Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Flogging A Dead Horse - Nov 3, 2009

His two-year vacation finally over, Paul Jenkins has finally come to light at CBR with his [strike]all new, all different[/strike] FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE column! Thrills, chills and spills are in store as Paul tells how he landed, well, here!

Full article here.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

YESSSSSS, it's so great to have Flogging back again!

I eagerly await the upcoming stories, and your pics this column were fantastic.

Better keep Torak away from Mister Quimby...at least until Sally Floyd sets him straight.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." – RolandJP

Welcome back, Paul!

Huh, I was looking at the columns section of CBR the other night, and I saw "Flogging", and I went; whatever happened to that column?

So awesome that it's back now, the world needs to be exposed to the raw insanity that is Paul Jenkins' brain.

Long as he leaves Storm and BP alone----..Ill let him live.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Default Hello Chums!

Glad to be back. I will pop by from time to time to answer your questions and generally make a nuisance of myself. The first full column will appear next week, and then every two weeks after that. Weekly is kinda hard and frankly, I have very little of importance to say. But since I last did the column I have learned to belch the Belgian National Anthem. I'll see if I can do a recording of that.

Live long and prosper.

PJ

You wish, fanpigboy!!

Default Uggh, many unhappy returns

I didn 't miss this and see that unfortunately it's back and has as little comic book related content as ever but plenty of self-promotion as always. I wish this has stayed at newsarama where it would now be even easier to ignore.

Woot, he's back!
    All of us Jenkophiles have been dying to hear of your most recent assaults on the handicap community and adventures in alcoholic liquidation across the Americas.

Default Funny you should mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by johnchrist View Post
    Woot, he's back!
    All of us Jenkophiles have been dying to hear of your most recent assaults on the handicap community and adventures in alcoholic liquidation across the Americas.
    Wow, an upcoming Flogging deals with both of those issues at the same time. Glad to be of service.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Good to have the column back, Paul!

The return column was a fun read!

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Wow Paul Jenkins. I always wanted to say... that baseball issue of Peter Parker , Spider-Man was one of my favorite Spider-Man stories. The part where him and Uncle Ben go each year and see the Mets lose. And they finally win an opening day . Then we get the line that Ben died the next day , it added to that issue.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Default Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by del gorky View Post
    I didn 't miss this and see that unfortunately it's back and has as little comic book related content as ever but plenty of self-promotion as always. I wish this has stayed at newsarama where it would now be even easier to ignore.
    I can see you are still upset about the time I beat your cat to death with a baseball bat and then vomited on the remains. I am truly sorry about that. If you ever find it in your heart to forgive me I hope we can once again be chums.

If not, please feel free to tell everyone how vehemently you ignored this response.

O_o

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Oh yeah, you're gonna do just fine.
    Welcome aboard.

I gotta say though, that dude had a MEAN cat. Bastard thing stole my damn wallet.

Default Torak...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Good to have the column back, Paul!

The return column was a fun read!

-Brian
    The fun read is next week. Wait until you see what Torak has been doing.

Default Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Wow Paul Jenkins. I always wanted to say... that baseball issue of Peter Parker , Spider-Man was one of my favorite Spider-Man stories. The part where him and Uncle Ben go each year and see the Mets lose. And they finally win an opening day . Then we get the line that Ben died the next day , it added to that issue.
    Interesting comment on this (one I have used when lecturing): while that issue has often been cited as a fan favorite, it contains just one panel depicting Spider-Man in costume. This, to me, shows that people want to read stories about people, not necessarily about events/things/giant robots.

Though giant robots are cool.