Page 294 of 345 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5162

Quote Originally Posted by Alicorn View Post
    Well i remember watching Kylie on Neighbours when i was a small child.. Her music isn't really to my taste but i've always thought she was a massive babe.. I think in Australia even if you don't like Kylie's music you still love and respect her.

This is my second post ever and i am very excited about being able to express my love for Dazzler with people who actually read comics...

Anyways i am working on a Dazzler statue at the moment.. If you guys like i can post a pic of progress and then the final product.

Also i really enjoyed X-treme X-men.. It was bloody good to have a story with Dazzler as the main protagonist.
    Welcome! I saw your post in the X-Treme review thread and was going to invite you over here but it looks like you managed to find your way just fine! :)

Here at the ol' Dazzler thread, I think you'll find that we are much nicer and supportive of each others opinions and talents than the general X-Fandom so please...tell us your thoughts on Dazz till you're blue in the face and, by all means, let's see that statue! We've had drawings and custom figures before, but I think this'll be the first custom statue!
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

@Alicorn Yes please share your pics!

So, I finally got around to purchasing the Dazzler One-Shot (along with some of the other Dazzler centric issues I was recommended), and I just have to say that has got to be one of the best Dazzler stories I have read since her solo series. I almost cried at how good it was. I honestly wish Jim McCann was writing her all the time. It was so nice to finally see Dazzler have some introspection on her life and everything that has happened to her since her solo. I especially loved the part where she was on the phone with her mom and panels showing what she really wishes she could say to her. Plus the use of her various powers against Arcades robots and Klaw was awesome too. I hope we get some of this from Pak in X-Treme X-Men.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome.... I bloody love Dazzler.

Um, sorry to sound simple but i just tried to put up an image and it didn't work, i'll rectify this soon.
    Last edited by Alicorn; 08-05-2012 at 02:36 AM.

It's still a work in progress.. Have still a lot more carving to do.
    The sculpture is made from a model plasticine and i intend on making a mould from it so i can cast it with a polyurethane resin.

Last edited by Alicorn; 08-05-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicorn View Post
    It's still a work in progress.. Have still a lot more carving to do.
    The sculpture is made from a model plasticine and i intend on making a mould from it so i can cast it with a polyurethane resin.

Amazing! Really great work. Most folks don't love her modern X-Uniform, but I do...especially when it's rendered in silver/black. Which color scheme are you planning on using?

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    Amazing! Really great work. Most folks don't love her modern X-Uniform, but I do...especially when it's rendered in silver/black. Which color scheme are you planning on using?
    I agree! Amazing statue! I really like her modern uniform and hope that it is not discarded in favor of street clothes now that she is in X-Treme X. I thought that X-Treme #1 was promising, and would honestly rather she be doing this than joining the Avengers in the Marvel Now insanity that is occurring in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outbackXfan View Post
    I agree! Amazing statue! I really like her modern uniform and hope that it is not discarded in favor of street clothes now that she is in X-Treme X. I thought that X-Treme #1 was promising, and would honestly rather she be doing this than joining the Avengers in the Marvel Now insanity that is occurring in a few months.
    Thanks guys, very kind... Like i said it's still a work in progress, but hopefully it will turn out okay.

Yeah the modern uniform has grown on me, i quite like it. Though i was tossing up which costume to do, i also really like her outback/x-men arcade game looks.
    I am not sure what colour sceme to make her yet, though if the moulding and casting process works out fine chances are i could make a few figures and we could have every god damn colour sceme under the rainbow. I also want to try to give her a power discharge by making appropriate blast-style shapes around her outstretched arm with a clear resin and maybe have some hues and even glitter in there... hehe

@outbackXfan, i agree with what all you say. So glad Dazzler has her own thing outside that arc. At least for now.

I thought that X-Treme #1 was promising, and would honestly rather she be doing this than joining the Avengers in the Marvel Now insanity that is occurring in a few months.
    At a different point in time, I would have loved for Dazz to have joined the Avengers but...not like this lol. my three favorite characters are Ali, Emma, and Havok. He's overdue for a moment to outshine his big brother, so that's all good and well, but frankly AvX appears to be on track to ruining Emma so I'm quite glad to have Dazzler far away from it all.

Too much of a focus on certain characters that have had their characterization bastardized to the point of being complete bores (Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Psylocke, Deadpool & especially my poor Emma). I still can't fathom why they went through this whole "omg, X-line completely shaken up for good!" poorly executed Schism ... to not even have it in effect for (barely) a year before wiping the slate clean again with another poorly executed event in Avengers vs X-Men (which like Schism, could have been SO much better if some actual thought was put in & they wanted to use more than just the same 5 characters over & over). Just bleh -- I'm almost past the point of caring about these comic lines & "events", lol

I agree with both of you. I'm so tired of the same characters being used over and over. Marvel should rotate the prominent members of the X-Men instead of trying to mix things up with the same 10 or so characters every year. It is a total waste of the interesting "B-characters" that are at their disposal. Poor Storm has been crapped on for years. Psylocke was on the right path but X-Force is ruining her. When I thought Colossus couldn't get worse, this whole Juggernaut bullshit started. Kitty has been delegated to baby-sitting. Gambit has been stagnant for years. As for Ali, I would love to see her front in center on a legit team of X-Men, but if that isn't going to happen it's best that she jumps dimensions with a bunch of no-names so that she is at least the STAR! I do like the recent changes made with Iceman, he is finally (!) growing as a character.

I agree with both of you. I'm so tired of the same characters being used over and over. Marvel should rotate the prominent members of the X-Men instead of trying to mix things up with the same 10 or so characters every year. It is a total waste of the interesting "B-characters" that are at their disposal. Poor Storm has been crapped on for years. Psylocke was on the right path but X-Force is ruining her. When I thought Colossus couldn't get worse, this whole Juggernaut bullshit started. Kitty has been delegated to baby-sitting. Gambit has been stagnant for years. As for Ali, I would love to see her front in center on a legit team of X-Men, but if that isn't going to happen it's best that she jumps dimensions with a bunch of no-names so that she is at least the STAR! I do like the recent changes made with Iceman, he is finally (!) growing as a character.
    I honestly think that within the last year/year and a half Marvel has tried to shine the spotlight on other X-Men...whether everyone likes the stories or not, however, is another matter. I stand in the minority, but I love Colossonaut! I think it's the most interesting thing that's been done with the character in 30 years. He was just sort of "generic strong guy" for a lot of the 80's, but definitely the entirety of the 90's and 00's...even post-resurrection. Same with Psylocke...she died, came back under questionable circumstances, joined the Exiles, came back in a totally nonsensical story, and then became just another telepath in the X-Stable. the sort of "dark and twisty" stuff she's got going on in X-Force at least sets her apart. it's a shame that the art and story on the Otherworld arc was so terrible, I love that part of her history and was thrilled someone was going to use it. And even if I haven't liked the direction of the Avengers books since Secret Invasion (WHERE IS ECHO?! oh right, killed ridiculously and randomly in Moon Knight....) or stand 100% behind this A&X merger; I'm very much looking forward to Havok in Uncanny Avengers too, he's been totally wasted post-Mutant X (where he was a totally capable, badass leader). At least he'll be written by Remender (who is mostly capable, and seems to utilize the characters he likes rather well). I honestly think putting Rogue there will be interesting as well. As for Gambit, well, he has a solo series starting tomorrow...so I don't feel too bad for him :)

On a smaller scale; characters like Domino, Pixie, Kitty, Rachel, and Iceman have been steadily getting more attention and better character moments in their home books...so honestly I can't complain too much, especially since I am beyond happy that Dazzler is just completely out of the mix for now.

now, they have systematically destroyed Emma's character...so that's another story. honestly, I do hope they kill her at the end of AvX. she's had a good solid run, and had more awesome character moments from 2001-2008ish than most characters get in whole decades. I would rather she die a corrupted hero than continue on as a villain because writers don't know what else to do with her besides question her loyalties. No matter what; I'll always have Generation X, Morrison, Whedon, Milligan, and Gillen's Emma Frost to read about in back issues. Unlike Jean Grey fans, I don't think that death is the worst thing that could happen to one of my favorite characters....not when they're leading her down this path, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Too much of a focus on certain characters that have had their characterization bastardized to the point of being complete bores (Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Psylocke, Deadpool & especially my poor Emma). I still can't fathom why they went through this whole "omg, X-line completely shaken up for good!" poorly executed Schism ... to not even have it in effect for (barely) a year before wiping the slate clean again with another poorly executed event in Avengers vs X-Men (which like Schism, could have been SO much better if some actual thought was put in & they wanted to use more than just the same 5 characters over & over). Just bleh -- I'm almost past the point of caring about these comic lines & "events", lol
    I'm in the same feeling as you. It's one of the reasons I decided to take a hiatus from comic books to begin with (That and Brubaker/Fractions terrible writing on the X-Books). It's kind of bummer the minute I want to start reading again they go through with this whole X-Men/Avengers integration crap. I feel like over the past few years since HoM Marvel has been trying to run the X-Books into the ground and all to prop up the Avengers. I probably still wouldn't be picking up anything if Ali wasn't given this opportunity to appear in X-Treme.

@Alicorn Your statue is really lovely! Great job! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's completed.
    Last edited by Flameworthy; 08-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Anyone see that we will be getting a cameo of Dazzler in the next AvX? She is shown on the first page recap.
    @Alicorn GREAT work on that statue.
    Longtime lurker, new found poster
    @thomboleyn on the twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Firebaton View Post
    Anyone see that we will be getting a cameo of Dazzler in the next AvX? She is shown on the first page recap.
    yep, I noticed that...I'm really worried this might mean the days are numbered for Ali's time in X-Treme, or the book itself.

keep in mind Dazzler was previously in the recap page for one or two AvsX issues, yet she didn't appear in any of those issues. She's only briefly appeared fighting Spider-Woman in two outside books. They're still using that Dodson Dazzler image too (instead of a pic of her from a panel inside the AvsX books like they do for all the other characters) -- so I doubt she'll appear, lol