View Poll Results: Who is stronger?

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Justice Leage

50 50.00%
  • Avengers

22 22.00%
  • Depends

28 28.00%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who's stronger, the Avengers or the Justice League?

I think Justice leage is stronger, altough I prefer Avengers

BANNED

Justice League stomps on the Avengers. They have Flash, Martian Manhunter & Superman, who each on their own could pretty much solo most Avengers teams. The only version of the Avengers that have a slight chance are the Dark Avengers because of Sentry / Void.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

I think the Sentry is stronger than any member of the Justice League, but overall they are more powerful.

It also depends on which incarnation you're talking about. If it's Morrison's JLA, sorry, they're not going to beat that.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

This might be more of a Rumbles Board question.

But anyways, right now I don't think the League is that uber. They've got people Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Red Tornado, Green Lantern, Frrestorm... not a weak team by any means, but it's not that particularly uber. It lacks the class 100 speedsters that are typically their trademark.

With no Superman or Martian Manhunter, I think I'd give to the Avengers right now. There are A LOT of Avengers, and guys like Sentry will be a HUGE difference maker.

Firstly depends on the Avengers Team, With the Sentry on board, Dark and old mighty might have a fighting chance. But everyone else gets their asses thrashed, as seen in JLA/Avengers where Superman takes down Thor, who is one of their strongest members

Thor (or ares) and Sentry mean the avengers win

The Justice League is by and far more powerful than the Avengers.

And before people say "Sentry", Ion, Spectre and the Phantom Stranger are members of the Justice League so there's that.

Practically EVERY superhero in D.C. universe was a Justice League at one point or another. With the exception of some Titans but even that now is changing.

If you REALLY wanna go by canon, than EVERY single person on DC Earth was a member of the Justice League during the Mageddon storyarc.

Current lineup? The JLA have no problems beating the New Avengers. Dark Avengers is basically JLA vs. Sentry since everyone else gets creamed in the first wave.

BANNED

9 out of 10 times, the JLA would destroy the Avengers, Sentry or no Sentry.

of the CBR Illuminati! Sabrinaset's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post
    And before people say "Sentry", Ion, Spectre and the Phantom Stranger are members of the Justice League so there's that.
    The Spectre is a member of the Justice SOCIETY.

Which Avengers and which Justice League?

An Avengers team with Doctor Strange, Sentry, Sersi, Quasar and Photon on it would utterly merk the Detroit League and nearly any two members of the Sattelite Era League would demolish the Cap's kooky quartet.

Since Marvel is all about the underdog triumphing the most powerful Avengers haven't really ever been on the same team at the same time (unless you count the Galactic Storm era Avengers as one team)

The five Avengers i mention above could bring nearly any Avengers team on Par with the JLA.

Depends on the lineups. But JLA is a safer bet.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

Generally the Justice League but it also depends on the line-up as well.

Some lineups are more powerful than others.

Practically EVERY superhero in D.C. universe was a Justice League at one point or another. With the exception of some Titans but even that now is changing.

If you REALLY wanna go by canon, than EVERY single person on DC Earth was a member of the Justice League during the Mageddon storyarc.
    The same can be said for the Avengers, a lot of superheroes have been Avengers.

But as to your other point, one can easily pick a roster of Avengers that can beat a traditional JLA lineup.

Current lineup? The JLA have no problems beating the New Avengers. Dark Avengers is basically JLA vs. Sentry since everyone else gets creamed in the first wave.
    I don't think it's just Sentry that the present JLA would have to worry about.

Sentry is obviously the big gun (which in my view gives them the win), but Ares, Hercules, Vision, Pym, and Ms. Marvel are all very credible threats.

comic fan from Slovakia Hromovlad's Avatar

That's a easy one
    the Justice League of Avengers!

but really, let's do a countdown (no, not THAT Countdown) of the greatest muscles to ever have joined either teams

Justice League
    Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (three of them!), Green Lantern (four), Martian Manhunter, Phantom Stranger (a nearly god-like being), Firestorm (two, the elemental of fire), Red Tornado (the elemental of wind), Zatanna, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Doctor Fate, Orion (son of Darkseid), Animal Man (damn fourth-wall braking reality-jumper and avatar of animal-life), Power Girl, Etrigan and who knows just how many members of the Hawk-clan
    Batman's brain is a nice bonus to this amount of fire-power

Avengers
    Thor, Hulk, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Hercules, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Captain Britain, Namor, Sentry, Doctor Strange and Ares
    With the leadership of Captain America and the arsenal of Iron Man

hm, I think the Justice League would win
    Simply much more fire-power
    Last edited by Hromovlad; 11-28-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    I'm from middle-Europe.
    This is where I get my comics from.
    My experiences with comics are different than yours.
    Live with it!