Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have to give it to LK, even though he is the father of abridged series, the guy is still pretty damn talented, even in his parody of a parody.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Animation & Illustration

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Way to fail at the internet, man.
    No kidding... this is a new phenomena to me.

Seems harmlessly silly, though. Looks like the kinda thing that would be popular in a video room at a Con, mostly amongst fans who would get the jokes. What's the grief?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm also glad that LK isn't touching Yugioh GX because these guys totally have it covered.
    Abridged Chazz is awesome.

Crowler: "And now, Chazz is going to duel you and finally GET HIS REVENGE!"

Jaden: "Err...what?"

Chazz: "It's Crowler, Jaden. Just nod and duel."
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    And the Syrus Rap is made of awesome and win.
    Can't compare to his brother though.

Jaden: *Epic speech about how he fights for others, love and justi-*

Zane: "Yeah, you lose."

*Boom*

That's why I love Keroro Gunsou so much. Two complete stories every friday night. Sometimes, 20 or more stories in on episode!

i haven't looked at many after the Yiguoh one, tried to watch one of the naruto ones but the voices / lines were just plan dumb. Not that i was expecting much, but at least take sometime to really think about what your going to show and what your going to say.

The Juggernaut video was great though it did largely seem improvised but it was the exception to the above. Also people actually developing good voices can only help to improve some of those.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

So Team Four Star just finished their second season of DBZ

http://teamfourstar.com/

Funny enough its actually making the front page of youtube right now, so its def. broken through popularity wise.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i love dbza

"did you miss?"
    "How could i miss?"
    "I dunno, how did ya?"

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

For the most part abridged series don't work. I fins that the creators don't have good jokes, don't know how to edit a video, and just think that making people stupid is funny in and of itself. Too few of these 'abridgers' know that making characters likable is as important as eliciting a few chuckles. Sailor Moon Abridged falls into that trap from the start and never tries to recover. And for the life of me I have no idea why Alternate Reality DBZ got so popular. It had like one memorable joke in it's entire run. Cell-"My aim is as good as ever! Now Gohan is dead and their is no one who...crap I hit Trunks. Whoopsie daisy-I mean I meant to do that. Trunks was clearly a huge threat to me and needed to be eliminated." That was actually funny.

Yugioh and DBZ Abridged are awesome though. Especially Team Four Star's work. They top the 'pecking order' for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So Team Four Star just finished their second season of DBZ

http://teamfourstar.com/

Funny enough its actually making the front page of youtube right now, so its def. broken through popularity wise.
    I'm kinda hoping that Lanipator will get back to working on YYH Abridged before working on the third season.

And God, do I miss Yugioh GX Abridged and Naruto Abridged.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Team Four Star are a very slick group. Good writing, excellent performers and great editors. DBZA is probably the best abridged series around at the moment.

I also have a great love of purpleeyeswtf's work. He's a lot more random and anarchic with his humour but it works for me. None Piece episode 2 slays me.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

I just discovered Fate/Stay Night abridged and I'm somewhat surprised. It manages to be hilarious yet take itself semi-seriously by following the plot and keeping the characters' personalities relatively in-tact. I also like its interpretation of Shirou and Saber(especially Saber's sexy british accent). Oh, and Archer being a Kirk/Han Solo hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Team Four Star are a very slick group. Good writing, excellent performers and great editors. DBZA is probably the best abridged series around at the moment.
    It helps that Team Four Star was formed in the first place by pretty much the guys who made the best abridged series getting together.

Basically they all already had experience doing it and were good enough individually to become popular. Makes sense that putting them all together would result in the best group.