Default *Nods to paki* "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Sting

Inspired by paki's survivor series thread.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

VS

The Man called Sting.

Both at their primes, and in a wrestling ring. Only wrestling feats count for this one.

So, who wins?
    Have beer, will drink!

I think I'll take the guy who has clean wins over The Rock, Triple H, The Giant, and so on and so forth.
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

Trent Boyet is a liar sir Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Westside of the Deathstar, plottin and scheming.

Sting by far was the most overated of the group in the Survivor series thread. Against Stone Cold, he might beat the WCW version of him in his early days. Thats all he could handle imo.
    ResIpsaLoquitur:
    This is one of those "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate" relationships--Spidey and the Hulk are "absolutely nothing" to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    I think I'll take the guy who has clean wins over The Rock, Triple H, The Giant, and so on and so forth.
    Kinda hard to compare the two considering that Sting has only faced The Giant out of all of them (and I'm pretty certain he's won a few of those matches.)
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Kinda hard to compare the two considering that Sting has only faced The Giant out of all of them (and I'm pretty certain he's won a few of those matches.)
    The thing is does Sting have wins over comparable wrestlers?

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Sting by far was the most overated of the group in the Survivor series thread.
    Nope. Not with Warrior there. While Warrior's peak may have been higher, Sting's was much, much longer, and he didn't implode. Sting is a bonafide legend, Warrior is not.

The thing is does Sting have wins over comparable wrestlers?
    Flair, Muta, Luger, Windham, etc. Probably has wins over the likes of Dusty, Steamboat, Sid, Vader, etc. as well.

I'm guessing he also has wins over WCW Hogan, Savage, Hall, Nash, etc. Not sure about that though.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Remember when it felt like every Monday Night Nitro episode would end in a brawl?

Sting was on his own side. Or rather, that of his baseball bat.

Or the Wolfpac, whichever.

Man i thought is this guy,

Stone Cold shares a beer and stuns him.
    Knowledgeable in Marvel/DC

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Flair, Muta, Luger, Windham, etc. Probably has wins over the likes of Dusty, Steamboat, Sid, Vader, etc. as well.

I'm guessing he also has wins over WCW Hogan, Savage, Hall, Nash, etc. Not sure about that though.
    Ugh Luger, ugh.

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsetaq28 View Post
    Man i thought is this guy,

Stone Cold shares a beer and stuns him.
    Same dude, except that one's more broken down. Much more broken down. Prime Sting could work.

Ugh Luger, ugh.
    Eh, he used to be good. Kind of. When he could be bothered.

Trent Boyet is a liar sir Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Westside of the Deathstar, plottin and scheming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Nope. Not with Warrior there. While Warrior's peak may have been higher, Sting's was much, much longer, and he didn't implode. Sting is a bonafide legend, Warrior is not.

Sting could never match "2 Championship belts at once" Warrior. He beat Mr. Wrestling in Hulk Hogan in a clean fight for the championship with Hulkamania running strong in the bizz still. And the Warriror's whole MO was that of savage beast that couldn't be stopped(think real life Doomsday and you get the warrior), while Sting was literally the face of WCW and he was overshadowed many times by lesser people to the point where he had to fold/bend over and change his entire persona(black/white then black/red NWO/Wolfpack days).

Even when Sting was a face he was never on Warriors level imo.
    ResIpsaLoquitur:
    This is one of those "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate" relationships--Spidey and the Hulk are "absolutely nothing" to each other.

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Sting could never match "2 Championship belts at once" Warrior. He beat Mr. Wrestling in Hulk Hogan in a clean fight for the championship with Hulkamania running strong in the bizz still. And the Warriror's whole MO was that of savage beast that couldn't be stopped(think real life Doomsday and you get the warrior), while Sting was literally the face of WCW and he was overshadowed many times by lesser people to the point where he had to fold/bend over and change his entire persona(black/white then black/red NWO/Wolfpack days).
    Beating Hogan aside, Warrior didn't do much. There was the Honky Tonk Man getting destroyed, and he had a fun feud with Rude, but that was it.

Sting's longevity gives him the edge here. Much better wrestler too, while we're at it. The fact that he isn't insane also helps.

Think about it, Sting is universally regarded as a wrestling icon, a legend. Warrior is a punchline.

Even when Sting was a face he was never on Warriors level imo.
    That's the thing, Warrior was on top for what, 6 months? Before Hogan came back and took back the torch.

Austin all the way.

A legend in his own mind. Drakeman's Avatar

Crow Sting was the best, but I don't think he could have eclipsed Austin in his prime. A Stone Cold Stunner in 1999 was equivalent to taking a 12 gauge shotgun to your face.

Oh, and Sting gets owned promo wise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DV0R...eature=related

BEST PROMO EVER!
    Last edited by Drakeman; 11-19-2009 at 09:26 PM.