Page 1 of 290 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Doctor Doom Appreciation

First off, I give complete credit to Iron Maiden for the inspiration of this idea (thanks IM)...second, I am surprised this had not been done sooner...

Now on to official Latverian business:

I have to say since being a comic book collector since I was 12 and now currently 29, I have never read about a character that has fascinated me as much as Dr. Doom...his Shakespearean-like dialogue, his ego, his ambitious nature...the fact he is just a man who would dare to challenge the gods and WIN...his awesome armor, his determination and the fact that in the last 3 years or so...Doom has been EVERYWHERE in the MU...it is truly a great time to be a Doom fan...I remember my first exposure to anything Doom related was when I was collecting the Marvel Godzilla comics from the 70s (I am a HUGE Godzilla fan)...Richards planned on sending Godzilla back to the Dinosaur age using Doom's time machine. From there, my father who was a big comic book collector growing up (who for the record, had Doom's 1st app when he was a kid...D'OH!), starting buying me some Doom comics...my first read...was Secret Wars # 10...the freakin' bada** cover with Doom on one knee, armor damaged but just looking so cool...

Way to go Doom....take over the world, take over the universe...you will have support from this Doom loyalist...Now if we can just get a proper film version of Doom...the plan will be complete...

Want a list of quality Doom material? Check out this post--Acro.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 09-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.

I support this thread......................................I hope that does effect people posting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

]
    Okay, so if that is not photoshoped, mind sharing where it is from? I have limited Doom knowledge.

and as johnny storm would say, "Flame on" :P
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science. - Preston Manning

Quote Originally Posted by jlmoor View Post
    Okay, so if that is not photoshoped, mind sharing where it is from? I have limited Doom knowledge.
    If i'm not wrong , it's from the Deadpool/GLI Summer fun spectacular.

Last edited by marshal99; 12-11-2009 at 08:27 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkEqdDJOFow

Stan Lee talks about character development (well kinda) talks about Doom a bit. I thought it was fun

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    First off, I give complete credit to Iron Maiden for the inspiration of this idea (thanks IM)...second, I am surprised this had not been done sooner...

Now on to official Latverian business:

I have to say since being a comic book collector since I was 12 and now currently 29, I have never read about a character that has fascinated me as much as Dr. Doom...his Shakespearean-like dialogue, his ego, his ambitious nature...the fact he is just a man who would dare to challenge the gods and WIN...his awesome armor, his determination and the fact that in the last 3 years or so...Doom has been EVERYWHERE in the MU...it is truly a great time to be a Doom fan...I remember my first exposure to anything Doom related was when I was collecting the Marvel Godzilla comics from the 70s (I am a HUGE Godzilla fan)...Richards planned on sending Godzilla back to the Dinosaur age using Doom's time machine. From there, my father who was a big comic book collector growing up (who for the record, had Doom's 1st app when he was a kid...D'OH!), starting buying me some Doom comics...my first read...was Secret Wars # 10...the freakin' bada** cover with Doom on one knee, armor damaged but just looking so cool...

Way to go Doom....take over the world, take over the universe...you will have support from this Doom loyalist...Now if we can just get a proper film version of Doom...the plan will be complete...
    Thanks for starting this off! Now to wipe the stink of feral creatures of this thread, the cover of SW #10 would be a great cover to start off with

But even that image pales to the sheer awesomeness of
    SANTA DOOM!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by jlmoor View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkEqdDJOFow

Stan Lee talks about character development (well kinda) talks about Doom a bit. I thought it was fun
    Thanks for the link and your support! I wish I could find the link to an old convention interview that was filmed with Jack Kirby discussing his thoughts on Doom. I remember he compared him the the gangsters he remembered in old New York.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for starting this off! Now to wipe the stink of feral creatures of this thread, the cover of SW #10 would be a great cover to start off with

SANTA DOOM![/B]

]
    Amazed you didn't start thread!
    Santa Doom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Santa Batman

I don't want to be a feral creature

SANTA DOOM!

First of all, allow me to thank you for posting that bad-ass image of Santa Doom. I did not feel like Christmas was coming until I saw that image. Now I'm in the mood for Christmas. This is definitely one of my all time favorite Dr. Doom moments/pictures. Any idea who wrote/drew it or where it's from?

And to keep up the awesomeness that is Dr.Doom, here are some more great Dr.Doom covers, both done by John Byrne:

"Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

"I'm being ignored more than Roderick Kingsley"--Me.
    "Dorkiest joke ever. Use it at parties."--Steve Wacker (AKA J Jonah Wacker).

Quote Originally Posted by Billium 3 View Post
    First of all, allow me to thank you for posting that bad-ass image of Santa Doom. I did not feel like Christmas was coming until I saw that image. Now I'm in the mood for Christmas. This is definitely one of my all time favorite Dr. Doom moments/pictures. Any idea who wrote/drew it or where it's from?
    If i'm not wrong , it was drawn by Byrne for What the ?!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    If i'm not wrong , it was drawn by Byrne for What the ?!
    Thank you very much. They need to make a Marvel Legend of Santa Doom.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

"I'm being ignored more than Roderick Kingsley"--Me.
    "Dorkiest joke ever. Use it at parties."--Steve Wacker (AKA J Jonah Wacker).

Heck yeah, I'd buy that action figure. I pay tribute to Santa Doom every year at Alvaro's FF board.
    It's a Scott Lobdell story with Byrne as the artist.

Here's the cover, complete with the Red Skull of all people in the logo box though. If you think Doom is over the top as Santa, it's really whack to see a Nazi on a Christmas Special comic. I like how on the title page Byrne has his sitting alone with one extremely long Christmas stocking hanging from the fireplace mantle. No puny stocking for Doom!

It's probably just me but I always find that there's a goofy kind of affection for Doctor Doom among all the villains. This is probably why he figures pretty prominently in Toyfares's Twisted Theater stuff too. The only one that rivals him lately is Marvel's use of MODOK on their website and as one of Doom's main henchmen in the Superhero Squad cartoon.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-11-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Heck yeah, I'd guy that action figure. I pay tribute to Santa Doom every year at Alvaro's FF board.
    It's a Scott Lobdell story with Byrne as the artist.

Here's the cover, complete with the Red Skull of all people in the logo box though. If you think Doom is over the top as Santa, it's really whack to see a Nazi on a Christmas Special comic. I like how on the title page Byrne has his sitting alone with one extremely long Christmas stocking hanging from the fireplace mantle. No puny stocking for Doom!

It's probably just me but I always find that there's a goofy kind of affection for Doctor Doom among all the villains. This is probably why he figures pretty prominently in Toyfares's Twisted Theater stuff too. The only one that rivals him lately is Marvel's use of MODOK on their website and as one of Doom's main henchmen in the Superhero Squad cartoon.
    ]
    I am going to look for this issue right now!!!
    Doom is going to be super popular with the little people and MODOK (the K stands for kissing in the cartoon) because of SHS.

Doom is so getting a lump of coal for Christmas.

What would be on Doom' s Christmas list?