Page 1 of 345 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Default Dazzler Appreciation

Welcome, faithful disciples, to
    the Radiant Temple of the Glitterati!

This is your space to discuss and appreciate our favorite
    songstress/model/actress/aerobics instructor/superhero/Herald of Galactus/Glorious Cameo Queen/Goddess,

DAZZLER!

Name: Alison Blaire
    Aliases: The Disco Dazzler, Lightengale, Ali, Dazz
    Team Affiliations: X-Men; formerly [New] Excalibur, Mojoverse Rebellion, Gladiators
    Powers & Abilities: Dazzler can transduce sonic vibrations (preferably from, but not limited to, music) into various types of light.

Born in Gardendale, New York, Alison Blaire was expected to follow in her father’s footsteps and enter into a humdrum career in law. Despite the allure of legal life and its many trappings (Louis ******* briefcases, 80+ hour work weeks and stress-induced health ailments), Alison opted to instead follow her dreams and pursue a singing career, aided by her showstopping mutant ability to transduce sound and sonic vibrations into various forms of light (laser beams, laser shields, holographic "hard-light" projections, strobe bursts, mood-altering auras, rave glowsticks, divasparkles, etc.).

Despite her career aspirations, Dazzler rarely hesitated to use her powers to heroically help the less fabulous, thereby entangling herself in solo adventures and encounters with the likes of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men. Along the way, she made new friends, helped overthrow an interdimensional despot, honored Thelma and Louise via homage, led efforts to makeover the fashion-challenged, and thwarted her enemies.

Eventually, Alison’s quest for fame led to infamy. After publicly outing herself as a mutant (gay metaphor, take note!), popular sentiment turned against her thereby destroying her reputation and career and inflaming anti-mutant sentiment. Dazzler soon joined the X-Men; while in their company, she further honed her powers and physical combat skills and was provided free room and board (albeit in a decrepit ghost town in the Australian Outback and on an algae-ridden chunk of rock off the coast of San Francisco). All the while (with some exceptions), Dazzler still nurtured her musical talents and is once again a star on the rise!

Here in the real world (LOLWUT?!), Dazzler’s self-titled solo series spanned four years, the first issue of which sold 400,000 copies and spawned one of Marvel’s most memorable covers, and also led to a graphic novel and two Marvel Essentials volumes. Dazzler is one (if not THE) favorite character of gays, girls who have gay friends and/or always secretly wanted to be Jem from Jem and the Holograms, straight guys who have gay friends and/or girlfriends/wives who love Dazzler, and those who love dance music.

She rules the gays because she sees how we roll. She knows the strong arm of oppression, she’s mastered fashion fabulousity and endured fashion faux pas, she has settled for men beneath her because of her insecurity and daddy issues, she has suffered domestic abuse, she pours her heart and soul into her art but never forgets the need to dance, and she gives fiercer cameo face than any other superhero out there.

Respect and celebrate the Dazzler!

Last edited by Brian Cronin; 11-25-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Dazzler starting anew. <3
    Psylocke

Pictures!

Last edited by Psycwave; 11-24-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    Psylocke

Beautiful. Someone should send Cronin a better first post though. That one is just kinda blah and makes us look like we're troublemakers like the heifers in the Emma Frost thread.

Dazzler does not associate with drama. That's for her sister.

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    Pictures!

Yowza. Where is that from?
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Cheap tart!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Here, Dazzler fans, is a thread for you all to talk about how much you dig Dazzler, or otherwise discuss Dazzler!

Remember, this is an appreciation thread, so it's just for folks to talk about Dazzler if they like Dazzler!

-Brian
    Dazzler starting anew. <3
    WOOT! This will be the diva's latest glamorous transformation <3!

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Jess Minge View Post
    Beautiful. Someone should send Cronin a better first post though.
    I'll try devising something, if that's even allowed to be begin with, lol. Cronin is like the Watcher ... I'm never sure when he's allowed to "interfere."
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Dazzler's Glitterati | Psylocke's Psquadron

"Oh eurazn. You make the world a better place." - slacker

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    It's from the Hulk Team-Up #1. The Dazzler/Hulk story was a little mini included in the issue.
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Dazzler's Glitterati | Psylocke's Psquadron

"Oh eurazn. You make the world a better place." - slacker

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    Hulk Team-Up #1
    EDIT: Raz beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by eurazn View Post
    WOOT! This will be the diva's latest glamorous transformation <3!

I'll try devising something, if that's even allowed to be begin with, lol. Cronin is like the Watcher ... I'm never sure when he's allowed to "interfere."
    Can't wait. The only thing I will miss about the old thread is it was so full of scans and summaries and memories. Ah well here is to the fun of starting it all again.

We need the scan of Ali shooting her finger laser mid air to stop an assassin!
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-09-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by eurazn View Post
    It's from the Hulk Team-Up #1. The Dazzler/Hulk story was a little mini included in the issue.

The chest makes me want to lie down for a bit, but I appreciate the diva outfit and flowy hair. Oooh girl, sang to me about them X-Tinction Agendas!
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Feel free to send me an e-mail with what you think the opening of the thread should be.

Just click on my name and go to the "Send email" function.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Pictures!

Motorboat heaven.

Oh lol, that song is adorable!

BANNED

Wait, why a new thread?