Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    well they mostly give accomodations that the students need such as for me i ge tuttoring, a notetaker, an alternate exam room and extra time which i need cause of the anxiety disorder
    Sounds like you're in a good place, gryhpon. You know what afflicts you, and you're learning how to cope with it, and that puts you ahead of 90% of the rest of the country.

In my view, a great deal of depression is about coping with anxiety. The depression routine is a failsafe in the brain that shuts down emotion when it gets to be too much. So that's not a bug, it's a feature!

So your situation is pretty much task-oriented, I should think. Learning to beat the learning disorder so you don't get stressed out; learning to beat getting stressed out so you can learn. And one step leads to the next.

Good deal!
    one of the highest principles of America is that we're a nation of people from different backgrounds living in equal dignity and mutual loyalty - Eboo Patel.

I am now. I thought I knew the right definition of Seppuku, but I didn't know it close enough, then there are several divisions of it I knew naught of
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

may i ask what depersonalization disorder is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    that does sound like how i was a few years ago
    Basically, I started having moments where I felt disconnected from other people and physical things. Like say, if I was traveling, I couldn't feel the passage of time and it was like I could've just blinked and arrived somewhere else. I also had moments where I felt like I was in a dream, and a part of me was awake and aware, but everything physical(including my own body and other people) seemed distant. It messed with my head a lot. It's like walking around with your senses deadened and a part of you panicking on the inside.
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McEnery View Post
    Although, to be fair, also to every other Dubliner falling out of the pub.
    Tut Tut, I am telling Carl Rogers on you

We love a drink but don't judge us you irish bastard!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Basically, I started having moments where I felt disconnected from other people and physical things. Like say, if I was traveling, I couldn't feel the passage of time and it was like I could've just blinked and arrived somewhere else. I also had moments where I felt like I was in a dream, and a part of me was awake and aware, but everything physical(including my own body and other people) seemed distant. It messed with my head a lot. It's like walking around with your senses deadened and a part of you panicking on the inside.
    thats how i was a few years back
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

thats how i was a few years back
    Yuck. Was that something that you both needed meds for? Or did you find a way to make it go away on its own?
    one of the highest principles of America is that we're a nation of people from different backgrounds living in equal dignity and mutual loyalty - Eboo Patel.

Yuck. Was that something that you both needed meds for? Or did you find a way to make it go away on its own?
    i was given meds and therapy to help. it took quite a while though as the meds werent the right ones initially

i was given meds and therapy to help. it took quite a while though as the meds werent the right ones initially
    Do you remember what they said it was about? I'm always interested in which bits of the circuitry of the brain we have to poke at for these things, or whether it's just a stress-related problem.

Do you remember what they said it was about? I'm always interested in which bits of the circuitry of the brain we have to poke at for these things, or whether it's just a stress-related problem.
    sorry, i dont remember.

sorry, i dont remember.
    Oh well. I just find it's handy to keep as much information around as possible, because you never know who's going to need it.

One of the reasons I'm glad you made this thread.

i do have to admit i have been having serious problems with anxiety as a result of having nothing to do but sit around the house these last couple of weeks while waiting for summer courses to start, which usually give me a bout of depression

I was in therapy briefly, but I never brought it up. It was only part of the problem though, as it resulted in some other disturbing effects on my sense of self. I got better eventually, but I still deal with depression.
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

I was in therapy briefly, but I never brought it up. It was only part of the problem though, as it resulted in some other disturbing effects on my sense of self. I got better eventually, but I still deal with depression.
    if you ever need to talk, consider this a safe space

I want to bump this thread in case it might be helpful for some people.

Im starting to feel a bit from SAD latley and its been taking a toll on me.