Page 379 of 672 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 10079

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder if the combination of these 2 articles leads to a valid (and exciting) possible conclusion re: casting Carol?
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...rowdignite.com
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ed-carpet.html
    Between those two, I definitely prefer Emily Blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post

One of the Wolverine Handbooks mentioned the lovers thing.

It is also interesting to note that Marvel published a reprint of Giant-Sized X-Men back in 1983, and the comic contained a backup story of Kitty and Illyana touring the X-Mansion.

http://gentlemenofleisure1.blogspot....n-x-men-1.html

The girls went into each X-Man's room in the mansion, where the decor matched each character's personalities - Nightcrawler's room had a jungle gym, Storm's room had lots of plants, Colossus's room featured his paintings, etc. In Wolverine's room, among various Japanese trappings, two framed photographs could be seen. One was of Mariko Yashida, and the other is Carol Danvers. Carol's photo being right next to Mariko's definitely implied that Carol and Logan are/were very close.

That of course was 30 years ago. I'm surprised that Logan's and Carol's relationship hasn't been explored in more depth since. It's been mentioned here and there, but considering the huge amount of Wolverine stories published since then, I would have thought they would have gone into more detail by now.

Maybe Kelly Sue will finally define what exactly went on between these two.

Here is that panel I mentioned earlier.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Wow. That is just so... odd. I have no idea what to make of that. I'm curious now!

Thanks for digging that up.

Wasn't Wolvie a bit pissed at Rogue for messing with Carol's powers at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    Wasn't Wolvie a bit pissed at Rogue for messing with Carol's powers at one point?
    When Rogue first joined the X-Men, Wolvie was pretty much the last holdout in accepting her, yeah. He only finally came to accept her after Rogue sacrificed herself to protect Mariko.

I know Carol and Logan have a history while she was in the Air Force and before he was in Weapon X but can't seem to find where that lives in the Marvel Universe. Do you know where I might find those stories?
    Favorite Characters: Natasha Romanova, Caron Danvers, Dinah Lance, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop
    Favorite Books: Black Widow, Lazarus, Velvet, Captain Marvel, Red Sonja, Rat Queens

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I know Carol and Logan have a history while she was in the Air Force and before he was in Weapon X but can't seem to find where that lives in the Marvel Universe. Do you know where I might find those stories?
    To my recollection, the only thing of much substance that you will find depicted on panel (as opposed to just being something alluded to) is from a random miniseries from about 10-15 years ago:

"Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm and Logan"

Carol has a pretty big role in this. It takes place before she got powers, before Ben became the Thing, and when Wolvie was working for the Canadian Gov't. However, even this implies it wasn't the first tome Carol and Logan ran into each other... but it doesn't give any information on when or why that may have been.

The rest... just a lot of vague implications that they had worked together, knew each other, were close, etc... but no real information on that history.

There is also the Logan : Shadow Society one-shot featuring Logan and Carol in their early days. But the continuity is a bit wonky, as mentioned here:

http://notblogx.blogspot.com/2010/03...mber-1996.html
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

There is also the Logan : Shadow Society one-shot featuring Logan and Carol in their early days. But the continuity is a bit wonky, as mentioned here:

http://notblogx.blogspot.com/2010/03...mber-1996.html
    I forgot about that.

I feel like I need to write a letter now:

Dear Ms. DeConnick. This is confusing and weird. Please use your next storyline to explain what was up with Carol and Logan in the nebulous period of time that we shall define as "the past." Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I forgot about that.

Dear Ms. DeConnick. This is confusing and weird. Please use your next storyline to explain what was up with Carol and Logan in the nebulous period of time that we shall define as "the past." Thank you.
    Or you can just reach her on Twitter or her Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    Or you can just reach her on Twitter or her Tumblr.
    You're making me feel old, and I don't even qualify myself as old!

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm just being my usual semi-hyperbolic self right now.

The curious one.

When Rogue first joined the X-Men, Wolvie was pretty much the last holdout in accepting her, yeah. He only finally came to accept her after Rogue sacrificed herself to protect Mariko.
    I often wondered how Carol felt about him doing that. I also felt it was a manipulative stunt by the writer to force more people to accept Rogue. But then if nothing else the X-men accepting Rogue in my opinion showed a real disloyalty to Carol.

I forgot about that.

Thanks for your responses! And, yes, I would love to see KSD explore their history!
    Favorite Characters: Natasha Romanova, Caron Danvers, Dinah Lance, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop
    Favorite Books: Black Widow, Lazarus, Velvet, Captain Marvel, Red Sonja, Rat Queens

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb Ms. Marvel Article

FEATURE: Super Heroines Wanted!
    New heroine for next up and coming Avengers movie anybody? I vote for the glorious Ms. Marvel
    vlust - 5/7/2012

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=59293

"While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

I was reading the book "Marvel: The Untold Story" and they mentioned at some point in the 60s they wanted to come up with a female character for female readers and the writer(I don't remember the name Englehart, maybe?) wanted the come up with a smallish type of bookish girl that would gain super-strength in moment of stress. But the Marvel marketing department wanted a tall hot woman in that role so that boys would like the character too. Not too long after they tied her origin to Captain Marvel and Carol Denvers/Ms. Marvel was born. I guess the original character got split up between Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk, maybe?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!