Page 205 of 291 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4358
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe this is why Fraction is using that weird amalgam of Doom/Anni/Kang and not the real McCoy. We've really not seen Doom since Val, Nathaniel and Reed rescued him from his universe. Rheged and I have been suspecting Hickman might add him to his NA title. It could be a Super-Villain Team-Up reunion, the one we've been waiting for ever since Doom and Namor formed an alliance towards the end of all the Civil War crossovers
    As the Fantastic Four/FF writer, I think Fraction has "dibs" on Doom. And Fraction did state a big part of his FF run is Ant-Man wanting revenge against Doom.

(I wouldn't hold my breath for Hickman getting "dibs" on Doom for Avengers/New Avengers.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    As the Fantastic Four/FF writer, I think Fraction has "dibs" on Doom. And Fraction did state a big part of his FF run is Ant-Man wanting revenge against Doom.

(I wouldn't hold my breath for Hickman getting "dibs" on Doom for Avengers/New Avengers.)
    If you look at the solicits through April there's no mention of Doom being used in either of Fraction's titles. He does show up in tomorrows issue but that doesn't mean that the solicits are purposely vague about what's going on in February-April. That's plenty of time for Fraction to be done and it's highly unlikely Scott Lang do anything permanent IMO. When Hickman first started, he had to wait to do anything since Doom was in Fall of the Hulks, Black Panther with follow up in Doomwar and I think a few others that I'm forgetting. For a while he was all over the place. Hickman took advantage though and used the brain damage Doom got in FOH and worked it into his Fantastic Four.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

If you look at the solicits through April there's no mention of Doom being used in either of Fraction's titles. He does show up in tomorrows issue but that doesn't mean that the solicits are purposely vague about what's going on in February-April. That's plenty of time for Fraction to be done and it's highly unlikely Scott Lang do anything permanent IMO. When Hickman first started, he had to wait to do anything since Doom was in Fall of the Hulks, Black Panther with follow up in Doomwar and I think a few others that I'm forgetting. For a while he was all over the place. Hickman took advantage though and used the brain damage Doom got in FOH and worked it into his Fantastic Four.
    I think we're looking at a long term Doom story from Fraction. I actually expect the end of his run to show Ant-Man's confrontation against Doom. While Doom will probably show up around the Marvel Universe for a bit during the period of Fraction's FF run, I don't expect it to lead into anything big because of the FF stories.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Fraction's stated several times that Lang vs. Doom will be one of the big storylines of FF, and FF #3 outright states that "the war begins" concerning Doom. Also, the Doom/Kang/Annihilus hybrid is just in a future might not even exist--I highly doubt Fraction introcued the concept to use as a Doom proxy.

So Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange Triumph and Torment will be reprinted this August.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Strange-Doo...d_sim_sbs_b_12

Sorry if repost.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    So Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange Triumph and Torment will be reprinted this August.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Strange-Doo...d_sim_sbs_b_12

Sorry if repost.
    No need to apologize, I hadn't seen this announced anywhere! Great find and great news that this is finally seeing print again after about 25 years!

I see it also includes Triumph and Torment, Doctor Strange (1974) 57; material from Astonishing Tales (1970) 8, Marvel Fanfare (1982) 16, 43. I really don't know what is in those Marvel Fanfare issues. But I know Astonishing Tales has a another great Doom story by Gerry Conway and Gene Colan which shows us the bargain he made to try and gain redemption for his mother's soul.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

No need to apologize, I hadn't seen this announced anywhere! Great find and great news that this is finally seeing print again after about 25 years!

I see it also includes Triumph and Torment, Doctor Strange (1974) 57; material from Astonishing Tales (1970) 8, Marvel Fanfare (1982) 16, 43. I really don't know what is in those Marvel Fanfare issues. But I know Astonishing Tales has a another great Doom story by Gerry Conway and Gene Colan which shows us the bargain he made to try and gain redemption for his mother's soul.

If only its on OHC or even HC. But hey beggars cant be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    If only its on OHC or even HC. But hey beggars cant be choosers.
    At that price, I have to guess that won't be a hardcover. Back in its original publication there was the HC first and then a year or so later was the softcover IIRC.

Oh, I went back and pulled that out. With Epting, it's hard to tell. He simply might be doing just some alternate realities, possibly Hyperion's. But that one page with Black Bolt and Reed could be the Priests.
    I'm sure they are alternate realities, and I had the same thought about the floating guys in that panel. Can't wait to see if we are correct.

Yeah, I wish Marvel wouldn't tease their SVTU days and then do very little. But I liked that on panel in Namor's recently (and unfortunately) cancelled series where Namor talked about them fighting "back to back on Hydrobase". That was pretty cool that the writer brought that up in the Namor in Hell arc.
    It was cool to see Doom show up there, and wish there could have been more with that pair. Stuart Moore did his research for that Namor ongoing. He even had some of the sea monsters from FF Annual #1 in that run!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    The thread doesn't need to be derailed any more by SHSO talk, but before we go back to all that's Doom, I absolutely cannot wait to happen upon Baxter Plaza. This game is already rocking my socks and some, can't wait to get back to it today. BTW, as mentioned in my signature, my SHSO name is Astral Autumn Lasher.
    I enjoy seeing the SHSO Doom updates, myself.

Maybe this is why Fraction is using that weird amalgam of Doom/Anni/Kang and not the real McCoy. We've really not seen Doom since Val, Nathaniel and Reed rescued him from his universe. Rheged and I have been suspecting Hickman might add him to his NA title. It could be a Super-Villain Team-Up reunion, the one we've been waiting for ever since Doom and Namor formed an alliance towards the end of all the Civil War crossovers
    Yes! That MUST happen in New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Fraction's stated several times that Lang vs. Doom will be one of the big storylines of FF, and FF #3 outright states that "the war begins" concerning Doom. Also, the Doom/Kang/Annihilus hybrid is just in a future might not even exist--I highly doubt Fraction introcued the concept to use as a Doom proxy.
    Well, since I love Hickman's Doom, and always enjoy his team ups with Namor, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that Fraction doesn't have exclusive dibs. And I can't see him having that, considering how much Doom got used outside of the FF when Hickman was writing it.

I'm not really looking forward to Fraction's Doom, but he could prove me wrong.

That's weird. Marvel Fanfare 16 and 43 have the Mike Mignola Namor stories. I'll see if I can dig them out, but I don't recall them having either Dr. Doom or Dr. Strange stories in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I'm sure they are alternate realities, and I had the same thought about the floating guys in that panel. Can't wait to see if we are correct.
    Yes! That MUST happen in New Avengers.
    I know it is a longshot but just from some of his Formspring posts you would have to think that Hickman got a big kick out of writing Doom when he finally got his chance. If it does happen, you and I are going to look like geniuses.

It was cool to see Doom show up there, and wish there could have been more with that pair. Stuart Moore did his research for that Namor ongoing. He even had some of the sea monsters from FF Annual #1 in that run!
    I always bought Namor's books back in those days except I had drifted away from comics during the time of Byrne's run. I've picked up some issues here and there, particularly that story with Doom and I really liked his Namor. The only part I didn't think he needed to do is the part about Namor going bipolar when he's away from water. IMO Atlanteans would just have different value systems, etc from us air breathers and that would be good enough.

I enjoy seeing the SHSO Doom updates, myself.
    One of these days I have to figure out how to make a gif of his sarcastic slow clap or thumbs up/thumbs down.

Well, since I love Hickman's Doom, and always enjoy his team ups with Namor, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that Fraction doesn't have exclusive dibs. And I can't see him having that, considering how much Doom got used outside of the FF when Hickman was writing it.

I'm not really looking forward to Fraction's Doom, but he could prove me wrong.
    IMO it would be payback to allow Hickman to use Doom since he was in Loeb and Pak's Fall of the Hulks and I forget where else before he appeared in the Fantastic Four (except for that journey back to Reed, Victor and Ben's college days)

To me, this weird combined Doom of Fraction's is not like the real Doom anyway.

That's weird. Marvel Fanfare 16 and 43 have the Mike Mignola Namor stories. I'll see if I can dig them out, but I don't recall them having either Dr. Doom or Dr. Strange stories in them.
    I sure would like to know why it's included in the Triumph and Torment reprint. I have very few issues of that series.

To me, this weird combined Doom of Fraction's is not like the real Doom anyway.
    I think it's a pretty damn big mistake to assume that's the only Doom Fraction's going to use and that it's even going to show up outside of one panel, especially when Lang wants to end the present Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I think it's a pretty damn big mistake to assume that's the only Doom Fraction's going to use and that it's even going to show up outside of one panel, especially when Lang wants to end the present Doom.
    Stop being a Debbie Downer

Reed Richards' Apprentice Miss Fantastic's Avatar
    The Baxter Building (The 34th story, to be precise.)

A couple of incredibly cool, to say the least, goodies involving our man in Latveria I've happened upon lately:

A fairly recent statue made by a certain John Byrne: http://johnbyrnedraws.tumblr.com/pos...from-2010-john.

and

Some quite nifty and cute Doom earrings (believe it or not, save a pair for me...they'd look awesome next to my Reed earrings from the same seller ): http://www.etsy.com/listing/11101235...-doom-earrings.

"Honore et amore" - Richards Family Motto

The Fantastic Cometh!

SHSO - Plastic Fantastic Fungus / Lvl: 2000s / Sigs: Mister Fantastic & The Fantastic Four

Oh, those earrings are cute, Miss F. Looks like they were made from some Squinkies. My nieces and nephews have those.

Didn't know Byrne was experimenting with sculpting. It's too bad he doesn't want to do anything with Marvel and sort of burned his bridges behind him. His Fantastic Four is one of the great runs in comics.

Reed Richards' Apprentice Miss Fantastic's Avatar
    The Baxter Building (The 34th story, to be precise.)

Oh, those earrings are cute, Miss F. Looks like they were made from some Squinkies. My nieces and nephews have those.
    I honestly had never seen Squinkies until happening upon the earrings. All sorts of Marvel characters are featured. But disappointingly for F4 fans, Sue remains invisible from the line. Otherwise, if you have pierced ears, you can build up a fine alternating choice between the aforementioned Reed and Doom, Ben, Johnny (in both human and flame forms), and even Silver Surfer and Galactus. Pretty darn cool use of tiny toys, and they feel awesome too...light on your ears, and hardly know they're there with their being soft rubber instead of hard plastic (as I originally thought they'd be).

Didn't know Byrne was experimenting with sculpting. It's too bad he doesn't want to do anything with Marvel and sort of burned his bridges behind him. His Fantastic Four is one of the great runs in comics.
    Until seeing that, I had no idea Byrne had it in him to sculpt, and he's not half bad at it! Would love it if he had statues made and released to be bought a la the Bowen statues. But then again, I shudder to think what Byrne/his outfit would charge for such things. Bowen was/is bad enough...although it was a VERY GRACIOUS birthday gift to me, I'll never forget my 2001 Bowen Reed statue's cost: $150. I bet Byrne would put the price around twice that, at least.

But yes, it truly is a shame about Byrne and his former ties with Marvel. His F4 run was not only one of THE BEST in F4 and Marvel history, but I would dare say that it has remained the last absolute great one ever in all of the F4 franchise, save maybe, MAYBE Hickman's F4 run.
    "Honore et amore" - Richards Family Motto

The Fantastic Cometh!

SHSO - Plastic Fantastic Fungus / Lvl: 2000s / Sigs: Mister Fantastic & The Fantastic Four