Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Reinhard Kleist Draws Johnny Cash

CBR News spoke with writer-artist Reinhard Kleist about his earliest memories of the country musician, the evolution of the Cash biography, and the awards the German edition of "Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness" has already received.

Full article here.

Default I see a Darkness

Does the artist know that I See A Darkness isn't a Johnny Cash song? It is from Bonnie Prince Billie, Cash only covered it.

Quote Originally Posted by cole9098 View Post
    Does the artist know that I See A Darkness isn't a Johnny Cash song? It is from Bonnie Prince Billie, Cash only covered it.
    In my opinion a cover might also be a Cash-song. See for example "Hurt". Cash's version is so original that by listening only I'd never have believed it's a NIN-song.

Great to see an interview with Kleist here. He is one of the foremost examples for the fact that there really is comic culture in Germany.

Default Cash title

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymer View Post
    In my opinion a cover might also be a Cash-song. See for example "Hurt". Cash's version is so original that by listening only I'd never have believed it's a NIN-song.

Great to see an interview with Kleist here. He is one of the foremost examples for the fact that there really is comic culture in Germany.
    The covers are perfectly fine renditions by the Man in Black. I would rather have seen one of his original songs as a title. I understand the title I see a Darkness is supposed to reflect something about his life and personality but he has so many more titles of his own to choose from:

Johnny Cash: The Long Black Veil
    Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire
    Johnny Cash: I Walk the Line

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Of course, "Long Black Veil" & "Ring of Fire" weren't written by Johnny, either.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!