Page 291 of 672 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 10079
  1. #4351
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,415

    Default




  2. #4352
    The Last Son of Krypton
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Surprisingly, I really like Carol as Captain Marvel, and I love this pic.

  3. #4353

    Default



    Some very nice Michael Golden art from the classic Avengers Annual #10, which was a very important piece of Carol's history.

    Back when the "Avengers Annual" was being produced, Michael produced several sketches for the cover, but they were not used. This is a commissioned piece of one of the sketches that Michael proposed for the Annual.

    Since this annual was mentioned in the Spider-Woman Appreciation thread, I figured I'd post this art here in Carol's thread.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

  4. #4354
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    When you think about it, between the way the Avengers abandoned her to Marcus, the X-Men abandoned her for Rogue and what Rogue did to her and the fact that she forgive them all anyway Carol is probably the most forgiving person I can think of in comics. You can do anything to her and she'll forgive you sooner or later.

    Mark_S.

  5. #4355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,136

    Default

    I think they need to explore what happened to Carol's psyche more thoroughly on that. Having only carbon copies of your memories w/o the sentiments brings a questionable state of mind. She had to re-establish her friendship with Logan. Becoming Binary might have overcompensated some insecurities she might have had from feeling incomplete.

  6. #4356
    The Last Son of Krypton
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    I think they need to explore what happened to Carol's psyche more thoroughly on that. Having only carbon copies of your memories w/o the sentiments brings a questionable state of mind. She had to re-establish her friendship with Logan. Becoming Binary might have overcompensated some insecurities she might have had from feeling incomplete.
    Agreed.


    P.S What should Carol Danvers be called if she ever appears in a live action film? Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird, or Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by It's Superman; 07-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.

  7. #4357
    Rock Me baby MrPsyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cavern X, RIO
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Superman View Post
    Agreed.


    P.S What should Carol Danvers be called if she ever appears in a live action film? Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird, or Captain Marvel.
    I totally vote for Ms.Marvel or Captain Marvel.
    Captain Marvel / Psylocke / Monet

  8. #4358
    Jabbroni albone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    When you think about it, between the way the Avengers abandoned her to Marcus, the X-Men abandoned her for Rogue and what Rogue did to her and the fact that she forgive them all anyway Carol is probably the most forgiving person I can think of in comics. You can do anything to her and she'll forgive you sooner or later.

    Mark_S.
    Co-sign on that. She's like Matt Murdock, but on a higher power scale. :P

    Actually...Carol hasn't *forgiven* Rogue yet, has she? Not hating and forgiveness are two different things.
    Last edited by albone; 07-25-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

  9. #4359
    Jabbroni albone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    I think they need to explore what happened to Carol's psyche more thoroughly on that. Having only carbon copies of your memories w/o the sentiments brings a questionable state of mind. She had to re-establish her friendship with Logan. Becoming Binary might have overcompensated some insecurities she might have had from feeling incomplete.

    I thought she worked all of that out in the early 20's of the last series? Like with Cru and the Brood and all that. No?
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

  10. #4360
    Senior Member Ed Sizzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Treated meself to this yesterday...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mms.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	97754

    Up until now, I couldn't really justify buying it, despite how awesome it clearly is. However, with the release of Captain Marvel #1, it occurred to me that thanks to the art and that costume, I won't be buying the book. And on the basis that Captain Marvel lasts as long as Carol's previous book, then I'll be saving the best part of about 125 quid, and the statue cost less than half that.

    So I got a sweet statue and I'm still £65 up! Bargain!

    "The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

  11. #4361
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Co-sign on that. She's like Matt Murdock, but on a higher power scale. :P

    Actually...Carol hasn't *forgiven* Rogue yet, has she? Not hating and forgiveness are two different things.
    She seems to have buried the hatred to Rogue in X-men Legacy. But whether she
    has forgiven her thats another thing.

  12. #4362
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    I thought she worked all of that out in the early 20's of the last series? Like with Cru and the Brood and all that. No?
    I meant they should revisit those years and compare her current state of mind. After Xavier rebuilt her memories, you have to wonder if she ever second guessed herself. She quickly regained her fighting instincts and enjoy flying again because of her adventures with the X-Men and Starjammers. But did she ever question if she could still feel the same about the things in her life - even small things like her favorite food and music?

  13. #4363
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    17,024

    Default

    I love Ms Marvel, seriously, her character is one of Marvels greatest.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  14. #4364
    MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Co-sign on that. She's like Matt Murdock, but on a higher power scale. :P

    Actually...Carol hasn't *forgiven* Rogue yet, has she? Not hating and forgiveness are two different things.
    I cannot read the scene in Contest of Champions II as Carol not forgiving Rogue.

    "What's between us can't be undone, but perhaps it can be forgiven."

    Pretty much sums it up, imo.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  15. #4365
    Senior Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    With this one panel of "Avenging Spider-Man" Deconnick has won my benefit of the doubt as writer for the adventures of Carol Danvers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marvel.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	97798
    (Darnit, I really wish we had the Dodsons as regular artists though...)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •