Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Process of the Artist: Omar Francia on "Mass Effect"

Artist Omar Francia walked CBR News through the artistic process he used to create the world of "Mass Effect: Redemption," Dark Horse's January-debuting mini-series based on the popular Bioware video game.

Full article here.

Interesting! I have NO knowledge of the video game, other than the fact that it exists, but it's very nice of Francia to take us through his process here... always fascinating... I quite like the look, too!

that is amazing. the use of the 3D models are a time saver, if you're using the models that were created for the game. but it's great to see i'm not the only one that uses the thumb to finish process.

peace out
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Prov 19:21

Art

Quote Originally Posted by Bevbos View Post
    Interesting! I have NO knowledge of the video game, other than the fact that it exists, but it's very nice of Francia to take us through his process here... always fascinating... I quite like the look, too!
    I'm a huge video game nerd and Mass Effect is my favorite game of the last 10 years, if not of all time. The game is truly amazing and I can't wait for the comics. I got chills just looking at how it's created.

I think Dark Horse does a hell of a job with the video game comics. I wasn't really into comics but I was a huge video game fan. I started reading video game comics and eventually led me to DC comics like Batman, Green Lantern, Blackest Night, and even some Marvel comics like X-Men and Cap. I am a huge comic nerd now thanks to Dark Horse and the way they mold the two mediums.

Can't wait to read it!

RocknRoll Colorist

I'm a big fan of Mass Effect.

I would have loved to work on this book myself.
    Everyone did a great job on it.

If you read this, Omar, Michael well done!

I'm not usually one for video game licensed comics but this actually looks good. I love Mass Effect and having Liara as the lead is excellent. I might just have to pick this up in January. Great article by the way, it is always fun to see the process that goes into making great comics like this :)