Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Used Member

Used Member

Used Member

The time is now...

Used Member

Quote Originally Posted by pippl View Post
    Is there any point to these pictures? They're annoying and distract from the discussion. Can't you put them in one of the dedicated image threads?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Hell it's a wonder how the Marston estate gets any royalties at all anymore considering how much WW has changed. She's only the Character he created in name only now. And I recall her buying the Diana Prince ID fair and square, let her get her moneys worth I say. The Best use of the Diana Prince ID I ever saw was in Sprit of Truth bu Paul Dini in which she used it to gather Intell on her objective by taking on various disguises like Cutey Honey (Sometimes I'm a nurse, Sometimes I'm a Solider, sometimes I'm a UN aide worker.) Geez how come no one ever gives Det. John Jones any crap like this. He Jedi mind tricked himself an ID as a cop, and not just a cop but a detective to boot so lay off Wondy.

Used Member

Used Member

Could Diana Prince be easily create by the goddess. It was Aphrodite that give her the magic lasso. SO why not Athena create Wonder Woman identity. Also could the reasin why people can't tell it's her because somehow the same magic is use to stop people from knowing its her that is use to stop people from locating Themscyria
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 11-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Could Diana Prince be easily create by the goddess. It was Aphrodite that give her the magic lasso. SO why not Athena create Wonder Woman identity. Also could the reasin why people can't tell it's her because somehow the same magic is use to stop people from knowing its her that is use to stop people from locating Themscyria
    That's actually pretty good, though it will no doubt annoy people who hate the idea of Diana having a secret ID because its 'lying'.

Personally I think having a secret ID to stop people trying to kill your friends is just basic compassion.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That's actually pretty good, though it will no doubt annoy people who hate the idea of Diana having a secret ID because its 'lying'.

Personally I think having a secret ID to stop people trying to kill your friends is just basic compassion.
    How much of a friend can somebody you know in your secret identity possibly be if you won't even tell them who you are? People you are aquainted with in your secret ID are not friends. They can't be friends. Friends know who you are.

Diana Prince does not exist. She is/was something Diana, princes of Themyscira invented.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How much of a friend can somebody you know in your secret identity possibly be if you won't even tell them who you are? People you are aquainted with in your secret ID are not friends. They can't be friends. Friends know who you are.
    What a curious idea.

My friends do NOT know who I am, beyond the broad brushstrokes. There is a big difference between what my friends know about me, and what the EverQueen does. And she is also my friend. You can know someone generally without going into all the details that make them an individual. Indeed there are probably things that many of my friends would distinctly uncomfortable knowing, never mind how I would feel about it.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

What a curious idea.

My friends do NOT know who I am, beyond the broad brushstrokes. There is a big difference between what my friends know about me, and what the EverQueen does. And she is also my friend. You can know someone generally without going into all the details that make them an individual. Indeed there are probably things that many of my friends would distinctly uncomfortable knowing, never mind how I would feel about it.
    Is the image you present to your friends a total fabrication, with a completely different personality, fake name, fake documents, fake job, etcetera...

Well if the goddesses were to make Diana's identity. Would that mean that they would create all the documents need and have also create memories of Diana Prince. I personally think the id is a good because Diana could also fight for equality on a small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Is the image you present to your friends a total fabrication, with a completely different personality, fake name, fake documents, fake job, etcetera...
    If she does the job, how is it fake? And how is her personality different? Becuase she doesn't knock people through buildings? There is stuff I do differently at work and at home as well. You have your professional work face and your home face.

And all of this seems pretty inconsequential in the 'face' of "I'm sorry you were taken by villains and brutally tortured for months, then turned into a living weapon and made to murder innocent teenagers. But at least I personally didn't use an extra surname."

I mean really - you will punch a person in the face to protect innocent strangers but you won't pretend to have grown up in a different neighbourhood to protect your friends? How is that loving and compassionate?
    Last edited by brettc1; 11-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.