Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

I feel for you guys, being depressed is the shittiest thing ever, I know, but you talking about it shows that you still care about yourselves and want to get better. I have friends that have almost fallen to a 'point of no return' and it's an awful feeling to know that all one can do for them is talk and be there, it doesn't feel like 'enough' though, you know?

Anyway, my heart goes out to you guys, take one day at the time and take care.
    Last edited by Daniel Mengsk; 02-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Right now I just feel like...something's wrong. I just describe it. I just dont feel right. Nothing seems to make sense, and I just want to hide from it all.

I am sorry. I shouldnt be bothering you all with this but I need to vent.

I think Im just gonna go to sleep.
    Ive slept and now feel better. I think I just was in one of my mood swings. I hate when that happens because I cant control myself.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Im worried about my weight gain because of my anti depressants but I cant do anything until I see a psychiatrist and its scaring me.

Im worried about my weight gain because of my anti depressants but I cant do anything until I see a psychiatrist and its scaring me.
    I find reestablishing even a small bit of control helpful, so having a plan for addressing what I can control immediately helps, gryhpon. Concentrate on making sure you are eating healthily and getting exercise. That way when you go off the drugs, you will be in better shape to adjust and deal with any lingering side effects.

Diabetic Indian

I think I might be depressed right now. I am poor. I have worked at the same job for nearly four years. I started at $7.50 per hour. I currently make $7.50 per hour.

I need to get my car repaired, but I don't have the money. Actually, I need a new car, since my current car is fourteen years old...

I haven't had vacation days since I started, nor sick days. Consequently, I haven't missed work in the past two years. Every day, Monday through Friday, 1 to 9, every day... Weeks shoot by fast, weekends even faster. Time is going by so quickly and I have nothing to show for the progression of years but wrinkles.

I am too poor to do anything but pay my bills and rent. I cannot save up money or spend it on luxury goods like dates or new furniture or new clothes....

Why am I? What's the point of it? It's not going to get better.

Yeah, I think I'm depressed right now. Middle school was a total bitch, and high school seems like a never ending "Who Can be the Biggest Asshole contest." It's like when someone says high school can't possibly get any worse everyone else takes it as a personal challenge.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Average View Post
    I think I might be depressed right now. I am poor. I have worked at the same job for nearly four years. I started at $7.50 per hour. I currently make $7.50 per hour.

I need to get my car repaired, but I don't have the money. Actually, I need a new car, since my current car is fourteen years old...

I haven't had vacation days since I started, nor sick days. Consequently, I haven't missed work in the past two years. Every day, Monday through Friday, 1 to 9, every day... Weeks shoot by fast, weekends even faster. Time is going by so quickly and I have nothing to show for the progression of years but wrinkles.

I am too poor to do anything but pay my bills and rent. I cannot save up money or spend it on luxury goods like dates or new furniture or new clothes....

Why am I? What's the point of it? It's not going to get better.
    That is a terrible job. And from the sounds of it the biggest part of what is giving you trouble.

Look around for a job. Specifically one that pays much better. When you apply make sure the place is aware that you are currently working. If you get an interview take some time to look online for good ways of answering interview questions (if you are not familiar with it since you have been working at the same job for an extended period of time. It is easy to forget). During the section of the interview where you are allowed to brag a bit (the part where you are asked to tell them about yourself) make sure to stress what you have said here. That you have been consistent in working for the same employer for 4 years, two of which has not had a single absence, etc.

I am certain you will get hired somewhere better than a place that will not promote you or give you a raise after four years. Barring something not mentioned here, I would hire you were I to see that.

Alternatively you could speak to your supervisor and point these things out to them as well. You should definitely be getting paid more than that.

Other than that, I would do my best to relax. Try to find something to enjoy. Even if you cannot afford much, you can treat yourself to something cheap. Perhaps a website? A book from a library? Whatever you like.

Breathing exercises help tremendously with stress as it is happening. Meditation if you are trained in that type of thing is even better.

All around though just finding something enjoyable to do will probably help tremendously. And definitely trying to pick up a new job.

If things are still not looking up, or if you get worse, you may want to consider getting help. There is never anything wrong with that.

I have found throughout life that a lack of money is my number one cause of stress. Any time that I am broke or have to worry about money it is the worst. Nothing else really gets to me. So I can relate in that aspect.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

BANNED

I ask ,god why my best friend had to die... I feel very troubled sometimes with my religion. Sometimes i feel like I'm losing sight what's important.... ..../sigh.

My weight gain has been making me depressed again. Its caused by my meds and despite my best attempts, its causing me to gain weight heavily. Ive just started a new workout regiment but its still making me upset. And to add to that, one of my frogs died.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

This article from The Onion will either make you laugh or make you cry. Either way, it's about the most truthful explanation of what it's like in my head that I've ever seen.

Still Some Nutella Left In Jar, Reports Depression

TIGARD, OR—Citing the fact that having another spoonful or two wasn't going to make much of a difference at this point anyway, a crippling bout of clinical depression reported Tuesday there was definitely still some Nutella left in that jar.

According to the cluster of symptoms relating to persistent anxiety and low self-esteem, it looks as if there's a little left on the lid as well.

"No need to let perfectly good Nutella go to waste, and God knows you've already plowed through almost an entire jar of this junk like some sort of pathetic animal," said what has been classified by doctors as a chronic major depression, adding that the chocolate-hazelnut spread was delicious and "the only thing that makes the pain go away." "Why the hell not, right? After all, what's the point of stopping now?"

Added the severely under-medicated syndrome, "What's the point of anything, really?"

After determining decisively there was, in fact, still a little Nutella left in the jar, the steadily worsening psychiatric mood disorder deliberated momentarily before deciding the best course of action would be to just stick a couple of fingers in there and scoop it out that way, "because fuck it."

The recurrent lowered levels of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine that were passed down through genetic inheritance then paused and spent approximately three and a half minutes wondering what the hell could possibly be gained from this endless cycle of self-pity, and how a human being could be so worthless and bereft of dignity as to eat an entire jar of Nutella in one sitting.

"What an absolute waste of space—I suppose a three-hour nap in the middle of a goddamned Tuesday is in order next, eh?" remarked the depressive mind-state, mere seconds away from simultaneously triggering the biological mechanisms for panic and tear production. "Sure, go ahead. It's not like anyone cares what you do—they all hate you anyway."

As the last of the Nutella spread was procured from the bottom of the jar, the affective disorder announced that perhaps "disappearing forever" would be the best course of action at this point, reasoning that life wasn't going to get any better anyway, and that the essential hopelessness of existence was, at press time, undeniable.

The chronic condition then expressed deep, overwhelming shame and self-hatred over the spoon having been clumsily knocked onto the floor.

"Okay, okay, pull it together," said the mental illness, responding to increased oxygen in the bloodstream while repeatedly emphasizing in a dead monotone that "it's not about the spoon." "Things have been bad before, and they've always gotten better, right? It's all about mind over matter. So what if life is sad? Fucking get over it like everyone else does and stop being a pussy."

"Just…don't be this way," continued the neurosis, again triggering the process of tear production. "Feel better now. Please just feel better."

Sources reported the multi-symptom clinical state then recommended checking the Nutella jar one more time to see if there was anything left in there.

(Though I prefer peanut butter.)

This post isnt neccessarily just about depression but some years ago when I was in high school, I was a mess. Depression and struggles with anxiety disorder and my learnign disability that I hadnt learned to cope with yet, were holding me down in a bad place. My teachers and a lot of other people were doubting that I would graduate with everyone else. But now 5 years after my senior year of high school, Im about to graduate university. I am proud to say I proved everyone wrong.

BANNED

This post isnt neccessarily just about depression but some years ago when I was in high school, I was a mess. Depression and struggles with anxiety disorder and my learnign disability that I hadnt learned to cope with yet, were holding me down in a bad place. My teachers and a lot of other people were doubting that I would graduate with everyone else. But now 5 years after my senior year of high school, Im about to graduate university. I am proud to say I proved everyone wrong.
    Good for you. Awesome job!

I, too, have found spite to be an excellent motivator.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I got some more news regarding my great uncle Volf. The doctors say he doesnt have pneumonia, but in fact has lung cancer. Im very upset right now.

This last week hasnt been easy for me.

My great-uncle died last sunday, a cousin on my father's side died as well, and someone my family has known for a while also died. The shiva week couldnt be completed properly due to the holiday of shavuot which caused the shiva to end prematurely. The on top of that, I came down with a bad cold and an ear infection last week that got really bad over the weekend and I wasnt abkle to go to synagogue on shavuot and in fact I couldnt even leave my house for three days, and cabin fever truly set in. I began pacing and couldnt stop thinking. I tired to read my fvaourite book but it completely fell apart, pages torn out and I now need to buy a new copy. Whne the holiday ended and I could use the net again, it felt like an escape from prison almost.