Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Ron Marz Unveils The New Angelus

The "Witchblade" writer talks to CBR about the newest adventures of Danielle Baptiste, the star of Top Cow's upcoming "Angelus" miniseries that spins off in December from the recently conluded "War of the Witchblades" storyline.

Full article here.

At this point, just make a character named "Boobulous" and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    At this point, just make a character named "Boobulous" and be done with it.
    I really hope you weren't trying to be clever or funny there.

Anyways, looking forward to this series.
    But I still miss Celestine.

New Member OPTIMUS_PRIMEversionKT's Avatar

Thumbs up Way To Go Marz

hey marz i'm reading ur witchblade since issue 100 & i am liking it very much.
    i bought BROKEN TRINITY & FIRST BORN too.EXELLENT job sir.keep up the good work coz u done with witchblade then i'm done with them too

btw already ordered ANGELUS 1 & 2 from DCBS

NEVERENDS comic artist Beto_Machado's Avatar

Am i the ony one that is completelly turned off by Stjepan Sejic's art? They look like the bodies are painted but the faces are photographs painted over. No idea how it's actually done, but it freaks me out.

WB used to be my 2nd favorite comic back in the Turner days.

I wish companies stopped making comics that are more like tv shows and movies than comics.
    Last edited by Beto_Machado; 11-09-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Hey Beto,

Art's definitely a subjective thing. Most fans seem to really respond and enjoy Stjepan's art, but if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea.
    Stjepan works entirely digitally in Photoshop and essentially paints with a tablet like a painter. He's traditionally trained as a painter can paint on canvas or board as easily as the computer.

Take care,
    Filip Sablik
    Publisher
    Top Cow Productions

Get Artifacts Volume 1 Trade for only $10!

I'm not really a fan of painted art in a comic book, but Sejic is certainly an exception. I really love his work and combined with Marz on the writing chores, Witchblade has been awesome. I've been with the book since issue #1 and have enjoyed different creative teams over the years, but Marz & Sejic have definitely taken it to a different level.

I totally admit that I thought Finch was going to be the new Angelus. Nice little misdirection there...

Definitely looking forward to the Angelus mini...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I'm actually looking forward to it too. Part of the whole reason I've been following WB for the past few years has been Sejic's art... the art style is actually good looking without making it look like a boob rag. Sure, the armor may look form fitting, but it's a huge change compared to the early days of mutant bone thong. And this is from somebody who owns a copy or two of the original Cyblade/Shi comic that has the witchblade's first appearance. :)

Sejic's art has a really unique look, and I like it.

--S