Page 4 of 672 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman_rj View Post
    i like carol cos she is hot, dress in trampy revealing suit and is fat
    she should be the spokesperson for Campbell's Chunky Soup.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I live my life by Carol Danvers.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Ya know, i just dont get all the Fat Carol jokes. Looking at her bio she only weights a 127 pds while the often compared "slim" Mockingbird weighs in at about 135. I just dont see how the Fat comment has ANY traction whatsoever other than a lame in house joke insult. And its been mentioned so many times that i'm thinking the writers (namely Bendis) is just dissing her for the fun of it.

Sure we've seen Carol put away a few pints of Ben & Jerry, but as said earlier in her solo, she never gains weight from eating alot of junkfood (damn lucky skank!).

Fat!? C'mon Carol is ultra in shape! She's strong!!
    Captain Marvel / Psylocke / Monet

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPsyguy View Post
    Fat!? C'mon Carol is ultra in shape! She's strong!!
    the Blob was strong.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

There's just more of her to love.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Carol is not fat, she's just curvy in the right places. And evil villains such as Dr Doom, the Wrecker, and Monty Cristo like to tease her just because she's got some junk in the trunk.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Hey everyone, I normally post over in the Spidey section, but I had some questions about Ms. Marvel.

She went away for a long time (during the eighties) when Rouge stole her powers and absorbed part of Ms. Marvel's psyche. How did Ms. Marvel come back? And are these two bitter enemies? Also, Ms. Marvel seems to be more powerful then Rouge was, is this true?

Guess, I could go to Wiki and figure it out, but what fun would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Combustible Pumpkins View Post
    Hey everyone, I normally post over in the Spidey section, but I had some questions about Ms. Marvel.

She went away for a long time (during the eighties) when Rouge stole her powers and absorbed part of Ms. Marvel's psyche. How did Ms. Marvel come back? And are these two bitter enemies? Also, Ms. Marvel seems to be more powerful then Rouge was, is this true?

Guess, I could go to Wiki and figure it out, but what fun would that be?
    She was rescued by Spider-Woman and Professor X helped Carol getting out of her coma. Then she found out Rogue was becoming one X-Man and she left the Mansion. Since then, she's back to the Avengers! Ms Marvel and Rogue were still enemies, even both of them being heroes. But last time they battled they made peace. Even worked together. Yes Carol is much more powerful than Rogue. For example Rogue didn't steal her Energy Beam. Just her super strenght and self powered flight. Even those... weren't the full Ms Marvel potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Combustible Pumpkins View Post
    She went away for a long time (during the eighties) when Rouge stole her powers and absorbed part of Ms. Marvel's psyche. How did Ms. Marvel come back?
    After Carol lost her Ms Marvel powers to Rogue, she was abducted by the alien Brood, who experimented on her and changed her into the cosmic-powered Binary. As Binary, she was more powerful than she was as Ms Marvel. Eventually her Binary powers faded, bringing her back down to her normal Ms Marvel power levels.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    After Carol lost her Ms Marvel powers to Rogue, she was abducted by the alien Brood, who experimented on her and changed her into the cosmic-powered Binary. As Binary, she was more powerful than she was as Ms Marvel. Eventually her Binary powers faded, bringing her back down to her normal Ms Marvel power levels.
    Yea definelty!

*spoilers*

But it seems like she can go into Binary mode when the situation dictates, although at great cost. I can recall her going Binary 3 times, one when Storyteller Boy willed it (ala Scarlet Witch style), another when she needed the extra juice to throwdown with a Brood Queen, and the last when she was taking on some super duper powered terrorist which then resulted into her blowing up and turning into raw energy or something. I never was quite clear wtf was going on during that whole story arc, cant use her powers (?), spidey finagled a date out of her (kinda lame, but cute especially after that annual), want to kill normie (understandable), blew up and turned into raw energy after fight with Mr Terrorist, Moonstone jacked her old outfit and had a few issues to muck things up before she inevitably came back.

Did i leave anything out? Other than her other appearences in other series not acknowledge the fact that she got "killed" however long it was.

Edit: And if only all women were "fat" like Ms Marvel, heh, one can dream ;)
    Last edited by Warhammer3025; 12-01-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Snark

Never seen Ms MArvel as fat.. she's always superfit! They must be joking wih her! Cause she loves junk food!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer3025 View Post
    *spoilers*

But it seems like she can go into Binary mode when the situation dictates, although at great cost. I can recall her going Binary 3 times, one when Storyteller Boy willed it (ala Scarlet Witch style), another when she needed the extra juice to throwdown with a Brood Queen, and the last when she was taking on some super duper powered terrorist which then resulted into her blowing up and turning into raw energy or something. I never was quite clear wtf was going on during that whole story arc, cant use her powers (?), spidey finagled a date out of her (kinda lame, but cute especially after that annual), want to kill normie (understandable), blew up and turned into raw energy after fight with Mr Terrorist, Moonstone jacked her old outfit and had a few issues to muck things up before she inevitably came back.

Did i leave anything out? Other than her other appearences in other series not acknowledge the fact that she got "killed" however long it was.

Edit: And if only all women were "fat" like Ms Marvel, heh, one can dream ;)

I won't even attempt to explain that whole super terrorist/pure energy/death/alive again thing because... well... I can't.

But I will pose a theory.

Carol can absorb energy. Dump more energy into her, and it powers her up. We've seen her use this purposefully in New Avengers where she's had Spider-Woman unload a ton of venom blasts into her, thus giving her enough juice to take out a whole room in one burst. My theory is, if she is loaded with enough energy (and by enough, I mean a LOT... more than she'd ever be able to get outside of extreme circumstances) she can access her Binary form. It's sort of the pinnacle of her power levels.

She accessed her Binary form briefly once in New Avengers during the "Collective" story arc... and only after taking a huge blow from Michael Pointer.

Not every instance supports this. (The Storyteller mucks with reality. Logic doesn't have to apply! And, Cru from that whole Brood incident was just mucking with her very being.) But it's an idea, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPsyguy View Post
    She was rescued by Spider-Woman and Professor X helped Carol getting out of her coma. Then she found out Rogue was becoming one X-Man and she left the Mansion. Since then, she's back to the Avengers! Ms Marvel and Rogue were still enemies, even both of them being heroes. But last time they battled they made peace. Even worked together. Yes Carol is much more powerful than Rogue. For example Rogue didn't steal her Energy Beam. Just her super strenght and self powered flight. Even those... weren't the full Ms Marvel potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I won't even attempt to explain that whole super terrorist/pure energy/death/alive again thing because... well... I can't.

But I will pose a theory.

Carol can absorb energy. Dump more energy into her, and it powers her up. We've seen her use this purposefully in New Avengers where she's had Spider-Woman unload a ton of venom blasts into her, thus giving her enough juice to take out a whole room in one burst. My theory is, if she is loaded with enough energy (and by enough, I mean a LOT... more than she'd ever be able to get outside of extreme circumstances) she can access her Binary form. It's sort of the pinnacle of her power levels.

She accessed her Binary form briefly once in New Avengers during the "Collective" story arc... and only after taking a huge blow from Michael Pointer.

Not every instance supports this. (The Storyteller mucks with reality. Logic doesn't have to apply! And, Cru from that whole Brood incident was just mucking with her very being.) But it's an idea, I suppose.
    Hey, thanks you guys! All this is very interesting. I think someone should develop Rouge and Marvels' relationship more. That would kickass. I vaguely remember Binary and I love them Brood, the new Astonishing X-Men showcases them very well, imo.

Do you guys think Ms. Marvel will start a new series soon after the current one (which ends after #50)? Maybe she really does have potential to become more popular.