Page 1 of 85 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Falcon Appreciation

Notable Aliases: "Snap" Wilson
    Powers & Abilities: The Falcon's original wing harness featured detachable jet-powered glider wings made of lightweight titanium ribbing and Mylar. The wings were covered with wafer-thin solar power receptors that convert sunlight into electricity to power miniature high-speed electric turbine fans in his uniform and boots. The wings detached and reattached to his uniform cybernetically. The harness was destroyed in Captain America and the Falcon #2 (2004). The uniform was made of synthetic stretch fabric lined with a steel-alloy mesh.

After the original flying harness's destruction,the Black Panther supplied Falcon with a new costume and wings. An emitter array on Falcon's back creates holographic "hard light" wings with a maximum wingspan of up to 50 feet (15 m). Controlled by a cybernetic link, the wings can be instantly reconfigured into "dozens of different cruise configurations". A "magnetic drive", in turn, provides the thrust needed to get Falcon airborne. The emitter also possesses GPS Jamming Devices that prevent satellite tracking, while the hard-light wings interfere with infra-red tracking. A Vibranium microwave was added to the costume itself, making Falcon resistant to small arms fire. The entire system is controlled mentally through cybernetic circuitry in the Falcon's mask. The costume has in the past featured a hidden "talon," a cybernetically controlled grappling line built into the gauntlets of his costume which he uses to entangle opponents, hook objects, or for swinging and climbing when his wings are detached. The costume's visors come equipped with various capabilities, including infrared lenses, giving him the ability to see objects by their infrared signature at night, magnification capabilities, and remote imaging sensors that allow a full 360 degree of vision when activated. The cowl also has a wide band receiver and transmitter with an unspecified range. The suit was originally built by Wakandan scientists, with costume modifications by Desmond Burrell

He is an excellent trainer of Wild birds, skilled in gymnastics, and superb in hand-to-hand combat. He also shares an empathic link with his pet falcon Redwing, and can push it to any other birds to see what they see, access their memories, or to some degree control them.

The Falcon. An AMAZING man formerly of the Avengers, and recurring partner of Captain America. Sam Wilson is a man of great stature and strength. With his trusty bird Redwing, who he shares an empathic link, Sam Wilson is one of the GREATEST HEROES ALIVE. Upon creation he was also the first African-American character to not have the word "Black" in his name. He is a revolutionary.

So if you don't appreciate Falcon it's about high time you start!
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-10-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Psylocke

Know the man. Respect the man.

Psylocke

He is sex on vibranium wings. LOVES HIM!!!!<3<3
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

One of my favorite Falcon images ever. A fun mini-series, despite the stupid mutant thing...

Is that the issue where the Sentinel thought Sam was a mutant???
    Maybe Sam really is mutant and the cosmic cube just brought out his latent abilities. He would be in the same boat as Cloak and Dagger. I would LOL at that retcon.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    Psylocke

Also, a classic moment between Cap and Sam.

Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    Is that the issue where the Sentinel thought Sam was a mutant???
    Maybe Sam really is mutant and the cosmic cube just brought out his latent abilities. He would be in the same boat as Cloak and Dagger. I would LOL at that retcon.
    The Sentinel issue was #2. But thankfully the whole mutant thing was dismissed in a later Avengers annual.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    The Sentinel issue was #2. But thankfully the whole mutant thing was dismissed in a later Avengers annual.
    Just imagine the outcry if some writer brought that back. Falcon as an X-men would do wonders though.
    Psylocke

Falcon is a character that I don't mind having as a supporting character. I'd rather him prosper while appearing in Captain America rather than suffer in a sub-par solo title that wouldn't last anyway.

One of my favorite Falcon images ever. A fun mini-series, despite the stupid mutant thing...

That's probably the most famous image of him.

Though I do like this one because of the look on his face. for some reason to me It looks like he's thinking "Yeah *$#*, you better move."

Falcon is a character that I don't mind having as a supporting character. I'd rather him prosper while appearing in Captain America rather than suffer in a sub-par solo title that wouldn't last anyway.
    Agreed. I love him in Cap even if it is just a side role. I wouldn't mind a mini or something though to show him doing some exploits on his own.
    Psylocke

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

He's cool in Cap. Other than that, I haven't really read much from him.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    Agreed. I love him in Cap even if it is just a side role. I wouldn't mind a mini or something though to show him doing some exploits on his own.
    ONLY issue I have with him in Cap is that he doesn't use all of his abilities to their full potential. He needs to attack more people with a swarm of birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    ONLY issue I have with him in Cap is that he doesn't use all of his abilities to their full potential. He needs to attack more people with a swarm of birds.
    Yeah, I was really surprised at how well he was used in his last Avengers stint. Didn't mind the exploration of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    So true.

Psylocke