Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Currently on disability for suicidal depression and anxiety yes.

Been in and out of hospitals quite a bit(never attempted tho)

What do you need to know Mr Gryphon?

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    Currently on disability for suicidal depression and anxiety yes.

Been in and out of hospitals quite a bit(never attempted tho)

What do you need to know Mr Gryphon?
    well i just want to get a discussion going so people can help each other
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    well i just want to get a discussion going so people can help each other
    Oh? i thought you were looking for help yourself?

Oh? i thought you were looking for help yourself?
    well a bit for myself but also to geta discussion going. i actually have seen a lot of stuff mentioned here that makes me realize what i had

BANNED

well a bit for myself but also to geta discussion going. i actually have seen a lot of stuff mentioned here that makes me realize what i had
    You had depression and didn't realize it?

Oh and yeah a supportive community would be nice.

You had depression and didn't realize it?

Oh and yeah a supportive community would be nice.
    no i realized what form of depression i had. i realized that i had symptonms of bipolar disorder and another form

BANNED

no i realized what form of depression i had. i realized that i had symptonms of bipolar disorder and another form
    What type did you have? and are you taking any meds for it?

What type did you have? and are you taking any meds for it?
    i have depression relating to an anxiety disorder, but also just in the last couple of days, posts on this thread made me realize i had symptoms of depoersonalization disorder which thanks to my meds i no longer suffer from. although i still have the other form of depression and serious mood swings that can make me go from happy to sad and self loathing and angry in minutes.

BANNED

i have depression relating to an anxiety disorder, but also just in the last couple of days, posts on this thread made me realize i had symptoms of depoersonalization disorder which thanks to my meds i no longer suffer from. although i still have the other form of depression and serious mood swings that can make me go from happy to sad and self loathing and angry in minutes.
    Wow i'm at a loss for words.
    do you have trouble with relationships and jobs?

Wow i'm at a loss for words.
    do you have trouble with relationships and jobs?
    well i have never held a job yet ( besdies as a video content manager for a website whcih basically consisted of deleting old videos that were clogging the site), im in university right now and my weird nature has led me to lose a few friends who cant deal with me but i manage. i have firends who what i am and dont care. another thign is the fact that i ahve nonverbal learnign disability ( my anxiety is related to that) which makes it hard for me to read social ques(spelling might be off on that) as well as obsessive compulsive disorder, ( my mother also has this). so i do have trouble with people at times but ive come a long way since i was first diagnosed and my therapist notes ive made a lot of progress. i high school there were serious concerns about em and now im able to lead a normal life, give or take.

BANNED

well i have never held a job yet ( besdies as a video content manager for a website whcih basically consisted of deleting old videos that were clogging the site), im in university right now and my weird nature has led me to lose a few friends who cant deal with me but i manage. i have firends who what i am and dont care. another thign is the fact that i ahve nonverbal learnign disability ( my anxiety is related to that) which makes it hard for me to read social ques(spelling might be off on that) as well as obsessive compulsive disorder, ( my mother also has this). so i do have trouble with people at times but ive come a long way since i was first diagnosed and my therapist notes ive made a lot of progress. i high school there were serious concerns about em and now im able to lead a normal life, give or take.
    You seem to be doing pretty well from my view.

I have some learning disorders too mostly from i guess my A.D.D that i have a had time absorbing information in a classroom setting.

You seem to be doing pretty well from my view.

I have some learning disorders too mostly from i guess my A.D.D that i have a had time absorbing information in a classroom setting.
    well its been a long road for me. but i think im moslty managing

in my univeristy there is a department that helps students with learning disabilities

BANNED

well its been a long road for me. but i think im moslty managing

in my univeristy there is a department that helps students with learning disabilities
    See that's one of my problems is i don't like being treated differently i feel like i'm smart enough to compete on the same level... but i'm not usually at least academically most of my knowledge comes from reading on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesPensSteelers View Post
    Maybe I'm lucky. Maybe my therapist and psychiatrist were bad.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I did therapy (helpful because it makes you think and a little more self aware, but also a course in no shit sherlock advice).

I took multiple meds which helped me absolutly none. The effects ranged from sleeping in my car during lunch breaks....frequent trips to the bathroom to take naps....constantly wanting to sit in the woods by myself and read (I don't know wtf that was about), but I could never concentrate long enough to actually read. And I had suicidal thoughts. Most exciting was having a numb weiner making sex AWESOME....or not.

I'd tell them about the side effects, they'd make some sort of change or change the med altogether, but nothing helped.

Eventually, I said F this. I was afraid if I kept on the meds I was going to lose my job because I couldn't concentrate for shit and all I wanted to do was sleep.

So, and I don't advise this and neither do doctors, I quit taking the stuff cold turkey. I felt better the very next day. Had some down days (normal down. not depressed down), weeks, and months, but things keep getting better and I'm good to go now.

Unless something unforseen comes along, you'll never catch me on meds again. I don't trust that shit at all. And it makes me wonder if I was ever depressed at all or just going through some weird shit that led them to believe I was depressed.

Whatever the case may be, I don't really dig psychology. I know it's a new science and they are learning new stuff all the time, but I felt like a test rat when they told me "take this and let me know what happens, cause i'll be damned if I actually know how you'll react to this". It's a big guessing game and it pissed me off.
    Medicine in general is a big guessing game. Ever watch House?

And I know exactly where you're coming from. I know that certain mood elevating drugs can give me a joie de vivre that I'm normally missing. It was shocking to me when, on St. John's Wort, I found myself actually craving exercise. But it also gave me some manic nonsense that grew into a mixed state. So that doesn't work. And I tried the other things, with similar results to yours. And I realized that other than the low level self-med of beer, smokes and coffee, drugs are not for me.

Good to know, though.
    one of the highest principles of America is that we're a nation of people from different backgrounds living in equal dignity and mutual loyalty - Eboo Patel.

See that's one of my problems is i don't like being treated differently i feel like i'm smart enough to compete on the same level... but i'm not usually at least academically most of my knowledge comes from reading on my own.
    well they mostly give accomodations that the students need such as for me i ge tuttoring, a notetaker, an alternate exam room and extra time which i need cause of the anxiety disorder