Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thought this was appropriate since Sam's been getting a lot hate on the boards lately.

Harlem gets little attention in comics. There should be a Falcon ongoing series or mini-series that gives the community a superhero defender.

Your right! If there was a Falcon ongoing or mini Harlem would be an interesting place explore month to month. Maybe Harlem and the surrounding burrows could be his stomping grounds.

Luke Cage used to be based in Harlem as well. To bad Marvel never tried a buddy book or a mini between those two. Could have been pretty interesting.

I just finished reading this:

It's a pretty good story, that highlights Falcon just learning how to fly. Fun read overall. However it was a little difficult to tell if the story was in continuity or not. If I had to guess I would say it wasn't but I still enjoyed. Might go back and buy the full series.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    It's a pretty good story, that highlights Falcon just learning how to fly. Fun read overall. However it was a little difficult to tell if the story was in continuity or not. If I had to guess I would say it wasn't but I still enjoyed. Might go back and buy the full series.
    It was, loosely. It was released around when the movie was to come out. There was suddenly a whole slew of assorted Captain America books (but no ongoing Cap book for a couple months, but no one noticed because there were so many Cap books on the racks, hahaha). They were all one off 'insert wherever' tales. Some damned good books came out of that little period. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    It was, loosely. It was released around when the movie was to come out. There was suddenly a whole slew of assorted Captain America books (but no ongoing Cap book for a couple months, but no one noticed because there were so many Cap books on the racks, hahaha). They were all one off 'insert wherever' tales. Some damned good books came out of that little period. :D
    Interesting. I must not have noticed since I wasn't following Cap titles at the time. Do you know if the any other story in the series had Sam play a large role? Or was it just this particular one?

Interesting. I must not have noticed since I wasn't following Cap titles at the time. Do you know if the any other story in the series had Sam play a large role? Or was it just this particular one?
    There was the Falcon one shot, which was brilliant. I think you've already read that one though, no?

I don't recall offfhand any other notable stories with Sam. A lot of it was wartime stuff, before Sam came into the picture, and stories about the various men who've been Captain America.

Have you read Bru's run after Steve 'died'? Sam takes on a sizeable role in the book again, helping Bucky get his footing in the role. The Epting and Guice art seal that action like no one's business.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    There was the Falcon one shot, which was brilliant. I think you've already read that one though, no?

I don't recall offfhand any other notable stories with Sam. A lot of it was wartime stuff, before Sam came into the picture, and stories about the various men who've been Captain America.

Have you read Bru's run after Steve 'died'? Sam takes on a sizeable role in the book again, helping Bucky get his footing in the role. The Epting and Guice art seal that action like no one's business.
    If your referring to his most recent One-Shot, then yeah I have read it. It was an excellent story that turned me on to the character.

I also read bits and pieces of his Bru's run. Right now I'm going back and buying most of the issues in Trade. Hopefully its as good as I heard it was.

I can't wait tell issue 3 of Avengers comes out. I starting to grow impatient on how Hickman will treat Sam. He doesn't need to be another back ground player in this title. That bird needs to spread his wings!

I have heard good things about Geoff Johns run of the Avengers which included Falcon but have not been able to read it yet.

Mackie talked a little bit about the Falcon at the premier of Gangster Squad last night.
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/10...rica-falcon-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Mackie talked a little bit about the Falcon at the premier of Gangster Squad last night.
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/10...rica-falcon-2/
    Nice can't wait to see the costume. I bet Falcon will show up in the Cap Solo right around the movie's release.

Your right! If there was a Falcon ongoing or mini Harlem would be an interesting place explore month to month. Maybe Harlem and the surrounding burrows could be his stomping grounds.

Luke Cage used to be based in Harlem as well. To bad Marvel never tried a buddy book or a mini between those two. Could have been pretty interesting.
    Yeah, I would have bought that yesterday.I would want that more than Luke and Danny series. Hell, hopefully the proposed Heroes for Hire series will have all 3 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Nice can't wait to see the costume. I bet Falcon will show up in the Cap Solo right around the movie's release.
    Heres hoping for a falcon mini in spring of next year!

No reason not to have one.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Heres hoping for a falcon mini in spring of next year!

No reason not to have one.
    It'd be an actual crime if they failed to bring at least one out prior to the movie.

Like the original costume:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA117-9.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	107015