Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Storm or Ms. Marvel...who is the most prominent Marvel woman?

Which one of these ladies should be marvel's tall standing prominant woman.

Like DC sort of like wonder woman.

Which of these ladies should represent marvel for commercials, games, etc.

Should it be ms.marvel? since she has sort of the similar power's. or is ms.marvel just a powergirl of marvel.

Or should it be storm who was compared to WW in a latte crossover and won by fan votes? or is she just a vixen or hawk-girl of the MU

Whos more original?

Who's more cool?

Who can you picture holding up a title long going.

ms.marvel.

Storm

Who should hold the crown as marvel's golden girl?
    Last edited by stormultt; 11-10-2009 at 05:07 PM.

I'd go with Storm.

Ms Marvel is more the equivalent of Supergirl or Bat Girl, in that she's REALLY a female version of an existing male character. And that to a degree I think diminishes her a bit.

Storm is Storm.

I don't think there is a prominant Marvel woman. But between Storm and Ms. Marvel I'd pick Storm without a doubt. Ask the common person on the street and they have no clue who Ms. Marvel is. Ms. Marvel(Carol) = failure and a waste of ink.

It's Storm.

Carol Danvers is a fat drunk. She could never be the poster child for Marvel.
    Psylocke

invisible woman would be a better candidate than ms marvel here. but even though i like ms marvel more, storm would be more prominent. only thing she needs is a ongoing book thats not tied much to the xbooks

Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    It's Storm.

Carol Danvers is a fat drunk. She could never be the poster child for Marvel.
    Fat as in Phat? All men like a nice phatty and drunk phattys are even better.

That said my pick is Storm although she's not fully marvelized. She still has the draw back of being soley associated with the x-men.
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Storm was a bit under the radar to general fandom once the initial hype from the BP wedding died down, and that lasted until she came to AXM. Meanwhile, Ms. Marvel has a solo ongoing, and more importantly, is a member of the New Avengers, which is Marvel's #1 ongoing. So as far as direct market hype/prominence, Ms. Marvel is higher right now, but in terms of general prominence and ability to be known by the common person, Storm is waaaaaay ahead, thanks to the X-Men films.

The really interesting question in terms of prominence in a pop culture sense would be the Invisible Woman vs. Storm.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i gave it to Storm because she would stick out more on a poster covered with marvel superheroines. plus there's her affiliation (for good or bad) with Halle Berry.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

definitely ms. marvel... she has weaknesses, unlike her highness. storm would have to get off her high horse if she was to be marvel's most prominent woman. maybe gain a few punds....drink a little... whore around...

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    definitely ms. marvel... she has weaknesses, unlike her highness. storm would have to get off her high horse if she was to be marvel's most prominent woman. maybe gain a few punds....drink a little... whore around...
    i don't know about that. Wonder Woman and Captain America are similarly "flawless."
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i don't know about that. Wonder Woman and Captain America are similarly "flawless."

most of dc's characters are flawless... that is pretty much what they are known for. who is marvel's most prominent hero? spider-man? wolverine? flawed.

I haven't really been able to take Storm seriously since she was arbitrarily paired with T'Challa. It's nice to see her back with the X-Men in recent Astonishing - either way, I like Carol more nowadays.

Out of those two, I'd definitely say Storm. Although personally (which doesn't particularly matter one way or the other), neither would be my first choice.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Neither one is a particularly strong choice if you talk to anyone who's not a big comic book fan. Yeah, Halle Berry played Storm in the movies but she was almost an extra since the movies decided to push Wolverine the heaviest out of all the X-characters. Loved Famke as Jean though, even if she was a bit too old. Movie goers probably remember Jessica Alba as Sue Storm more than they do Halle Berry's Storm. She had a bigger part.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-10-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Loved Famke as Jean though
    Easily my surprise favorite in the movies. I adored Famke's work.