Page 291 of 672 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 10079
    BANNED

The Last Son of Krypton

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Surprisingly, I really like Carol as Captain Marvel, and I love this pic.

Some very nice Michael Golden art from the classic Avengers Annual #10, which was a very important piece of Carol's history.

Back when the "Avengers Annual" was being produced, Michael produced several sketches for the cover, but they were not used. This is a commissioned piece of one of the sketches that Michael proposed for the Annual.

Since this annual was mentioned in the Spider-Woman Appreciation thread, I figured I'd post this art here in Carol's thread.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

The curious one.

When you think about it, between the way the Avengers abandoned her to Marcus, the X-Men abandoned her for Rogue and what Rogue did to her and the fact that she forgive them all anyway Carol is probably the most forgiving person I can think of in comics. You can do anything to her and she'll forgive you sooner or later.

Mark_S.

I think they need to explore what happened to Carol's psyche more thoroughly on that. Having only carbon copies of your memories w/o the sentiments brings a questionable state of mind. She had to re-establish her friendship with Logan. Becoming Binary might have overcompensated some insecurities she might have had from feeling incomplete.

The Last Son of Krypton

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    I think they need to explore what happened to Carol's psyche more thoroughly on that. Having only carbon copies of your memories w/o the sentiments brings a questionable state of mind. She had to re-establish her friendship with Logan. Becoming Binary might have overcompensated some insecurities she might have had from feeling incomplete.
    Agreed.

P.S What should Carol Danvers be called if she ever appears in a live action film? Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird, or Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by It's Superman; 07-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Superman View Post
    Agreed.

P.S What should Carol Danvers be called if she ever appears in a live action film? Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird, or Captain Marvel.
    I totally vote for Ms.Marvel or Captain Marvel.
    Captain Marvel / Psylocke / Monet

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    When you think about it, between the way the Avengers abandoned her to Marcus, the X-Men abandoned her for Rogue and what Rogue did to her and the fact that she forgive them all anyway Carol is probably the most forgiving person I can think of in comics. You can do anything to her and she'll forgive you sooner or later.

Mark_S.
    Co-sign on that. She's like Matt Murdock, but on a higher power scale. :P

Actually...Carol hasn't *forgiven* Rogue yet, has she? Not hating and forgiveness are two different things.
    Last edited by albone; 07-25-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post

I thought she worked all of that out in the early 20's of the last series? Like with Cru and the Brood and all that. No?
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Treated meself to this yesterday...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mms.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	97754

Up until now, I couldn't really justify buying it, despite how awesome it clearly is. However, with the release of Captain Marvel #1, it occurred to me that thanks to the art and that costume, I won't be buying the book. And on the basis that Captain Marvel lasts as long as Carol's previous book, then I'll be saving the best part of about 125 quid, and the statue cost less than half that.

So I got a sweet statue and I'm still £65 up! Bargain!

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post

Actually...Carol hasn't *forgiven* Rogue yet, has she? Not hating and forgiveness are two different things.
    She seems to have buried the hatred to Rogue in X-men Legacy. But whether she
    has forgiven her thats another thing.

I thought she worked all of that out in the early 20's of the last series? Like with Cru and the Brood and all that. No?
    I meant they should revisit those years and compare her current state of mind. After Xavier rebuilt her memories, you have to wonder if she ever second guessed herself. She quickly regained her fighting instincts and enjoy flying again because of her adventures with the X-Men and Starjammers. But did she ever question if she could still feel the same about the things in her life - even small things like her favorite food and music?

I love Ms Marvel, seriously, her character is one of Marvels greatest.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I cannot read the scene in Contest of Champions II as Carol not forgiving Rogue.

"What's between us can't be undone, but perhaps it can be forgiven."

Pretty much sums it up, imo.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

With this one panel of "Avenging Spider-Man" Deconnick has won my benefit of the doubt as writer for the adventures of Carol Danvers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marvel.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	97798
    (Darnit, I really wish we had the Dodsons as regular artists though...)