Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: COMMENTARY TRACK: "Image United" #1

Series writer Robert Kirkman and series/layout artist Rob Liefeld provide CBR readers with an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the creation process for the first issue of of the highly anticipated "Image United."

Full article here.

The whole Image United story is a great idea. But I'm looking at the pages and while they all look gorgeous, something about each character just seems out of place for all of them. At least on the splash pages. And the dialogue itself, based on what I read, just doesn't read right. I'm a bit iffy on this series.

NEVERENDS comic artist Beto_Machado's Avatar

Huge Image fan, a fan of most of these characters.

Didn't like it. Clunky, choppy narrative. Pass.

I picked up the first issue (awesome Jim Lee cover) with hopes that this might be an enroad for me into some Image titles. I like what im seeing so far.

im so disappointed by this book. i really wanted to like it
    "i love you daddy" and all of a sudden it's the best day of my life

Well, this is a unique, kind of historic art jam up. That's the big deal.

Story wise..all the players take the stage. That's about it. There's a lot of players..everybody gets a little setup. Cool shot of Omega Spawn...who seems to be like the Darkseid of the Image Universe.

But mainly, it's about the art. And it makes a lot of sense. When I was a kid...Flash in Justice League didn't look like Flash in his own book. and so on.

I wish they'd a had Curt Swan drawing Superman. Gil Kane doing Green Lantern, Infantino doing Flash...and so on...in teamup books...back in the day. I woulda flipped out.

It's a cool book for an intro...hopefully it will get more into the story in the followups.

Weird, the characters didn't feel disjointed to me. Surprisingly, the art read well enough. Everything was bright and shiny-- which really makes sense with these creators.

Nothing much happened plotwise, mostly set-ups. It does seem the story is gonna be a popcorn comic, but again, I guess that makes sense for this project.

Love my Silvestri cover. Good job on the matte cover too, looks gorgeous.

the spawn thing still pisses me off.
    CLAREMONT4LIFE