Page 207 of 672 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10079
    a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post

By Drew Johnson. Yowza. Those legs could crush Thanos.

I hope someone colors this.

I wish Drew did more work in comics (and could maintain a monthly schedule), he's one of my favorite artists! Maybe he and the Dodsons could alternate arcs??? Yes, I know I'm dreaming.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Every time someone posts a new picture of the new costume, one or two people will respond and say "Actually, it's not that bad", and I wonder if maybe I'm being too harsh by still thinking it's awful on every conceivable level.

And then someone posts a picture like this...
    ...and I know I'm right.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    ...and I know I'm right.
    And I know you're not. That costume makes her look like she got dressed for a chilly autumn day and forgot her jeans. It's absurdly imbalanced.

Johnson's sketch is nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    And I know you're not. That costume makes her look like she got dressed for a chilly autumn day and forgot her jeans. It's absurdly imbalanced.

Johnson's sketch is nice, though.
    And the new one makes her look like she's several product endorsement patches short of stepping into a NASCAR race... or a scuba tank and goggles short of going for a dive, so that makes you wrong too.

whoops, stuff happens
    Last edited by Old Sparky; 04-26-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: double posted

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    And the new one makes her look like she's several product endorsement patches short of stepping into a NASCAR race... or a scuba tank and goggles short of going for a dive, so that makes you wrong too.
    She'll be flying planes, going into space, and doing other things that are comparable to racing cars and deep sea diving, so how exactly am I wrong? This new costume certainly isn't my favorite, but it's an aesthetic drawn from the character herself and not some tired viewpoint laden with nostalgia and sexual frustration.
    Last edited by Deus ex Chris; 04-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.

She'll be flying planes, going into space, and doing other things that are comparable to racing cars and deep sea diving, so how exactly am I wrong?
    Because she's not a deep sea diver or racing car driver. She's a super hero, but the costume doesn't make her look all that super. And she can and has flown without a plane... putting her in a red & blue flight suit doesn't make her seem any more "I R serious hero now" than Thor wearing heavier armor these days makes him seem more tough and badass.

Ive made this Women Of Marvel Collection video! Hope u like it!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vb9sgtIFYM
    Captain Marvel / Psylocke / Monet

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    Because she's not a deep sea diver or racing car driver. She's a super hero, but the costume doesn't make her look all that super. And she can and has flown without a plane... putting her in a red & blue flight suit doesn't make her seem any more "I R serious hero now" than Thor wearing heavier armor these days makes him seem more tough and badass.
    I don't think that was the point of Thor's new costume. They wanted the design to reflect the fact that he's a warrior god, and it does. Both designs have been derived from the characters themselves rather than--again--some tired point of view on what superhero costumes are supposed to look like. There are plenty of back issues available in which you can recapture your childhood, if those old costumes mean that much to you.

I don't think that was the point of Thor's new costume. They wanted the design to reflect the fact that he's a warrior god, and it does. Both designs have been derived from the characters themselves rather than--again--some tired point of view on what superhero costumes are supposed to look like. There are plenty of back issues available in which you can recapture your childhood, if those old costumes mean that much to you.
    The old Thor costume didn't look any more superheroey than the current armor does. But it did make Thor seem like a tougher warrior because he could wade into battle without that full body armor... why? Because he's not just a warrior, but a warrior god. Now he looks like a warrior god who's afraid to get scratched... and fear doesn't exactly inspire that warrior god thing that he's had going for him for decades. This isn't about recapturing my childhood, its about the redesigns themselves suck. And what exactly do you mean that the designs are derived from the characters themselves? Last time I checked, they're fictional characters being drawn and written by other people... and those people's vision of the characters are where the designs are derived. I don't share their vision... in fact, I'm outright calling their vision into question. Some people like... others do not.

This isn't about wanting to see more skin on Carol --as I've stated on more than one occasion that her current costume design would be fine if it was extended to cover more-- or wanting a more superheroish appearance for Thor. I could live with Thor's current costume design if they just dropped that cheesy armor which looks more like grey pajama sleeves sticking out from under his outfit most of the time. I'm not anti-change, I'm just anti-bad change. So stop assigning to me what you think are my reasons for not liking stuff because it doesn't support your statements in the least.

Lots of people are currently producing Captain Marvel fan art, and I have decided to join the club. Here is my version.

Quote Originally Posted by schlumpf View Post
    Lots of people are currently producing Captain Marvel fan art, and I have decided to join the club. Here is my version.

Cool. Could you do an illustration that has her fighting against:

Gamora

and

Viper

I want to see Monica Rambeau in this outfit since Carol won't be using it..

Any thoughts on if this new Carol exposure might finally score us color reprints of her original Ms. Marvel series? They could knock it out in two thick Classic volumes. I will absolutely buy five of each issue of her new series if it gets us any closer to that outcome :)