Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CUP O' JOE: Thor On Film, Back-Up Stories & More

Fresh from a trip to Los Angeles, joe returns to tease his and Brian Michael Bendis' latest round of meetings on Kenneth Branagh's "Thor," give his take on DC Comics' top six showing in the October sales chart, talk back-up features and more.

Full article here.

Why is Bendis in those production meetings?

His compliments and congrats to DC for Blackest Night and Batman and Robin is great to see.

Shows some class and professionalism.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    His compliments and congrats to DC for Blackest Night and Batman and Robin is great to see.

Shows some class and professionalism.
    Agreed and I really wonder if Siege can beat Blackest Night. By that time BN will have so much momentum it'll be hard to beat, but if it can that'll be huge for the comics biz. Nice to see Marvel and DC both killing it -- now maybe we'll get a company cross-over going again sometime soon.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Oh yeah.

GL and Nova would be cool.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

I'm also glad to see the way he gave props to the competition. No matter if Siege manages to beat out Blackest Night, we're still guaranteed a big January.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    um, didn't he say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Quesada View Post
    We're just additional idea guys and an extra set of eyes. We listen to the big ideas and story beats and play a little creative kick the can.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Because it's clear everyone at Marvel Studios wants him there, as they feel he can provide input on the world and characters involved. Also, he wrote the coda to the first Iron Man film wherein Stark meets Fury; granted, he scripted seven minutes and you can't have a seven minute long post-credits sequence, but hey, he wrote it, and hey, that's something, too.

Why was Matt Fraction in the Iron Man 2 pre-production meetings? Jon Favreau personally requested his presence.

Why was Dave Gibbons involved in the Watchmen pre-production meetings? Zack Snyder asked him to be.

Geoff Johns is working on the Shazam movie; Marc Guggenheim is co-scripting on Green Lantern; do I really need to go on? I, personally, think it's great that they're involving comic pros in the page-to-screen process.

See, everyone? I can do it. I sort of just said something kind of nice about Geoff Johns maybe if you look at it from a very specific angle. I'm growing as a person!
    I rule me.

Bendis is a great guy to have in an meeting IMHO.

He knows his characters.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Bendis is there to crack jokes about Thor speaking in Sharesperian English.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Bendis is a great guy to have in an meeting IMHO.

He knows his characters.
    IMHO Bendis does know his characters, but he doesn't have much of a handle on Marvels characters.

It's nice to see Joe act like an adult with class, I hope he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin Crowe View Post
    Because it's clear everyone at Marvel Studios wants him there, as they feel he can provide input on the world and characters involved. Also, he wrote the coda to the first Iron Man film wherein Stark meets Fury; granted, he scripted seven minutes and you can't have a seven minute long post-credits sequence, but hey, he wrote it, and hey, that's something, too.

Why was Matt Fraction in the Iron Man 2 pre-production meetings? Jon Favreau personally requested his presence.

Why was Dave Gibbons involved in the Watchmen pre-production meetings? Zack Snyder asked him to be.

Geoff Johns is working on the Shazam movie; Marc Guggenheim is co-scripting on Green Lantern; do I really need to go on? I, personally, think it's great that they're involving comic pros in the page-to-screen process.

See, everyone? I can do it. I sort of just said something kind of nice about Geoff Johns maybe if you look at it from a very specific angle. I'm growing as a person!
    Why are people that work the actual comic asked to help?
    Well... they work on the ACTUAL comic.
    Marc Gug started as a screenwriter.

What does Bendis got on Thor?

I like to see post Fall Of Hulks is the only REAL She-Hulk Jen Walters take over back up incredible hulk. No way actually sanity going to reign and we won't be seeing much of Jen or Bruce post FOH. Which is sad. What would be worse is if they make Jen savage on more regular basis. That would be dumb becaue throws away years of character development. It wouldn't surprise me because no at marvel actually cares about the characters anymore. You can keep pushing Lyra and Red Shrulk but no will care. They are inferor versions of Jen. Of course there are people who say Jen is nothing but inferor version of Bruce but hey she has become a great in her own right. There is no real good reason to throw her away. By the way split between fans doesn't really count as good reason.
    By the way I really hope Siege beats up Blackest Night in sales because it's a over hyped piece of garbage. BN is Dragonball Z of Comic Books. Maybe Siege will actually bring some sanity back to marvel. Like wolverine only x-men. Thor, Cap, Iron Man in avengers.

Why are people that work the actual comic asked to help?
    Well... they work on the ACTUAL comic.
    Marc Gug started as a screenwriter.

What does Bendis got on Thor?
    He is doing Siege so there's that.

Otherwise JMS would have been in that position but he already has a lot of irons in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    He is doing Siege so there's that.

Otherwise JMS would have been in that position but he already has a lot of irons in the fire.
    That's true.
    But seeing his record of characterizations..... im worried for the film.