Page 305 of 344 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5159

I honestly think she's going to go to Astonishing. As much as I would love to see her interact with most of those characters I just haven't been the biggest fan of the writing. I wouldn't be opposed to her venturing outside the X-Universe. She's been wallpaper for the most part (not including X-Treme) since she returned to the X-Men in Fraction's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I honestly think she's going to go to Astonishing. As much as I would love to see her interact with most of those characters I just haven't been the biggest fan of the writing. I wouldn't be opposed to her venturing outside the X-Universe. She's been wallpaper for the most part (not including X-Treme) since she returned to the X-Men in Fraction's run.
    I will be horribly upset if it's Astonishing. that is the most boring, mediocre comic book I have read in quite some time.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

Astonishing has Northstar and Cecilia Reyes right? I like the cast of that book but I've never picked up because I haven't been super impressed by the art. But like I said, any Dazzler > no Dazzler, for me. I will be an instant fan of any creator who is interested in using her.

I don't worry about Dazzler being overshadowed by the HBICs in XX. Dazzler was never alpha in that way, but she asserted herself in other ways when she was on a team with those women, and I feel like her lightness would actually make her an interesting member of the cast. She's got depth but she's not dark. I think that's one of the reason she does well juxtapositioned with them, because their angst and edge highlights the ways in which Dazzler is unique and fun. For me anyway. But I guess it's a moot point.

How do you all feel about Dazzler's new costume? I'm glad she finally got one and I like the nod to previous costumes, but it's a little dark and conservative for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jstar!! View Post
    How do you all feel about Dazzler's new costume? I'm glad she finally got one and I like the nod to previous costumes, but it's a little dark and conservative for me.
    I absolutely LOVE it. she should ditch the extraneous stuff like the belt, chest piece, and leg stuff. Wouldn't mind it being sleeveless, but I'm not complaining about it now.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    I will be horribly upset if it's Astonishing. that is the most boring, mediocre comic book I have read in quite some time.
    Yea that's how I feel too. If Cece wasn't in that book then I wouldn't even be bothering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jstar!! View Post
    I'm a big fan! I think it's the best costume she's worn in a long time. She was in desperate need of new look. The boots are definitely my favorite part.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I really hope she keeps the Eyemake-up over one eye. the blue eyemake-up is so patently Dazzler and tops off the entire look.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Look at that outfit. I officially decided that one of Dazzler's biggest influences was Bon Scott when she was a girl.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Join the Uncanny X-Force group

I like her costume more there. It looks more streamlined or something. Her hair though...

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    Uncanny A would be pretty interesting..
    I would probably die of happiness if they have Dazz on the same team as The Winsome Wasp! Incidentally, Jan did try to recruit Ali into the Avengers back when she wanted more women for the team, but Dazzler was all, "No, thanks!". Seeing as how Remender has spoken about having Janet come up with new ways to make mutants hip and cool in mainstream society and culture again, it would only make sense that she would try to capitalize on Ali's goodwill and popularity to further her goals.

Though Astonishing or Fearless Defenders too could be a good fit for her.

Always loved this. Ali proving once again what sets her apart as a hero. Also a good example of Ali in a "kill or be killed" situation and how she handles herself.

My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I really hope she keeps the Eyemake-up over one eye. the blue eyemake-up is so patently Dazzler and tops off the entire look.
    Psshh. I feel like I came up with that dazign first, back in 2005 when I was re-designing her for fun on my old LJ blog. Did Marvel copy me?

I wouldn't mind. Heck, I've been so disappointed at her recent re-designs that I'd even let them just use mine if they wanted to, (as long as they give me a crack at drawing her!)
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Always loved this. Ali proving once again what sets her apart as a hero. Also a good example of Ali in a "kill or be killed" situation and how she handles herself.

Unfortunately, this is also the very reason most writers hesitate to use her more often. She can be far more effective without spilling a cargo full of blood unlike the Wolverines, Punishers, Deadpools and Fantomexes, aka the accepted standard for "cool and marketable".

Dazzler is incredibly hack writer non-friendly!

@tunasammiches, that is lovely! great design and great art in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Unfortunately, this is also the very reason most writers hesitate to use her more often. She can be far more effective without spilling a cargo full of blood unlike the Wolverines, Punishers, Deadpools and Fantomexes, aka the accepted standard for "cool and marketable".
    Dazzler is incredibly hack writer non-friendly!
    Luckily, Dazzler has more of an array of her abilities at her disposal. She's at least able to generate a beam that acts like Cyclops' and use a concussive blast to knock enemies out instead of a fine surgical laser that hacks off limbs or blasts a hole through them. Writers have options.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

double post
    My X-Men Sketch Book