Page 304 of 345 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5167

Dazzler being behind Jubilee and X-23 makes me physically ill. The others I understand but those two? Ugh.

I did my part! Dazz or Die!!!!!
    Dream Boy's Dynamic Divas:
    Wonder Woman. Amethyst. Starfire. Spider Woman. Dazzler. Hellcat. Witchblade. Black Canary. Donna Troy. Wonder Girl. Huntress. Karma. Danielle Moonstar. Magik. Magma. Jean Grey. Psylocke. She-Hulk. Emma Frost. Ms. Marvel. Supergirl. Catwoman. Wolfsbane. Firestar. Fire & Ice. Dr. Light. Arachne. Snowbird. Tigra. The Wasp. Dream Girl. Saturn Girl. Marvel Girl. Polaris. Looker. Vampirella. Red Sonja. Zatanna. Dawnstar.

"Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman."

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Hey, Dazzler fans, got a question for ya. Recently, when Brian Woods was asked about the possibility of Ali being in his X-Men book, he let it slip that she was already spoken for. After X-Treme ends & she returns to the 616, where do you think she's goin'? Where would you like her to go? I've heard some say it's probably Liu's Astonishing, which seems logical, but kinda predictable at the same time. X-Factor crossed my mind briefly, 'cause of Longshot or whatever, but then it dawned on me - what if it's... Fearless Defenders?! Would you guys be cool with that? Would you be happy about it, about her leavin' the X-verse?
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

I would LOVE if she went to Fearless Defenders! I think her getting more exposure out of the Xmen side will do wonders for her. In the early days of her solo series, she had guest appearances by the Fantastic Four, Luke Cage, She Hulk, and Quasar. Sure the Xmen and Angel especially made appearances, but she was more a Marvel Universe character. If she went to Fearless Defenders, or even Uncanny Avengers it would give her more exposure to non Xmen fans.
    I'm interested to see where she will be appearing.
    The one thing that gives me pause is I have heard is that there was a mention of an Outback team reunion connection. That could rule out Fearless Defenders, but she would fit in for Fearless Defenders easily.
    Longtime lurker, new found poster
    @thomboleyn on the twitter

I'm not against her joining Fearless Defenders, but I really can't think of a better for fit for the character than the new X-men book.

Agreed, but we've already been told that's not gonna happen, so it's not an option. Not now anyway, so it seems, tho things could change down the road.

Honestly, I'm startin' to really like the idea of her being in FD tho. Along the lines of what Firebaton's saying, I think she'd standout more, be more unique if she were on Fearless Defenders. I'd like to see them do somethin' totally new with Dazzler, and grouping her with Brunnhilde, Misty, & Dani (plus others) to kick some ass just might do that.
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

I don't know what Fearless Defenders is, but I will buy whatever title she lands in. I'm just glad she's apparently not going into limbo.

If I could decide, she would be in a top tier, flagship title. X-Men would be my first choice because of Coipel and the cast (the Outback women are my favorites), but that is obviously not happening, so I guess I root for Uncanny Avengers or Uncanny X-Men.

Assuming she lands in a more obscure book I would actually love to see her in the new FF as a replacement for that Darla creature.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The problem with Dazzler being on a team, especially the upcoming roster of X-men, is that her powerset and her personality really lend her to being the lead or a solo hero. The only character with a powerset like hers in the X-men is Cyclops, and to a degree Havok and traditionally, they're used as team leads as well.
    But even when you optimize the imaginative holographic, laser point, and light flare aspects of her powers- she still has such an array of combative capabilities that on a team like XX, she would eventually make someone redundant or become redundant herself. There are just too many alpha females on that team. Fans of Storm, Psylocke, and Rogue would pitch such a fit if Dazzler was giving orders, lambasting her to no end.

Perhaps it's time for Dazzler to move back out to the larger MU and make a name for herself again on a larger scale.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    I think she'd standout more, be more unique if she were on Fearless Defenders. I'd like to see them do somethin' totally new with Dazzler, and grouping her with Brunnhilde, Misty, & Dani (plus others) to kick some ass just might do that.
    I agree! Dazzler would bring some femininity to the team (and definitely more neon) lol

jstar! - Here's a brief summary of the concept for Fearless Defenders, from the man himself, creator Cullen Bunn:

"The basic idea of the book is that Valkyrie is choosing a new team of Valkyrior, and she's been asked to choose all these women from the heroes of Midgard, instead of from Asgard," he said. "It is going to be a team book. It'll be an all-female team. But I didn't want to go into issue #1 and say, 'here is the team.' My goal is to take my time in building this team. I want to build it slowly even after the first arc, the team will not be formed completely.

"I think there are a lot of great female characters in the Marvel Universe who have not been given the chance they need, because maybe they can't support a book all on their own, or maybe they've been on a team and they've been kind of lost in the shuffle for, in some cases, many, many, many years. This is my opportunity to put them all together, and to give them the spotlight."

Uncanny A would be pretty interesting, and she'd be one of the few additions to UX that could actually get me to care about it.

Lol @ "... that Darla creature", she DOES freak me out - she's creepy!

ohsnapulon5000 - Agreed, if she were included in XX, my biggest fear (that's all but guaranteed, IMHO) is that she'd be overshadowed (if not swallowed alive) by HBICs MoSto & the gang - even friggin' Jubilee probably. No thanX!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    ... Perhaps it's time for Dazzler to move back out to the larger MU and make a name for herself again on a larger scale.
    THIS! The X-franchise isn't doin' her any favors. What have they really done with Ali over the last few years they've had her for? Not much, from what I can tell. Not compared to what could be done, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    I agree! Dazzler would bring some femininity to the team (and definitely more neon) lol
    Now, now. Honestly tho, there's some truth to this, and I don't mean that as an insult to the other characters. Which is why I would clarify it as "conventional" and/or "traditional" femininity, so as not to offend. Truly, Dazzler would be distinctly different than the bruisers, techies, & scrappers already present - in every way imaginable. Me thinX this would be a good thing, further elevating an eXisting, built-in dynamic that's pretty awesome on its own.
    Marvel Faves

I really, really hope she's not going to be in Astonishing. Just don't care to even bother with the book, especially after those 2 bottoms tied the knot lol. I'm really wondering if where Pak seemed to be heading with Dazz in X-treme will have an affect on where she ends up. He seemed to be pointing her in that "kill or be killed" direction -- like beneath it all 616 Dazz is a lot more like X-Force Dazz than she may want to admit. Could she possible end up on one of the X-force teams? Storm & Psylocke on one team or Colossus on the other would fit the "Outback reunion" criteria

Where you guys gettin' this "Outback reunion" stuff from & what's it all supposed to mean? I'm with ya on Astonishing, not feelin' that at all. If it had to be 1 of the 2 XF books, I'd want it to be Colossus'. Sending her to the other one might present the same problems & pitfalls as XX would. I still like FDs best, or one of the big, high profile Avenger books - as long as she gets some major play. I think pairing Ali with say, Tony Stark for a mission, would get us a memorable adventure just chock-FULL of some great, snappy repartee.
    Marvel Faves

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    Where you guys gettin' this "Outback reunion" stuff from & what's it all supposed to mean?
    I've honestly only read/heard about that in this thread -- but I've been so MIA with comics in general that I really don't have any "industry" comic contacts anymore to find out if its true or not. As much as I would LOVE for her to be in a MU or Avengers book (I hold no ill will towards the Avengers & I don't think they've been any shittier than most of the X-line has been that past half decade), I doubt there's any getting Dazzler out of the X-verse at the moment to be honest. I think she will end up in a X book & with Astonishing also being involved in the event that leads to the last issue of X-treme I'm pretty certain that's where she'll go >_< If the Outback reunion is true then I'm more hopeful -- because she has no former Aussie era teammates in that book.

Bad news for those who wanted her on the Fearless Defenders. According to Bunn, she's not going to join the team :(

Kate Bishop and Dazzler were both on the list at one point, but their involvement in other books changed that.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Q-amp-A/page2 (post #21)

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Bad news for those who wanted her on the Fearless Defenders. According to Bunn, she's not going to join the team :(

I didn't take that answer lying down!!
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke