Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlmoor View Post
    My son asked for a Doombear for Christmas after watching SHS.
    I know the Marvel site has some preview pix of some of the characters they're planning on releasing but so far just MODOK for villains IIRC. I have the MSH Doom that came out about a year before the series aired. Ironically, it was packaged along with with Sue. I don't know if they will relaunch some of the earlier characters. It would be cool to see Doom's giant Eye HQ at some point. They did have Superhero city last year around Christmas.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know the Marvel site has some preview pix of some of the characters they're planning on releasing but so far just MODOK for villains IIRC. I have the MSH Doom that came out about a year before the series aired. Ironically, it was packaged along with with Sue. I don't know if they will relaunch some of the earlier characters. It would be cool to see Doom's giant Eye HQ at some point. They did have Superhero city last year around Christmas.
    Could I like get Doom and give him little bear ears? Packaging with Sue was a nice touch. Should have come with Namor too........I think I just figured out what Doom wants for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Doom will not admit defeat even when he's beaten. He'll rather die defiant.
    That looks cool....that's Rachel Summers isn't it? What's that from?

One of my favorite is from JMS's run in FF#537 where we find him trapped back in Hell.

"...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Could I like get Doom and give him little bear ears? Packaging with Sue was a nice touch. Should have come with Namor too........I think I just figured out what Doom wants for Christmas.
    LOL... If it has anything to do with Namor, I think they're due for a huge breakup in Doomwar. I wonder if Namor will be the one to tell Shuri that Doom almost killed Black Panther in this weeks BP?

I think Doom's teddy bear was eaten by squirrels when he was a child in Latveria It probably accounts for his vulnerability to Squirrel Girl.

LOL... If it has anything to do with Namor, I think they're due for a huge breakup in Doomwar. I wonder if Namor will be the one to tell Shuri that Doom almost killed Black Panther in this weeks BP?

I think Doom's teddy bear was eaten by squirrels when he was a child in Latveria It probably accounts for his vulnerability to Squirrel Girl.
    LOL. Poor Doom. All of a sudden everything is forgiven. He just needs a hug. I need to catch up on WTF is going on with Doom War. I have read zero BP and the last time I saw Doom he was telling Osborne to fix him a sandwich (figuratively of course). Is there somewhere I can get a quick sum up?

LOL. Poor Doom. All of a sudden everything is forgiven. He just needs a hug. I need to catch up on WTF is going on with Doom War. I have read zero BP and the last time I saw Doom he was telling Osborne to fix him a sandwich (figuratively of course). Is there somewhere I can get a quick sum up?

A few weeks back, Marvel had a key BP comic up on there Free Mondays. You could try this link for Black Panther #2

What had happened was that Namor invited T'Challa to Latveria and after he turns Namor down, Doom confronts him in the courtyard (see the issue link above).

What's been happening is that T'Challa has been going though a long recuperation and now he is training himself in magic and having his body guards the Dora Milaje learn new combat techniques to account for the Doombots. He has steadfastly refused to tell any of the Royal Family who attacked him. I hope we learn why in this issue or perhaps issue #12. I suspect it might be one of pride but we shall see.

In the meantime, Doom has planted evidence that makes it appear that Namor attacked and has made some alliances with some dissident Wakandas who disagree with the Royal Family's policies. He probably is also behind some of the economic problems like crops failing, banks going under (although that may be more due to the supremely evil cabals of Goldma/Sachs, etc.
    In short though, I think Doom wants to get his hands on some of Wakanda's vibranium for his armor, etc. He failed to do that once a long time ago in Astonishing Tales #7.

A few weeks back, Marvel had a key BP comic up on there Free Mondays. You could try this link for Black Panther #2

What had happened was that Namor invited T'Challa to Latveria and after he turns Namor down, Doom confronts him in the courtyard (see the issue link above).

What's been happening is that T'Challa has been going though a long recuperation and now he is training himself in magic and having his body guards the Dora Milaje learn new combat techniques to account for the Doombots. He has steadfastly refused to tell any of the Royal Family who attacked him. I hope we learn why in this issue or perhaps issue #12. I suspect it might be one of pride but we shall see.

In the meantime, Doom has planted evidence that makes it appear that Namor attacked and has made some alliances with some dissident Wakandas who disagree with the Royal Family's policies. He probably is also behind some of the economic problems like crops failing, banks going under (although that may be more due to the supremely evil cabals of Goldma/Sachs, etc.
    In short though, I think Doom wants to get his hands on some of Wakanda's vibranium for his armor, etc. He failed to do that once a long time ago in Astonishing Tales #7.

]
    Interesting. I bet in the end, Namor is faced with Doom betraying him in some way. Do you think Doom is using Namor as a buffer since he is playing all nice with the good guys now? It would make sense as to why he was so pissy with Norman.

Interesting. I bet in the end, Namor is faced with Doom betraying him in some way. Do you think Doom is using Namor as a buffer since he is playing all nice with the good guys now? It would make sense as to why he was so pissy with Norman.
    Their relationship is so fluid it's hard to tell what's going on with them. I would like to find out if Namor knew about the attack or not. For sure Doom is pinning it on him now and it may be he feels Namor is ungrateful for running off to join Scott and the others. It may like a little game of one up manship... He was going to break up with Namor at some point. We saw that in his reverie involving keeping Emma and Fem-Loki as trophy slaves in the Cabal one shot earlier this year. It might be one of those situations where he's mad because Namor broke up first. Still, Victor's grievance with Osborn about Namor does come off as a bit odd, knowing what he's been up to in BP. Sometimes that's a problem when many writers touch the same character in multiple story lines.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-15-2009 at 11:09 AM.

They're relationship is so fluid it's hard to tell what's going on with them. I would like to find out if Namor knew about the attack or not. For sure Doom is pinning it on him now and it may be he feels Namor is ungrateful for running off to join Scott and the others. It may like a little game of one up manship... He was going to break up with Namor at some point. We saw that in his reverie involving keeping Emma and Fem-Loki as trophy slaves in the Cabal one shot earlier this year) It might be one of those situations where he's mad because Namor broke up first. Still, Victor's grievance with Osborn about Namor does come off as a bit odd, knowing what he's been up to in BP. Sometimes that's a problem when many writers touch the same character in multiple story lines.
    Doom seems like the planner and guile is much more his thing. Namor is more in your face about everything, no matter how stupid being in ones face is. I could see Namor having a bit of a freak out if he finds out hes being played. Of course Doom probably planned for that as well. Does Namor know about the whole library thing?

Doom seems like the planner and guile is much more his thing. Namor is more in your face about everything, no matter how stupid being in ones face is. I could see Namor having a bit of a freak out if he finds out hes being played. Of course Doom probably planned for that as well. Does Namor know about the whole library thing?
    Not getting the reference to the library ... Did I forget something?

After all the history they have together, Namor shouldn't be too surprised about anything Doom does. He's probably being proactive against being manipulated and it could be why he had second thoughts about staying in Latveria. Once he saw his chance to leave, he took it and he only looked at it as temporary arrangement I'm sure. Besides, it may have gotten a bit crowed with all those Asgardians hanging about.

Not getting the reference to the library ... Did I forget something?

After all the history they have together, Namor shouldn't be too surprised about anything Doom does. He's probably being proactive against being manipulated and it could be why he had second thoughts about staying in Latveria. Once he saw his chance to leave, he took it and he only looked at it as temporary arrangement I'm sure. Besides, it may have gotten a bit crowed with all those Asgardians hanging about.
    My kid reads hulk and I caught that Fall of Hulks Alpha spoilers:
    Doom worked with a bunch of crazy people like MODOK. Leader, Egghead, and a few other people I have not seen since 1973, to get the library from Atlantis. I did not know if this was a retelling of an old story or a new twist. But they went in after the fall (I think) and stole it. The details are fuzzy. But Doom has the Atlantean library.
    end of spoilers

Oh, I know what you mean now. Doom didn't go on any of the missions...in fact the Red Ghost kind of busted him on that but he agreed to act as the keeper for all the artifacts. It wasn't mentioned but they could have gotten some intel from Doom since he had been in Atlantis for a while in SVTU. After what he did to the rest of the Intelligencia, I'm sure there's going to be some payback down the road. I think he shows up later to tackle the Hulk in an upcoming issue.

The ironic thing is that he proposed keeping things safe since he could provide a secure location yet in Bendis's MA and DA and then with MOD running amok it seemed like Latveria and Castle Doom was getting destroyed every other month. But then he has that wicked cool time cube thing that can rebuild stuff.

That looks cool....that's Rachel Summers isn't it? What's that from?
    What if issue 25 - what if the marvel superheroes lost atlantis attack.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Their relationship is so fluid it's hard to tell what's going on with them. I would like to find out if Namor knew about the attack or not. For sure Doom is pinning it on him now and it may be he feels Namor is ungrateful for running off to join Scott and the others.
    you know what this reminds me of? Morgan Le Fey flipping out when she used her scrying pool to spy on the Cabal. she wigged out because he was sitting next to Loki aka Chesty La Rue. let's be honest. Doom's having a Jan Brady moment because Namor's hanging out with Magneto. this is a real streak for Mags. he lured away Cyclops as well.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    you know what this reminds me of? Morgan Le Fey flipping out when she used her scrying pool to spy on the Cabal. she wigged out because he was sitting next to Loki aka Chesty La Rue. let's be honest. Doom's having a Jan Brady moment because Namor's hanging out with Magneto. this is a real streak for Mags. he lured away Cyclops as well.
    He has a habit of people throwing themselves at him. The real question is, is he upset that Namor traded up, or that he know feels Mags is off the market?

My favorite element of Old Man Logan was that Mags took Vegas. Doom got stuck with anceint Emma, while Mags spent his last days surrounded by showgirls and blow.