View Poll Results: Based on provided strategies, which team will win?

Voters
15. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Avenger08's X FEAR GODS

6 40.00%
  • Slumber Hulk's LAUGH RIOT

9 60.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger08 View Post

There is no regard to the actual enviornment, and its written that a character runs clear into a lava pit.
    Maybe, I was planning on running Deadpool into a lava pit... yeah, that's the ticket. He finally saw a way to kill himself and end his suffering. Deadpool #900 establishes how suicidal it is.

You so, "no regard to the actual environment". I say, "Dedication to character's emotional state."

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    It's been shown Phobos can see into the future, so him anticipating his moves wouldn't be O.O.C.
    Wow, that's cool. But wouldn't that push him to 2 draft points?

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Hulk View Post
    Wow, that's cool. But wouldn't that push him to 2 draft points?
    Why? Mantis can as well, but she's not 2 points either. And wow you complain a lot considering you won.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Why? Mantis can as well, but she's not 2 points either. And wow you complain a lot considering you won.
    I don't know if its complaining to ask if a person who can see the future be worth more than 1 point.

I don't know if its complaining to ask if a person who can see the future be worth more than 1 point.
    It's not like the power is super offensive. It can just be a really effective defensive power.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

It's not like the power is super offensive. It can just be a really effective defensive power.
    In this case it was used as, "He can predict and stop anything in your strategy."

A second look at your strat reveals "Phobos is the son of a god and can do whatever the hell he wants even to older more powerful gods" bias as well. So, hello kettle, this is the pot.

But to flip it around, when has it ever been shown that Phobos' powers work on Loki. It seems I'm under the burden of proof for everything while your strategy about Phobos says:
    "Knowing it is impossible for loki to control his mind"
    How does he know that?
    Your right, that was an assumption based on the fact that he is training under nick fury, who is specifically targeting members of osborn's Cabal and I assumed that he would have given each member of his team full details on all of their opponents.

"and being able to anticipate Loki's moves"
    No he can't.
    Yes, he can. He sees the future.

"Phobos manipulates any fear Loki has, and blasts it full force against him."
    So Phobos' rookie God powers trump Loki's veteran God powers?
    No, Phobos's single primary, extremely powerful GOD power trups over Loki's Frost Giant blanket dues ex machina spell

"to ensure that Loki will have no chance to mentally escape, even for a moment, and all of his powers will be innefective."
    If this were the case Phobos should draft at 5 points. If he can tacitly out do anything my character would try.
    No, because he would have to use every ounce of his abilities just to do that. He doesn't have a great expansive range of powers, he can just manipulate fear in others and has limited foresight

So where is the book, chapter and verse for all of your unsupported uses of Phobos powers? :P
    Every time he has been shown, hes been shown to have ENORMOUS abilities and powers, even NICK FURY was afraid of what he could do. That is a shizzleload of power

In this case it was used as, "He can predict and stop anything in your strategy."
    No, it was a HOLY CRAP, this dude is going to use a crazyload of magic so I better stop him before he does, sorta thing

Congratulations to Slumber Hulk, who advancees to Game H where he'll face Bodhi M. next Thursday. Good luck!

Great job, Avenger08, but unfortunately this is your second loss which means you are eliminated. Hope you had fun and that we see you in Mutant League 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    Congratulations to Slumber Hulk, who advancees to Game H where he'll face Bodhi M. next Thursday. Good luck!

Great job, Avenger08, but unfortunately this is your second loss which means you are eliminated. Hope you had fun and that we see you in Mutant League 2010.
    When is Mutant League 2010 Sign Up posted?