against the Victor she thought she knew instead of just rejecting the whole thing outright as a trick.

I feel the same way. Now that Simon is on the scene I am thinking that cold reality will take over. Wanda was pretty close to him and maybe Victor will realize that he will have to put aside their little "almost was". I'm hoping to see an adult resolution to this and not just a bunch of chest thumping and fisticuffs.

As for possible offspring, who knows? There's certainly a strong possibiity in light of his relationships with Valeria and Morgan. Magneto has about a half a dozen offspring running around, doesn't he? I'm not even sure how many Wolverine has these days. And then there is the strange case of Alexander Flynn.